Favorite series: Den-O, Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Sakurada Dori
Favorite Band: ON/OFF
My boom: Vocaloid
Quote: Omae, boku ni tsuraretemiru?

Re: Shinkenger 8 released

Post by AnimeFan »

Chiaki's role call was funny. Had a felling Ryunosuke would be the cross-dressing one. Dayu is so far my favorite villain in this show, Romi Park does a good job voicing her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's interesting that Dayuu uses an unusual term for "I". The archaic phrasing makes it seem more likely that these are beings that are centuries old
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I am seriously inlove with this show now. The protagonists, the enemies, the fight scenes, everything is awesome-ly subtle and not over the top. Heck they make crossdressing seem like a good idea now. xD

Usukawa Dayuu is my favorite villain since episode 1. I just knew from the start she's going to have a bigger part throughout the series. Juuzou is gonna have to be a close 2nd.

And www.trueswords.com should really make an Uramasa replica. I'd totally buy it.
junkergt
7X
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: 01
Favorite Band: The Brillant Green
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: S.I.C

Post by junkergt »

just wondering...if those shinkengers can do mutliple shadows ...could they do something like decade's illusion method? wont it be easier to fight those minor minions that way? lol.
My Brute
Guns are used for Subtraction
Rider Tristan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: The current Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Double/W
My boom: Decade's Conga Beat

Post by Rider Tristan »

Lunagel wrote:There's been crossdressing in quite a few sentai before, I don't see why you're so surprised that they pulled this, seeing as Hanto dressed up as a girl quite a few times in Go-Onger.
Personally, I'm surprised. But that's because I haven't seen any sentai before this one. And I have to say the whole revelation scene was both great and hilarious. Actually, the whole episode was pretty cool.
junkergt wrote:just wondering...if those shinkengers can do mutliple shadows ...could they do something like decade's illusion method? wont it be easier to fight those minor minions that way? lol.
Imitation shinkenmaru that can't defeat gedoushu? Sure, there's "because the writers don't want to" or some other excuse like that, but I wanted to see what excuse I could think of.
There's a reason why Decade AU Odin's user has not been shown...
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I noticed something off when they were summoning their shadows. Who wrote ShinkenBlue's kanji? I mean, Ryuunosuke has his Sodouphone with him, right? And you can clearly see that neither Kotoha nor Takeru have two hands raised as if to right two Kanji's at the same time. I mean, being ambidextrous is hard. x_X

wut, seriously? he did Juuzou's voice? I couldn't tell. xD
junkergt
7X
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: 01
Favorite Band: The Brillant Green
My boom: S.I.C

Post by junkergt »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:I noticed something off when they were summoning their shadows. Who wrote ShinkenBlue's kanji? I mean, Ryuunosuke has his Sodouphone with him, right? And you can clearly see that neither Kotoha nor Takeru have two hands raised as if to right two Kanji's at the same time. I mean, being ambidextrous is hard. x_X

wut, seriously? he did Juuzou's voice? I couldn't tell. xD

if i am not wrong, takeru's "shadow" kanji split into two colours after he wrote it, hencing creating ryuu's shadow as well.
My Brute
Guns are used for Subtraction
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

This seemed like a waste of an episode to me, like they needed to hurry and shove something on the air so they didn't have 2 eps in a row that introduced new origami. There was some good stuff though like the sword play and the official introduction of a new villain but the rest just seemed like they were filling time. Somebody said that we got some villain development but I don't see where. There were some questions raised (Who is Juuzou? What, if any, is his relationship to Dayuu? Whats Dayuu's deal with weddings?) but we didn't get any answers or learn anything new about the villains.

I really like Juuzou's design and it seems like he's gonna be a badass character. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

Random nitpick: Artimid mentioned being bothered by being able to see the sparklers on the Onanashi and nobody said anything about it or gave him crap. A few eps ago I mention being able to see the crew in the helmets and I was given crap and even the following week Take was all "I wonder what kinda pointless crap people will complain about this week." What the hell? Maybe it's cause every time the sparklers go off you can see them and everybody just doesn't really notice it after a while. And yeah, I'm nitpicking a nitpick and I know I'm gonna get crap for it, just trying to understand why my watching a show a little to closely warrants a "shut up ya baby, just enjoy the show!" and his goes by unrecognized (until now).
kamenrider_rairyu
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR Decade, KR Faiz
My boom: KAMEN RIDER.........

Post by kamenrider_rairyu »

DrakosAmatras wrote: I browsed around a bit and found out that
Spoiler
Juzo's voiced by Kaido Naoya/Snake Orphenoch from KR555. Whether he'll become one of the main spotlight characters or not, we'll have to see.
If that's true,
Spoiler
maybe kaido will be juuzo's human form :lol:

naaaaah...couldn't be true...
Gundams.....Disposing the target!!!
*Signature credits to Nidaram and VR Eli from deviant art*
*Avatar credits to Thunder025 also from deviant art*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's mostly because that stuff really isn't a big deal. We're all adults and we know the shows aren't real. Try using some of that suspension of disbelief

I was half joking when I made the "I wonder what crap..." comment. I mean, it's the kind of joke where you kind of mean it, but isn't it also kind of true? Look at your post. You just wrote a paragraph about how the episode "was a waste" because it didn't match your high expectations of it. That's fine, but this is more a problem with your personal experience and not the show itself
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

Your right, that stuff isn't a big deal and maybe in the future I should just notice it but not comment on it. If nobody is gonna care anyway why bother bringing it up. And I wasn't pointing you out specifically as some who was giving me crap, I'm sure you were half-kidding, it just was to prove that so many people were like "geez, just watch the show".

And I stand by my opinion of the episode. Almost every ep so far has been pretty good, giving us interesting characters, cool villains, and and some awesome fights but this one was just kinda bleh. It gave us no additional insight into the characters and did very little to advance the overall story of the series. Granted not every single episode can be a home run and sometimes you just have to stop and breathe. To quote someone else's post, this ep just felt like it was going through the motions. It gave us everything we've seen before plus a little we haven't.

I would like to end this on a positive note though and elaborate on some things I said in my previous post. I got caught up in complaining that I didn't get to them all.

The choreography was very good in this ep, particularly when Ryunosuke and Mako were fighting Dayuu. ShinkenBlue was moving really fast and trying so hard, it was just a good sequence.

Juuzou is gonna be an awesome character and I'm gonna predict now that there will be some conflict between him and Doukoku. Shitari calling him a stray and Doukoku's reaction didn't give us much, but there must be a reason why he hasn't been around. Only good things (and by good I mean bad) can come from him.

And finally, the XD moment for me in this ep was when Jii hit Chiaki upside the head. It looked like he really gave it to him and that it really hurt. Very funny.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

am i the only 1 who finds that church really familiar?? i mean is it the 1 they used for Kiva? if not, were do they find all those locations?

btw whenever i see juuzou i keep thinking of rito revolto i kinda expect a winged golden human sized monkey to show up too >< , gota get that disney PR crap out of my sistem ...
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

^ But Gashadokuro doesn't have a bloody red face and an awesome custom sword. :p

He looks like an evil Ryu Hayabusa to me. xD or an alternate costume for Yoshimitsu.

If he does indeed have a human form(and hopefully all the villains a-la Gekiranger), I hope he sports a wide brimmed bamboo hat.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

this is seriously getting random weddings? don't they also usually introduce the villains to the heroes right about now?. I don't know wheather to decide though mako or kotoha hmmm mako's smart but on the other hand kotoha's really cute
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Doublesteel wrote:am i the only 1 who finds that church really familiar?? i mean is it the 1 they used for Kiva? if not, were do they find all those locations?

btw whenever i see juuzou i keep thinking of rito revolto i kinda expect a winged golden human sized monkey to show up too >< , gota get that disney PR crap out of my sistem ...
Is it same church where Magiblue and Magishine got married in? I wonder...

I feel kinda sorry for shadows, basically shinkenger just sent them to their doom, ha!
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”