3%

Total votes: 75
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Ratings Poll: Samurai Sentai Shinkenger

Post by Knight of L-sama »

All right, who voted one? :twisted: Explain yourself! And I thought that the people who voted three were twisted degenerates.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Defend yourself!
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Well, I do think that Timeranger was better, because Shinkenger have a mid-series mecha galore that feels a little forced by the producers on Kobayashi'. It's a slight flaw and prevents it from being perfect as Timeranger was (in my opinion). Nevertheless, it's the best series we had in 15 years, and one of the best we had overall.

So definitely, people who gave it 1 star, we deserve an explanation. Isn't that just to go against the flow??
Luryuu
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Yayoi Ulshade
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: Ikimono Gakari
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Marie Iitoyo
Quote: I'll be your last hope. - Souma Haruto
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Luryuu »

ponkan wrote:the show that gives my faith back to the Super Sentai franchise after three straight mediocre releases (sorry geki fans, it doesn't really worked out on me. :mrgreen: ) thus, the only sentai in the preceding tvn polls that i graded 5.

aside from the clusterfreak mecha, you cannot spot any negativities in this show, and the mindnumbing twist in the last 3/4 of the series determines it's awesomeness, this is definitely Kobayashi's Magnum Opus. period.
What episode of Kyoryuuger was on your sig? My overall focus was on Yayoi, but this... *ehem* Anyways, I always love their plot twists and Ryuunosuke's funny parts. :lol: Although, I kind of agree that their Shinken-Oh's final form was kind of not very pleasant to see. It's kind of great mixing other robots but it's just have to be somewhat "appropriate" in it's body proportion. It's always my "let down" moment with the sentai of this era. Showa era was already great for me, despite of just being a skinny human robot when they form their Megazord or robot or whatever term it should be.
^credits to the maker
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

i think this is episode five.? can't quite remember it though i know it's an Ian Yorkland episode. lol, anyway we're on the same league here, my story standards are still holding on to Showa to early Heisei quality, since were in the same country, you know enough how much impact Hikari Sentai Maskman has to us kids that grow in that era. we can't blame Kobayashi on the mecha though, it's the producer's idea to cash out from it through more toys since it's quite popular when it aired.
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Many have already pointed out the great writing and such. I gave it a 4, but maybe i should have given it a five, i wasn't completely sold on the mecha, and their weak storyline.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Weak storyline? But they had some stuff that took 40 episodes to be revealed.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

takenoko wrote:Weak storyline? But they had some stuff that took 40 episodes to be revealed.
I meant the stories behind the mecha and such, and how they used the "i need to understand the mecha's feelings" plotline. I cringe at that one every time.

The story behind the bull mecha, i've forgotten its name was rather nice.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”