Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

So I watched the Shinkenger movie in 3D

Post by takenoko »

It was sorta neat! Maybe not optimal because of how I had it set up, but better than I thought it would be.

So I don't have a 3D TV or access to a 3D theater, but, I do have PSVR. And it does a decent enough job at rendering the 3D effects.

Few things though. I read a guide that recommended using the full screen (large mode). This made me feel like I was sitting in the front row and that the 3D was going through my skull. Hated it. The default is medium, which is what I used for most the movie, but I also really liked the smallest setting, since the 3D effects would then just show up in front of me.

There were definite times when the 3D effect didn't feel right. Like it was too confusing or something. Not sure if that was the movie or the set up.

-Think they only used one scene with arrows, effect was only okay. Surprised they didn't use it more than once
-One of the best scenes if the opening shot, where you're just zooming into legions of the bad guy soldiers.
-I know the expanding sword was supposed to be one of the 3D gimmicks, but it felt underutilized somehow

So yeah, if you're planning on getting a VR setup, you can try it too. The 3D Shinkinger Blu-ray came along with the Sentai movie collection that was released a few years ago.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: So I watched the Shinkenger movie in 3D

Post by ViRGE »

I didn't even realize the Shinkinger movie was released in 3D. Makes sense though; that was the heyday of 3D TVs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: So I watched the Shinkenger movie in 3D

Post by takenoko »

The DVD version came with the red/green glasses and was greatly inferior lol.

I have a fake memory of the Decade movie being in 3D, but I think I just misremembered Tsukasa watching the Shinkenger movie in a promo and being impressed by the 3D

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”