Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger 44 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Shinkengers are celebrating in the New Year with an Ayakashi assassination plot and a moment that will change their lives forever.

Spoiler
So with the appearance of the true Shiba lord, it brings why Takeru acts in the way he does. I will go into more about Takeru in the next episode as I want to confirm some things. It's pretty sad that the Shishi Origami managed to defeat the Ayakashi this week when DaiKaiShinken-Oh couldn't lay a finger on it. Then again, it wasn't exactly the fastest mech out there. I swear that the Jiis must practice that speech as a requirement to be their confident.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Shinkenger 44 released (No HD yet)

Post by Lunagel »

Spoiler
HOLY SHIT FEMALE RED :shock:

If for nothing else, this is why I will love the Shinkenger series, for at least attempting to push the boundaries of sentai.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Hell yeah, Takeru was so badass this episode with using the trick he used on Juuzo again (the "get hit and then hit 'em with a big attack")

Well whether you like it or not, Shinkenger will be one of the more notable Sentai in recent memory. Why?

1. A focus on swordplay combat with an incredibly sparse amount of martial arts.
2. The first ever in-continuity crossover with Kamen Rider.
3. And of course, this. Yeah, sure, we in Amerca did this (and number 2) already with PR but this isn't about PR. This is about the fact that for the first time ever in over 30 years that we have a female red Sentai senshi. Sure, she's not the main character, but this is just the stuff that you think to yourself would happen but always back up that thought with "Nah, Japan would never do something like that" but here it is (same with number 2 actually). Now Kaoru's appearance is stunning and I'm glad that the mystery about Takeru's emotions wasn't just loose hanging ideas but actually a "just as planned" scenario that had been thought of from the beginning. I think it "may" be a little late for this but it's too early to make such judgment. So for now, Shinkenger! I applaud thee for this path you have taken.

And it's not the way I've expected but we finally got Seven Samurai.

On a side note, I don't like new Jii. He's too cantankerous.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

What an unexpected twist in the series a female Shinken Red, that is definitely something I never saw coming. Grat's Toei for pushing the boundaries of Sentai, hopefully this boundary pushing will continue into next season.
Last edited by Battra on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Phoenix512 wrote:It's pretty sad that the Shishi Origami managed to defeat the Ayakashi this week when DaiKaiShinken-Oh couldn't lay a finger on it. Then again, it wasn't exactly the fastest mech out there.
I didn't take that from it, I took it more as a since she's the REAL Shiba head, she has higher mojikara and knows how to use it better than Takeru. So her use of Shishi Origami is much stronger than his because of it.

Ah, and now we get the meaning of the "Liar!" statement from way back in the beginning with that one Ayakashi who could hurt people with its words. Yeah they've been foreshadowing this for a long time now that I think about it.

I have a feeling I know how things are going to play out but I'll keep my theories to myself.

EDIT: I noticed the "Tayuu" thing as well and googled the name, and found this post on another forum.

"There are two readings in Japan, kunyomi (japanese reading) and onyomi (chinese reading), please don't ask me about the details. It's like 田 - you can read it as da or ta, depends on the situation, for exampe - 山田 - Yamada and 田中 - Tanaka. Usukawa Dayuu will be read with 'D', Tayuu by itself (without Usukawa) will be read as 'T'. This deduction is based on the furigana/hiragana in the magazine. Both are correct, depends whether the full name is read (Usukawa Dayuu) or just Tayuu."

So I guess that is the reason why? I know next to nothing about Japanese so I mean...sounds good to me.
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

I guess this also explains the bullet thing why Takeru didn't burn as much as they expected to.

So he was... a replacement temporarily?
like how Kotoha was a replacement for her sister?

The new jii is an ass.
and Super Kuroko!
Hypnotikk
Favorite series: Firefly
2nd Favorite Series: Star Trek Enterprise
Dreamy: Takahashi Rin!!!
Favorite Actor?: Odagiri Joe...
Favorite Band: AKB48!!!
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Tokusatsu!!

Post by Hypnotikk »

The title of the next episode "Kagemusha" (Shadow Warrior) probably refers to Shiba Takeru. Kagemusha are warrior decoys and stand-ins for the real Shogun in ancient Japan. They are trained to take their lord's place in public appearances, staying at "dummy" houses where the lord is supposed to stay in order to fool the enemy spies and counter any assassination attempts. The true identity of the shogun is usually only known by his few closest and trusted ministers.

This was probably what the Ayakashi meant when he called Takeru a "liar" in episode 6.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Hypnotikk wrote: This was probably what the Ayakashi meant when he called Takeru a "liar" in episode 6.
I miss that guy. He killed more people on-screen than any other villian. And made it hilarious. Don't get me wrong, though, I like the idea of the new guy...er, harpy's flames that set other flames on fire. It makes so much sense. Almost as much sense as
Spoiler
the avenshinkenger baby being raised to fight off a demonic invasion on the off chance it happened, but simultaneously having the most powerful people at her disposal not privy to her existence. And then ignoring the demonic invasion for almost a solid year when it happened, even though she probably trained her whole life to master freaky sealing fire cages and crap.

...Unless...she slacked off the whole time, then the demons started pouring in, then they threw her in the good ol' trusty hyperbolic time chamber! Well, that explains everything. Glad I thought of it, else it'd seem silly.
droolboy
Sentai Senshi

Post by droolboy »

Over the last few weeks, I've been somewhat bored by a lack of much happening in the episodes as of late, but this plot twist has me excited about the final episodes of the series... can't wait to see how it all plays out! Though I don't want it to be incredibly predictable where we can pretty much guess what will happen from here on out.
Spoiler
Spoiler tagged just to be safe!:
This new development has me wondering about Takeru's memories of his father dying and passing the duty of being ShinkenRed to him. Was his father a decoy as well? Or were those memories fabricated to fool us? Hopefully that will be explained in upcoming episodes.

The episode 6 ayakashi's words of Takeru being "a liar in body and mind" now make complete sense. I remember seeing that scene and just thinking: "Huh? A liar? Why's that?" and just dismissed it as something that was supposed to be humorous at the time. Guess I was completely wrong! :lol: I wonder if there were any other instances that hinted at Takeru not being the true lord...
DrStrange26
Adventure
Favorite series: Bioman
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Jasmine Dekayellow
My boom: Sentai, Anime

Post by DrStrange26 »

This is an interesting developments for Shinkenger. Shiba head being a female is a good thing for Sentai. At least they are branching out a bit. As for Kaoru's retainer, he sound like one of the ayakashi talking especially when he says fall back towards the end. His voice sounded like an Ayakashi.

Marika "Jasmine" Reimon(DEKA YELLOW)
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

yomotsugari kinda looks like gina gershon. think about it. All this time we thought Takeru was the real thing turns out he's just the milli vanilli of shinkengers. HAHAHA

On another note this is the second female leader in Super Sentai history is it not?

Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

There was definately some foreshadowing going on throughout the series, now that this has been revealed. Things are finally starting to make sense throughout it all. And yes, this makes up for what I felt was a lull in the series through the middle half, no questions asked. (And, since I didn't get to answer it in the past thread, the reason I felt that Shinkenger had a lull in it was based on previous Sentais that I'd been able to watch *for me, those were Deka and Magi* and that, even with the character-focused episodes, that the plot still seemed to be moving forward even through those as well. As for Shinkenger, it just felt as if it had stalled out mid-way through. Of course, the last few episodes have more than made up for it though)

A few pieces of the puzzle are starting to make sense, like when Kotoha had to pretend she was of a higher station than Takeru (and he seemed to play his role quite well and willingly) and, like the others mentioned, the Ayakashi who said Takeru was a liar. Although, I'm not sure what to make of the 'new' ShinkenRed. Is she Takeru's sister, cousin...minor things like this make me both interested and questioning everything we've seen so far.

And, off-topic of ShinkenRed, am I the only one who amused when Shiitari got to 'happily' welcome back Tayuu? He seemed so amused at her return. And the Ayakashi of the week was really cool, IMHO. The karasu/tengu/raven/whathaveyou theme was very cool and I have to admit, I enjoy listening to female bad guys. (Considering the fact that Tayuu is probably my favorite 'bad guy' this season, it all kind of makes sense)
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Action-wise it was a weak episode. The giant battle was just there so they could say they had it.

The new year celebration was ok. I think they included it just to show how they were getting along before the big revelation.

Since Akumaro isn't therem Shitari became the man with the plan again. I missed that. Getting sad because he was alone wasn't a behaviur I would expect from a Gedou. The evil guys are really being fleshed out.

The plan this time was so good that I wonder why they didn't try it before. A bullet that made the fire mojikara inside takeru burn could have made the diference earlier on. And why didn't Shitari just finish him off when he was alone and incapable of fighting? The writers slipped there. They could have left Genta (or Chiaki) and Mako to take care of him and send the other three to fight the second life...

When I saw the female red in the preview, I thought she would be his mother, a sister or that it would be a flashback. I wasn't expecting that. So Takeru is just a replacement they found somewhere or is he really a Shiba, but not the head?

I never thought that the Ayakashi meant that when he called him a liar.

But that explains why Takeru is so reckless. He knows he is a disposable piece. This must also be why he didn't want the others to risk their lifes for him.

I think they started this plot to late. They still have Doukoku, Juuzou and Takeru's final duel, Dayuu's and Mako's duel and Shitari will probably fight. They have only four episodes to do that, and they might make it too rushed.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

*head explodes* Super special awesome plot twist! A female! *no sexism implied...actually, yes. A lot of it. But mainly based on Sentai stereotypes. Like lack of a female red* The original? ShinkenRed's voice is a lot higher than what I would expect. After listening to Takeru's deep voice all season, I'm kinda surprised at how high her voice is. I expected something more like Mako.
I lost The Game!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Holy Crap. What a twist. My first thought would that somehow the female red is a fake, but now it isn't looking like the case.

And whatever happens, I hope regular Jii smacks new Jii sideways. New Jii is an ass.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”