Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger 08 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Shinkenger_Act_08

Now catching Gedoushuu at weddings.

Spoiler
Bit disappointed that Mako didn't have much character development in this episode. But I was impressed with the Shinkengers' plan to find Dayuu and the brides. It's a bit unusual for the villain to save another villain. Juuzou seems to be a cool villain.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Shinkenger 8 released

Post by takenoko »

At least we got to see her out of that dumpy outfit that she usually wears

I like Juuzou's sword. Isn't it interesting that the teeth are on the reverse side of the blade? Plus the name is Uramasa which kind of means "reverse justice" whereas shinken is "true sword", certainly an appropriate contrast. I already feel like he's going to be a badass villain (although Dayuu was pretty damn good too, the swordplay in this episode seems a lot better than that usually seen in children's shows)
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Yeah agreed with Take there.

There's this funny feeling that Juuzou is someone who has some connection with the Shinkengers of the past. His design really looks kick-ass with the red skull and villians with swords are always cool.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Poor yellow, even blue was a better candidate for a bride than she was... not that it's going to do much for his reputation as a dude
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Artimid »

I enjoyed this episode.. it was a mix of fluff and creativity. I like the bride plan, and I like that we finally see one/two of the main baddies in action. Also, as was said, the sword work was VERY nice this episode. Glad to see that.

My only petpeeve about this episode was at the end, when the mobs had the sparklers sticking out of their guts.. they couldn't have come up with something better than that? That completely distracted me and I actually missed what was being said due to how those things were set on the outfit. >_< I can usually look past a lot of goofyness (seeing the crew in the helmet) and not actually see it due to enjoyment of the show.. but this really just screamed "OBVIOUS" at me.

Ah well, another good episode. I don't know why, but Chiaki gave off a vibe of a bit more care for Kotoha this time. It might have been how he looked at her shadow, or something, I am not really sure. It most likely is in my head. :p
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

-First it was Tetsu
Then it was Hanto
And now the next generation of Cross-dressing Sentai members, Ryuunosuke. I knew that Hiroki would be the crossdressing one.

-The choreography in this episode was really, really well-done. Maybe it's the fact that they're using swords all the time but really, I enjoyed watching the parrying, the strikes. And when Dayuu pulled out that blade out of her instrument, I was very surprised.

-So Juzo's full name is apparently "Disemboweling (Fuwa) Juzo." I don't think I want to know how he got that name.

-I wonder what that outfit that she was making the brides cry for has to do with her past. Were these guys human once or something? That would be a twist.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I don't mean to sound like a nitpicking person, but instead of "Backwards/opposite Justice" when putting the translation note of Uramasa, couldn't you have just said "Injustice"? Or is it a different meaning?

Also, I too liked the teeth on the sword, Uramasa. Reminds me of Gaoh's Gaohgasher from Den-O. Having it like that is actually tactically better than having the teeth on the edge of the blade instead. You don't want a sword catching on random things while slashing, whereas if you have the teeth on the back of the blade, you can catch an opponent's blade during a parry or deflection. Contrary to popular inaccuracies of swordplay, one does not block an attacking blade with the edge of a sword, you block or parry with the side. With the teeth on the back, you can also then twist the blade, catch your opponent's weapon, and then tear it away from them. The teeth will also of course cause massive internal damage when stabbing someone when you pull out.

Also, the bride and groom they replaced during their second go, why did they not get why they were taking their place, if Jii "warned all the marriage parties" as he said. At first I was like "I admire their bravery of wanting to go through with the wedding despite monsters kidnapping brides" but seeing that I was like "OK... either Jii forgot about them and no one berated him for it, or he told someone to tell the bride and groom and that person didn't". Also, Takeru fails at pretending to be scared.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

KickHopper wrote:I don't mean to sound like a nitpicking person, but instead of "Backwards/opposite Justice" when putting the translation note of Uramasa, couldn't you have just said "Injustice"? Or is it a different meaning?
It was a translation of the two kanji that form Ura-masa
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

takenoko wrote:
KickHopper wrote:I don't mean to sound like a nitpicking person, but instead of "Backwards/opposite Justice" when putting the translation note of Uramasa, couldn't you have just said "Injustice"? Or is it a different meaning?
It was a translation of the two kanji that form Ura-masa
Is it supposed to be a play on the fact that the teeth are on the side opposite the blade?
ImageImage
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Well, the sword play truly lives up to the name of samurai in this episode...not really. But it was good. I like how Mako looks in this episode, hehehehe...
I thought Disemboweling Juzo was a monkey when I saw him, like a maquacque.
I lost The Game!
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

*Is Dayuu's nose and mouth the suit actor's real face? Hope she can transform to a human form.

*I'm getting interested in Mako now, she's likeable in those wedding dresses.

*Chiaki's been looking over Kotoha's Shadow, keeping an eye on what. XD

*New verse for the ending song. Haven't memorized the first part yet. :P
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

monritche wrote:*Is Dayuu's nose and mouth the suit actor's real face? Hope she can transform to a human form.
No, it's part of the mask. Hence the mouth not quite moving with the words.
ImageImage
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

That's what I thought too. It seems to be moving in 8:33 to 8:35 and when she's instructing the renchuu, in some retraint though.

Meh might be a face-molded silicon, maybe you're right Kickhopper.
tedrules516
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by tedrules516 »

This was one of the best sentai episodes so far, even including the previous series.

The fight against Dayuu had good swordplay, suitably intense "boss theme" music, did not involve any tricks like poison gas or explosive insults, and was neither too easy nor impossibly difficult, making for a very good scene.

Dayuu's desire for a uchikake was mysterious and makes me wonder who and what she was in the past.

Juuzou's surprisingly soft-spoken, making him seem that much more dangerous.

Overall, the plot was more complex than anything from last year.
Kurojishi_Rio
Favorite series: Gekirangers
Dreamy: None
Favorite Actor?: Tokuyama Hidenori
Favorite Band: UVERworld

Post by Kurojishi_Rio »

Doesn't it seem like every other year, the Sentai's plots are more complex? Take Geki two years ago.
Spoiler
That one had a whole mish-mash of evil plans, mainly with Long, but it also stuff like an enemy actually being Jan's father, and some pretty deep stuff
and then Magi before that, which
Spoiler
had pretty much the same thing, what with Wolzard being the sibling's father and whantot, heck you even have a battle to the death,and Hikaru dying?
Then you Deka, Bouken, and Go-On, which didn't have as much depth to it as the others did. Also, what I've noticed is that those same years where the plot is more complex, the sentai use mystical robots/monsters/gattais, as opposed to the more mechanical ones. not really sure about Aba/Hurri/and those before them, I've only watched as back as Deka.

Comments for this episode
Doesn't is seem that Juuzou is going to be like the 6th member? He just seems to give off that kind of vibe.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”