Altaisen00
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai, Super Robot
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Super robot Taisen

Re: Shinkenger 6 released

Post by Altaisen00 »

Great episode as always! Shinkenger still in good condition through 6 weeks though episode 4 so lala with Ryunosuke sad joke <_<!!
Poor Kotoha and she cute too, I'm proud of you Kotoha.. sigh
new insert song for battle theme and Shiken-Oh theme really classics, I like it!
-If you can't see beyond, you won't understand what is right in front of your eyes-
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Good episode with a really well designed and thought out monster. Mother & Father complex for Ryunosuke that's just hilarious, but Takeru was called a "Liar" I wonder what he's lying about to the rest of the group or hat he's not telling them that could possibly affect the team down the line?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

I'm anxious to find out what "liar" is all about, but I'm sure that will be several episodes (possibly > 10) from now. I'm thinking he's not really a "lord", but who knows.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Heh, the Shodophone finally gets used a communcation device. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to be used as phone.

OMG, I just realized something...
sticks & stones = wood & earth = ShinkenGreen & ShinkenYellow
Zuboshimeshi got more than just his bones broken. :lol:

My favorite part has to be when Zuboshimeshi was attacking the random people.
ElKevo86 wrote: And Chiaki had some nice moments too. For being a screw off he sure has some good insights on himself and others.
Chiaki's actions don't really come across to me as being insightful. From what I can see, Chiaki's pattern is to do something hurtful/reckless out of anger and later regret the mistake. That shows immaturity rather than any insight into human nature.

I would say that Mako is the insightful member of the team. She pays attention to details and recognizes their significance. For example, Mako figured out that Ryuunosuke was trying to hide his homesickness in Act 4. In this episode, she discovered that Takeru hides his vulnerable side with her probing questions.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

jolly_old_saint wrote:I'm glad this villain's had the highest visible death toll thus far. That said, six episodes in and still no reporting to the emperor. Authorized by the providence, indeed...

...also, is it me or does this show not like cars?
Its not jus this villian, it's the entire series thus far. Is it just me or there seems to be alot more blowing up and destruction lately as compared to some of the older series?

Well, Takeru rides on horses, so there's no need for cars.
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

Arigomi wrote:Chiaki's actions don't really come across to me as being insightful. From what I can see, Chiaki's pattern is to do something hurtful/reckless out of anger and later regret the mistake. That shows immaturity rather than any insight into human nature.
I have to disagree. In his episode that was true, but in this one he recognized the fact that Kotoha being down on herself was bull and that it wasn't right. Yeah, he went overboard and was kind of a jerk about it but he still had that realization. And the scene when he's talking about losing to her but she thinks she's a failure and he says what does that make me? Come on! That's pretty insightful on himself. I will admit that he acts quickly out of anger and realizes after the fact but I think in this episode he showed a tiny bit of deeper thinking.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Agreed, in fact even if he acted out of anger at the beginning, he ended up being able to comfort kotoha by himself, regretting is one thing, but being able to cheer that person back up requires loads on insight!.

and chiaki and kotoha threw out some overly nice combinations around :)

as for Takeru being bothered s badly by liar... i Do believe it is because of
Spoiler
the fact that he really DOES put up a front, and he feels guilty for being unable to get closer to the other members, or maybe even feels guilty for lying to them about his own personality... something like that...

^I put it in a spoiler tag just in case.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

I thought Kotoha was given some really effective screen time, you can see her character and how sweet she and strong she is. I think that when she gets older shipping her with Chiaki will be perfect. (When she's legal. LOL)

Takeru obviously thinks that he still is "the Boy who Peed His Pants", rather than the "Brave Lord". Hopefully he will learn in a future episode that being brave when you are scared is quite courageous.

Mother Complex. I think it means something closer to "Mama's Boy", as we say in America. Since he is a bit of a crybaby, that makes sense.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

ElKevo86 wrote: I have to disagree. In his episode that was true, but in this one he recognized the fact that Kotoha being down on herself was bull and that it wasn't right. Yeah, he went overboard and was kind of a jerk about it but he still had that realization. And the scene when he's talking about losing to her but she thinks she's a failure and he says what does that make me? Come on! That's pretty insightful on himself. I will admit that he acts quickly out of anger and realizes after the fact but I think in this episode he showed a tiny bit of deeper thinking.
Chiaki was having an opinion about Kotoha's obvious low self-esteem. Commenting on the obvious is not insight. Insight is about making connections using very limited information to reveal the hidden nature of things. There is a difference between the writers having insight into the characters and the characters being insightful. From Chiaki's perspective, it doesn't take a lot of deductive reasoning to come to his conclusions because he is aware of his own emotions. From our perspective, the writing is insightful because Chiaki kept his thoughts hidden from us.

I am not saying that Chiaki is incapable of deep thought. He spends a lot of time in self-reflection for his rash actions. I just don't believe he is insightful because that implies he has a nimble mind that can think laterally like Mako.
Fidchell wrote:Agreed, in fact even if he acted out of anger at the beginning, he ended up being able to comfort kotoha by himself, regretting is one thing, but being able to cheer that person back up requires loads on insight!.
The ability to comfort someone is different from being able to discern hidden truths.
Istrebitel
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Istrebitel »

oh my fucking god... such a great monster gone. He should have been in the main villians team. He would bring SOOOOOOO much fun into the series! Warui-Kuchi Oh, i love him! Actually, it reminds me of me, i also tend to get into harsh situations, because i tell people the truth that insults them and makes them angry on me... Whatever, such a great ability and such a fun episode, really seriously fun, not just kiddy humour that sometimes makes me fast forward.

I'm so depressed now he's dead... forever... ah how fun was it... Especially when that Ktulhu guy was covering his lips, when he was trying to say "But still i think you are..."

BTW, Usotsuki, is a liar. Uso = lie. What is the kanji/meaning for tsuki in this case? I would expect Usotsukai (うそつかい) (lie-user) same as in mahoutsukai (magican, or magic-user), especially as i've seen on some video on youtube about romantic phrases in japanese "uso tsukanaide kudasai" means "please dont lie to me"
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Cool Ayakashi power on today's act. Yeah it's like somebody from Yuyu Hakusho. Truth hurts, except to those who got numb to feel the pain.

I find the episode touching, and I can relate pretty well with Kotoha. Pretty much how my childhood was. :(
Except it became an inspiration to change that rather than accept it. I saw good interaction between Chiaki and Kotoha just like you did guys.

I love the Underhelmet reactions too. Brings more drama, to the scene.

I really appreciate even more your subs TVN Staff with this episode. :wink:
Ryu Serpentine
Adventure
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Ryu Serpentine »

I liked this episode because it brought up that words do hurt. Anyone who has a disability (especailly an emotion based one) can tell you the whole "words will never hurt me" thing is bull.

Kotoha wasn't hurt right away because she pushed her emotions down, but it hit harder at the end.

As for Chiaki being insightful, I think it is more that he is intelligent, immature, but intelligent.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Eh, I wasn't really a fan of this episode. I couldn't get behind Kotoha, I wasn't interested in the raw tragedy of her... clumsiness? Oh.
You think an enemy that could speak your darkest secrets or fears could be used for some darker, even shocking truths. I know it's for kids and I'm not saying go over-board, but what about Takeru? From what we can tell his father was murdered in front of his eyes, we didn't really learn anything from "liar". I just think it's a missed opportunity to show a group of heroes that haven't been squeaky clean all their lives, that would be really interesting.

How about Chiaki, we don't know where he got his Origami from yet, and he's useless at samurai stuff. Why didn't the enemy speak "thief" to him, that would have been a big thing!
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

friendlyquark wrote:I thought Kotoha was given some really effective screen time, you can see her character and how sweet she and strong she is. I think that when she gets older shipping her with Chiaki will be perfect. (When she's legal. LOL)

Takeru obviously thinks that he still is "the Boy who Peed His Pants", rather than the "Brave Lord". Hopefully he will learn in a future episode that being brave when you are scared is quite courageous.

Mother Complex. I think it means something closer to "Mama's Boy", as we say in America. Since he is a bit of a crybaby, that makes sense.
[Snip]

We dont need to know that, it is different everywhere we know, but given the views to that it is safer to steer away from it

Azazel
Squizz
Infinity
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live

Post by Squizz »

I havent enjoyed a sentai ep like this in ages, I can't remeber the last one XD.
I understand Kotoha perfectly, she sort of reminds me of myself three years ago, and Chiaki was rude but also right.
I love there interaction and I noticed the sticks and stones attack :lol: ,

I'd took Takeru's lying to be more about how he presents himself, specially as the phrase was lier in body and mind.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”