2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Re: Shinkenger 17 released

Post by Vim Crony »

I agree, his character totally adds balance to the seriousness of the rest of the show.

AANNNDDD - Dude, his character song is sooo cool* It's very heavy and aggressive sounding!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I think the "reveal my strategy to trick the MOTW" was handled much better this time. The clues were there, but they weren't obvious.
zheyao wrote:Is it just me or does Genta seem to put on a few pounds when he becomes Shinkengold?
It's hard not to notice since the actor is very skinny (even among Japanese standards). I doubt they could find a suit actor that was slim enough since the stunts require people with a little more meat on their bones. We can always just imagine that his suit has a lot of padding in it to absorb impact.
kaemmerite wrote:I dunno, I just like that he's goofy, but still exceedingly strong. At least until he's been on the team for a while and gets nerfed.
It is very unlikely that he will get weaker. It is already shown that he is still a bit clumsy with his fighting. After all, Takeru had to help him against the crow attack. A balance will be reached when the other Shinkengers get stronger.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

WELL, no, I'm not convinced.
I few people have said he balances out the more serious tones of the show, but i didn't want that, we already had a very comedic and slapstick whole season before this with Go-Onger. I didn't even think he was funny, and he doesn't fill any role that isn't already better filled by Chiaki or Ryunosuke. Ken played the same role in Gekiranger, and from what I've seen so far Ken did it much better. Well, we'll see how it goes in later episodes.

I do like the suit though, and am looking forward to seeing how a squid origami will combine. It looks like it's made out of lego, lol, especially the eyes. AND just yesterday in the random picture thread i said how strange it would be to have a squid mecha, and now here we are.

I think our previous conclusions will still turn out to be right though, the story ark of that particular aspect fits other seasons pretty much down to the letter.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

I hope the squid turns into a giant gun that shoots ink cannonballs!

Or maybe a Squid-themed spear or something. :D
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I like blue's split-up plan...
ShinkenBlue wrote:Shag, you and Velma go look for Scoob. Daphne and I'll go, ah...find the crazy guy.
CarterSensei
Gao

Post by CarterSensei »

And yo, the prophecy of the pastry was fulfilled. Seriously, I first saw the ShinkenGold character on the packaging of a loaf of melon-pan a couple of weeks ago. My first reaction was "Good God that kanji is distorted!" Took me a couple of seconds to even recognize it.

I love the costume. Gold and blue have always looked good together and they work for him. I'll get used to the helmet after an episode or two.

The fish dagger is, frankly, stupid looking. And did anyone else notice how it seems to change size mid fight? Was the blade forged on Cybertron or something? I admit that it fits the sushi theme and is based on a real ancient Japanese weapon but this is a sixth ranger we're talking about here. I, for one, have been conditioned to expect a certain level of bad ass in my sixth ranger.

I'll give them points for the ika mech as far as originality goes. Besides, if they already have a super robot with transsexual drill bobbies, is a squid really that silly?

I don't know about his personality. As we've seen with ShinkenBlue, personality can settle into a completely different shape after a few eps. So if you don't like him yet, give him a bit.

Overall, I like him, I'm especially going to enjoy seeing his connection to the Shiba clan. If he's another retainer, why wasn't he called at the onset? Why didn't Take-chan know who this guy was at first? I want to know the rest of the story.

For that matter, can this guy even use Mojikara? His changer doesn't seem to require it and we know from the previous ep that Mojikra is a requirement to be a shinkenger.

Lastly, was that a second Orikami I saw in the tank?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I have the funny feeling that his goofiness won't stick around for too long, or at least not at such a great extent, partially because of the preview's title (and I shall leave it as that).

Good point about the Mojikara CarterSensei. Now that you mentioned it... hmm...
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

paranoia has hit takeru lol the pressure is just to much for him. shinken gold is annoying. i'd like to see more of that gedoushaa type using spells and all that
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

It was a fun episode. I still have to get use to his comedy. It's a bit odd that they added more. Do we really need more? I wish they didn't pick gold again. When he changed. The first thing I thought: Go-on Golds brother.
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

Based on what we've seen so far, it looks like Gold is a childhood friend/cousin/something of Takeru. As we all know, childhood friends are the most embarrassing kind when they show up to torture adults...they know all the secrets. Maybe his purpose is to humanize Takeru a little bit....bring out some personality (any personality, enough brooding already).

I agree the show really doesn't need more in-you-face goofy, but we'll have to wait and see where it goes. Chiaki and Ryunosuke (and Meester Brown) already provide plenty of goofy.

Has Gold's actor been in something else? He looks familiar, but I can't place him.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I enjoyed this episode. ShinkenGold looks cool, and his goofiness adds to the show. I have a feeling that Chiaki and Genta will clash in terms of personality, something to look out for. Oh yeah, the reaction of the others when he transformed was priceless!

And I loved his fighting theme!
whirlingstorm06
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Band: Yuki Kajiura

Post by whirlingstorm06 »

i think you missed something in the subs (but it's very minor)

genta: long time no see, take-chan
takeru: genta...
genta: -i missed you so much, take-chan- (this, you missed. he said "aitakatta daze, take-chan" if i'm not mistaken)

ANYWAY.

ika origami is cute. this is the first time they did a squid right? i like that the disc actually folds on the origami and kept that detail. i would like the see it spin though to see what kind of animation it does if the ika disc is put on the shinkenmaru.

and yes... is that another origami in the tank? looks suspicious... it's not moving though.
===
"if you know that something is wrong, point it out. heaven knows it needs an intervention."
Toshiya
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Toshiya »

This was my favorite episode so far in the series with another 2 also being my favorite. I thought the Ika Origami was awesome and I assume the Lobster Origami isn't gonna show up until a couple of episodes later. I'm gonna assume it's gonna be a mech for Gold. :X
DisneyKiller
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Ryuki
Dreamy: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: SNSD

Post by DisneyKiller »

Nice ep. I wanted a more BA 6th but this is fine, too, as long a s he is original. Well he already looks that way.

And I just thouht of something.

Take-chan......
Takenoko arent you called Take sometimes.
Take-chan...

lol
just kidding
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Arigomi wrote:It is very unlikely that he will get weaker. It is already shown that he is still a bit clumsy with his fighting. After all, Takeru had to help him against the crow attack. A balance will be reached when the other Shinkengers get stronger.
I doubt it. It's pretty standard for shows like these, for the new guy to come in and be super awesome, and then he becomes nerfed so that it's not just "Oh I'm going to come save the day again!" for the rest of the series.

Remember how ridiculously strong Go-On Gold and Silver were when they showed up, and then after a while they started getting smacked around just like the other Go-Ongers. The same's going to happen with ShinkenGold. It's just the way the shows work. I'm not saying it's bad, it's kind of a necessity. Just that it's gonna happen.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”