Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Re: Shinkenger 17 released

Post by KickHopper »

zheyao wrote:Finally, a Tengu appears as a MotW. I was hoping one would show up after playing Okami.
I'm pretty sure it was a Kitsune, what with all the FOX MAGIC going on. Although yes I did notice crow themes as well, it was mostly fox themed. Perhaps it's a mix of Kitsune and Tengu, which is quite ironic. The invisibility makes sense for Tengu as there is a story about a Tengu who has a magic cloak that makes him invisible, who he trades to a boy for a "magic shoot of bamboo" that wasn't quite magical.

ShinkenGold was interesting. I loved the use of iaido. And yes, his blade did increase in size, but then so do the discs that the Shinkenger use, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm gonna laugh if that was a Sea Snail Origami in the fish tank with the Squid.
ImageImage
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yeah. It always happens. Remember how Mutsuki in Blade was the "god" of Riders. Then he became crap.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7

Post by KickHopper »

archer9234 wrote:Yeah. It always happens. Remember how Mutsuki in Blade was the "god" of Riders. Then he became crap.
That's a different matter entirely. He was badass when he started because he was being possessed by the Spider Undead. And it's Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider does things differently with latecomer Riders than Sentai. Just look at GekiViolet and GekiChopper for how things go in Sentai.
ImageImage
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Interesting that Shitari assigned an Ayakashi to try and learn what the sealing character is. I could have sworn that Doukoku specifically told him not to mention it to anyone else for fear that it might trigger a revolt against him. The scenes with not-so-paranoid Takeru did a good job of straddling humor and suspense, although I wonder how long it took them to film Takeru doing all of those flips in the mansion. And along those same lines, I thought it was interesting that even though they made a point to show that Takeru was exhausted from being on high-alert for so long, he was the only one quick enough to figure out what was coming during the Fox Technique Reversal attack and turn to catch it face-front.

New Shinkenger introduction was slightly strange but entertaining. The core Shinkenger's reactions, however, became an instant classic for me. Chiaki almost rendered speechless, Ryuu's unnecessary apology, Takeru's retort and, my favorite, Kotoha's observation that Shinkengold is "sparkly." Oh, she is going to love Miu. (But Hiroto is probably going to hate Genta...heh, he thought Sousuke was bad.) She also had another cute moment when she blocked Genta's path during her and Chiaki's chase.

A lot about this episode grew on me the more times I watched it. I really enjoyed the fight choreography, and ShinkenGold's BGM/image song became very addictive. Something about Genta bothered me at first and I couldn't put my finger on it - I think it might have been the way he talks. (But "Take-chan" - I hope he keeps calling him that) Assimilating his personality into the team will probably be the challenge over the next few episodes, especially after the sushi trick he pulled. I can really sympathize with the Shinkengers on that - I bought sushi a few weeks back and didn't realize one had gotten pushed into a dollop of wasabi. That was quite an unpleasant experience.

Ika Origami is sooooo adorable. Loved how it perched itself on the Ayakashi's head and proceeded to beat it up after it was comfortable.

Mako looked different this episode. Did she add some curl to her hair?
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7

Post by KickHopper »

PHurricane wrote:Something about Genta bothered me at first and I couldn't put my finger on it - I think it might have been the way he talks.
What's wrong with a Kansai accent?
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In his profile, Isagitsune says that the beak is probably tenguu in origin. But the kitsune in his name probably does mean fox

I also thought there was some backstabbing going on, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

KickHopper wrote: That's a different matter entirely. He was badass when he started because he was being possessed by the Spider Undead. And it's Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider does things differently with latecomer Riders than Sentai. Just look at GekiViolet and GekiChopper for how things go in Sentai.
Those two got nerfed and forgotten too. Once Violet got the wolf out of him and after chopper got Saidaioh.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

PHurricane wrote:Interesting that Shitari assigned an Ayakashi to try and learn what the sealing character is. I could have sworn that Doukoku specifically told him not to mention it to anyone else for fear that it might trigger a revolt against him.
I would chalk that up with Shitari trusting him as he probably taught him the black arts.
PHurricane wrote:Mako looked different this episode. Did she add some curl to her hair?
Mako has looked that way in last couple episodes or so. Especially for the announcements for the Shinkenger movie.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Yes, Gold was strong, but not so much. I don't think he'll need to be nerfed. Takeru was tired and not only he turned his back to block the Gedoushuu's attack, he was quick and strong enough to help gold with the crows before he could finish the gedoushuu. As I said, Takeru is just too badass. Remember his threesome fight with Juuzou and the other Gedoushuu. And his figth against Dayu.

And Ryuunosuke is almost as good as Takeru regarding swordplay, as stated in previous episodes. But he isn't as smart and resourceful. Kotoha and Mako are shown to be pretty strong, but nowhere near Takeru. Chiaki is a wuss, but he is getting stronger.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Man, now I'm really in the mood for sushi.
goldlantern
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Favorite Band: Random
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Green Lantern

Post by goldlantern »

I'm watching this right now, so this post will be edited:

Clearly, Takeru has been following Peppy the Fox's admonition to...(Ready for it?)

DO A BARREL ROLL!

EDIT: Yaay, superhero time is back!

EDIT2: ShinkenGold's Chapter Finish stance reminds me of Goemon Ishikawa's announcement from SW1.
Last edited by goldlantern on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

m4rc0 wrote:And Ryuunosuke is almost as good as Takeru regarding swordplay, as stated in previous episodes. But he isn't as smart and resourceful. Kotoha and Mako are shown to be pretty strong, but nowhere near Takeru. Chiaki is a wuss, but he is getting stronger.
I thought Ryuunosuke was supposed to be a little better than Takeru with the mechanics of swordplay, just his instincts aren't as good.
m4rc0
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

As they said, a dojo fight and a real fight are different. Ryuu might have a better technique, but that is not the only thing that matters in a real battle.
IijumiSoukai
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Ranger six has arrived and it was cooool! To me, Genta is Chiaki and Ryuunosuke combined with a side of silly. I hope that he doesn't end up with the others in the Shiba mansion. He should live on his own and just support.

Nice that they finally explain why Ayakashi haven't invaded the mansion, but why did they wait until now to say something? :?

Lol at him glomping Take.
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

I see I wasn't the only one that noticed he was overly shiny. Seriously Ryuki could henshin using his suit as a mirror.
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”