Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger 17 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

A mysterious guy with a sushi cart appears while Takeru is slowly thinks that somebody is watching him.

Spoiler
Before I talk about ShinkenGold, I like how the Shinkengers usually have a plan of action. It was a bit creepy to see Takeru appearing to losing his mind like that. This episode also explains why the Gedoushu are unable to get inside of the Shiba mansion. There was lack of Dayuu and Doukoku in the episode but Shitari didn't forget about the sealing character. I figured that this week's Ayakashi was closely related to him.

Now to talk about Genta aka ShinkenGold. A bit silly at first but can be bad-ass when need to be. With the iai, he show how powerful he could be. The SushiChanger is a bit silly but it adds to his personality. I'm not sure about this but I don't think I seen a squid as a giant mecha before or at least used by good guys. His character song was awesome as well.

The best part of the episode was "TAK-CHAN!!!" followed by a glomp.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Shinkenger 17 released

Post by takenoko »

I was kind of surprised the episode wasn't completely devoted to the sushi man. Maybe Takeru really is Kamen Rider Red!

Jokes aside, I like that ShinkenGold comes off silly but has actual skill to back himself up. It seemed like he was falling a lot though, so maybe he's just a wannabe samurai. That's my guess at least. Next episode we'll find out!
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I was actually disappointed with ShinkenGold, I wanted a more serious personality for it. I mean the colours and the suit all made him look cool, but seeing Genta was a bit of a let down. Then again, maybe cause he's just a wannabe samurai and not a true one yet, that's why he has a more laidback attitude. But we already have ShinkenGreen!!

But his skill is undeniably good, an unorthodox fighter.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I love ShinkenGold. Props to suit actor for awesome acting, it's so fun to watch his gestures.

Sushi ranger...ha! That's a win for me.

I was looking forward to ranger with such sword fighting style like his. That's my favorite fighting style for sword weapons (other than wielding two swords).

Reactions from shinkengers after ShinkenGold's introduction is priceless.

Finally a ranger that's completely opposite of ShinkenRed without being his rival. I believe his personality kinda complete the team at last. I just hope he will stick around for rest of series.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

I like sushi.
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

Is it just me or does Genta seem to put on a few pounds when he becomes Shinkengold?
Also, is that Psychic Lover singing Shinkengold's theme song?

For some reason, I like how Takeru came up with the idea of using smoke to confuse and draw out the Ayakashi. These ideas always seem to impress me.

Can't say I like the new character just yet. Maybe after a few more episode I'll grow to like his silliness. Nonetheless, a pretty good intro for Shinkengold. I like his Sakanamaru, which I guess is modeled after a Tantō (short sword).

Finally, a Tengu appears as a MotW. I was hoping one would show up after playing Okami.
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

Completely wacky. ShinkenGold seems to practically bounce off metaphorical walls with his personality. Interesting to see his relation to Takeru later, not to mention how well he'll get along with the others. Kinda makes me wonder how Jii-san will handle ShinkenGold (if he has to) considering how Jii-san already responds to Chiaki's actions and remarks.

Interesting fighting style though. Can't wait to see more of it later in the series. ^_^

-Draiken Talkos

PS: I loved Kotoha's remark that Genta's suit was shiny. :lol:
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

"IRRASHAI!!" When I heard that I was like "WTF?"

-ShinkenGold a.k.a. Genta's grand (or should I say "pika-pika") debut today. I made sure not to watch ahead of time because I really wanted to see this guy so how does he hold up? Well, there's no doubt that he's goofy, though this may have been on purpose. I always felt that Ryuunosuke wasn't enough of a comic relief and it looks like Genta is it. Regardless of his zany attitude, he does have skills. Badass skills. I always thought the "Iai" style was cool in anime so it's really cool to see it in a toku.

-I got flashbacks from when Kamen Rider Faiz used his Accel Form the first time. You know, with the really fast moves at first and then it shows what he was doing during the speed up.

-BTW, Genta's battle theme is freaking amazing. I already like it more than the opening.

-Takeru's freakout was creepy but it's good to always see him in control.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Certainly an interesting way to introduce sixth "official" Shinkenger. Genta was alright I kinda think they went a little overboard on his personality, he just comes off at times as abit to comical in his actions and it kinda detracts for his amazing skills that he demonstrated, perhaps in later episodes the actor playing Genta will have really nailed his character so as his slapstick doesn't detract from the fighting alot. Yeah I think a Squid mech is definitely a first for the franchise (unless their was one in Gaoranger that was never used), it certainly was very well designed, I can't wait to get my hands on the toy version.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
touma_karamochi
Gao
Favorite series: KR W, BouKenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Den-O, Go-Onger
Dreamy: Eiji, Gunpei
Favorite Actor?: Deai Masayuki ^_^
Favorite Band: eroica, more
My boom: Phillip, Genta

Post by touma_karamochi »

Yay, a cool 6th Ranger and a good Gold one at that. I have to say I thought the Wings were all right, and I didn't really like SpiffyBoy(aka MagiShine) so much. I love that he uses iai-do, and that he has a squid-origami. :D I also like that, kinda like Chiaki, he has a lot of power, but needs to control it so perhaps good character development like we've seen with Chiaki in his episodes. He also likes to go off, and be all genki too, which is amusing. ^_^
Thanks to ShinmeiSuzaku :)
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I think Chiaki is no longer my favorite character.

I dunno, I just like that he's goofy, but still exceedingly strong. At least until he's been on the team for a while and gets nerfed. His finisher was awesome too. And he's definitely got more than one Origami, there was a second in the tank, but I have a feeling it probably needs something before it can be activated.

It'll be nice to see who this guy actually is and where he gets his power from. I like his Sushichanger, too.

Kinda weird to have two Golds consecutively though. Has the sixth member being the same color as a previous sixth member ever been done before?
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

I like Shinken Gold. He makes a nice foil to Shinken Red. The phonechanger is a creative touch, it looks like Sushi when the disc is put in.

Though what exactly is a Sakana?

Another question, what's the difference between 刀 and 剣 in terms of meaning?
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I think Sakana means fish.

I found gold silly. But strong. Let's see how he evolves in the next episodes. And how he will interact with the other shinkengers. And we already have Chiaki as the fool. I wonder what part he'll play. And his design was a bit too flashy.

Spoiler
The sushi themed changer looks silly, but the producers are trying hard to make a true japanese themed tokusatsu, so it fits. His fish sword wasn't that bad, since it is different from the others, who fight more or less the same way.

I didn't liked the iai thing though. I mean, iai is a sword thecnique and it didn't appear in the series. But with his unorthodox fighting sytle it seems off...

I wonder how he'll use mojikara without a shodophone. his changer doesn't seem to have a paintbrush.

I look forward to the Squid armament. And I also noticed another origami next to the squid origami. A golden one. I wonder when he'll use it.

I liked how Takeru handled the ayakashi, he is just too badass. And even when all the others were useless he helped. A pity that they make him a bit weaker and stupid in some eps, doing things such as using fire against a fire ayakashi...

The ayakashi was very cool and interesting. And kinda powerful. unfortunately, shikengold beat him easily in his debut battle, just to look cool. I wish they hade saved it for a future episode, because he had a lot of potential.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

SwordHero1 wrote:Another question, what's the difference between 刀 and 剣 in terms of meaning?
刀 Katana/Tou

"The term katana may be applied to the standard size moderately curved (as opposed to the older "tachi" style featuring more curvature) Japanese sword with a blade length of greater than 60 cm (23.6 inches).[1] The term is sometimes incorrectly used as a generic name for any kind of Japanese sword" -Just pulled from wiki

剣 Tsurugi/Ken
""Tsurugi" (剣) is a Japanese word used to refer to any type of broadsword, or various Chinese heroes' weapons or Chinese swords (Jian). [1] The word is used in the West to refer to a specific type of Japanese straight, double-edged sword no longer in common use." -Just pulled from wiki

If this is a fabricated truth, it seems kind of compelling? Note that the second kanji is the one used for KR Blade, and that the kanji for katana itself has a curve structure
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

Works for me. Thanks Take.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”