< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re: Shinkenger 14 Released

Post by harpdevil »

takenoko wrote:Looks like his voice actor is Shimoyama Yoshimitsu. Don't see Yabaiba listed
しもやま よしみつ
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%8B% ... 9%E5%85%89
Nope, looks iike Yabaiba was voiced by Kōichi Sakaguchi, who, among other things, played Cid and Kelk Ronso in FFX :)
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Ok, i think Koei is Stalking me.....

I could totally see myself in Richards Shoes....Though i think id do better at his training.......maybe to the point where i could kick Chiaki's ass XD.

ShinkenBrown, giving hope that white guys can go to japan, be subject to a random monster attack, and then Stalk Sentai Members!
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Ippitsu Sojou!

(heart, spirit)
ShinkenBrown! Richard Brown!

Very interesting episode. I enjoyed it, and so did my friends that I watched it with lol.
ImageImage
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

this episode was funny. haha...i really liked Mister Brown's character as his comedic timing were hilarious. i hope he will become a legendary ShinkenBrown when he returns to the US. haha...great episode and got to love this series!
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by harpdevil »

Hey! I just got a message from ShinkenBrown himself :)

"Thank you for the words, [harpdevil]! It was a pleasure for me to act with Aiba-san, a very good japanese actor. I hope of doing this job again because I love Super Sentai since I was a child. Let's Bushidou!"

So he is one of us! A fan can make it into the show boys and girls, there's hope!
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

harpdevil wrote:Hey! I just got a message from ShinkenBrown himself :)

"Thank you for the words, [harpdevil]! It was a pleasure for me to act with Aiba-san, a very good japanese actor. I hope of doing this job again because I love Super Sentai since I was a child. Let's Bushidou!"

So he is one of us! A fan can make it into the show boys and girls, there's hope!
:shock:
Hot Damn!

What did you say to him?

Ive always been saying we should send Toku Actor's Fan messages from here (some would need to be traslated of course, not every toku actor is proficant in English like Hiro is), just to let them know they have Fan's in the West that love there work.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by harpdevil »

I wrote to him saying
Spoiler
"Just saw your episode of Shinkenger, absolutely brilliant! You were brilliant, I loved your chemistry with Ryunosuke / Hiroki Aiba. My favourite episode so far, and certainly one of the best episodes of Super Sentai I have ever seen. Here's to you, ShinkenBrown!"

I also replied to his message with a link to this topic, so he could read our reactions to his episode and maybe respond if he would like to.
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

When he came with the Shiba gear I almost thought Jii gave him like a shodophone for himself and he was really going to henshin into Shinken brown ._.
And for some reason with Brown, I kept thinking "Charlie Brown"
And even though for the drama, I just got plain pissed when he was like " Oh Don't worry about that slight burn on my leg. I'm totally fine"
I hope to see at least a cameo in future episodes :P
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I thought this episode was pretty funny, so it came as a surprise to see how badly it was received elsewhere around the net by American/western fans of the show. Some people were so offended by what I just saw as exaggerating a stereotype for comedic purposes - and the stereotype was based more on the obsessed fan/otaku persona than someone from a particular country.

The irony in Chiaki lecturing someone about not being cut out to be a samurai was executed very well, and it was nice that he recognizes he's "taught" by Brown before the episode ends. He continues to get the most consistent character development.

>Also, you guys might notice Ryuunosuke taking on a flamboyant foreign tone in some scenes
I did. I wrote to myself at one point mid-episode: "Why does Ryuunosuke sound Italian?" The weird part was that he was usually still speaking Japanese, so there really wasn't a good explanation for the accent switch.

Another thing I shook my head at (and I know has already been pointed out) was the early attack strategy against the MOTW. I suppose basic science principles, like adding fire and wind to an existing fire will make it worse, were not included in their samurai classes.

Takeru was adorable with his "My line..." comment. I had just been thinking to myself that he seems to enjoy his speeches (particularly the "That's far enough, Gedoushuu" line) a little too much, and in comes Brown to steal the best part.

Movie announcement surprised me. I guess the timing's right, but it felt early. Love the silver screen pun.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

harpdevil wrote:Hey! I just got a message from ShinkenBrown himself :)

How do you track down such toku celebrity blogs? urayamashiii ~_~;
PrincessWoofbug
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Everything else
Dreamy: Rei Fujita (Zero)
Favorite Band: Asian stuff
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Shiny things *0*

Post by PrincessWoofbug »

This episode definitely tickled the giggling spot on me. Loved the chemistry between Mr. Brown and Oshishou!Ryuunosuke. The whole episode slightly irked me though with Mr. Brown's acting. The way he shouted every line, understandably, it's because he's excited to finally meet his idols (Who wouldn't be) but at the same time, he was starting to remind me of Roberto Benigni and how every line is over the top acting. Of course, the character of Brown is no doubt a caricature of a rabid fan... it was still almost too much with the constant yelling. Overall, great episode with funny dialog that could possibly have been toned down a bit.
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

Richard Brown was the best! I hope he comes back later in the season
Tetra_Urataros
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O wins this one.
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Faiz
Dreamy: Yuri from Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Hajime's actor.
Favorite Band: Home Made Kazoku
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kuri-sama...

Post by Tetra_Urataros »

....Richard...Brown...? >.>
"A thousand lies, lie behind each word. A million truths isn't as interesting as one lie."
Spooky Tanuki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Geki or Magiranger
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Band: WHY?
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Pokemon Cards

Post by Spooky Tanuki »

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere before, but I'd just like to point out that the actor who played Richard Brown has our TV-Nihon subs for episode 14 on his Facebook page!
Slowly watching through:
Den-O, Kamen Rider W, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Akihabara@DEEP, and Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Just watched this one yesterday (I'm watching Shinkenger and Goseiger concurrently, having started Shinkenger after finishing PR:RPM). lol, poor Ryuunosuke! Richard was obsessed with being a Samurai, but it got them all in real danger! Having his surname and colour both be brown was clever, and avoids a major trope - namely the Sentai colour palette, which has never included brown (then again, it didn't include purple either, until Gekiranger, so you never know!). lol'd at the roll call as well. :)

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”