2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Re: Shinkenger 45 released

Post by AeonRanger »

hmmmm nope i prefer takeru as shinken red it's not the same as when that kauro does all the stuff she can't pull it off as takeru can. nice to see all the shinkengers are loyal to takeru though.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The episode was great and epic. But it showed kauro spoiled. She used the weapons and didn't give it a second thought. Takeru earned those weapons. She should of had some misgivings. Also, Why didn't Genta refuse the use of his origami. I sure would have. I can imagine our boy hero going "How dare you take control of my origami. That was gift for Take."
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

archer9234 wrote:Also, Why didn't Genta refuse the use of his origami. I sure would have. I can imagine our boy hero going "How dare you take control of my origami. That was gift for Take."
Ebi a gift for Takeru?? Since when.....

and again the Zen Gattai Disc is embedded with all 11 Origami's power. It would call it to her anyway regardless even if Genta didn't want her to use it. Plus mind you he doesn't really hate her, he hated Tanba for being a major disrespectful asswipe about him being a Sushi seller and not a true samurai.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Wow you guys discredit Genta a lot (Tho i now know why they've been emphasizing on genta not being a samurai so heavily for the past episodes)

If i were genta.. I would leave too.. I mean I'm helping you guys with all this and this idiot comes and suddenly expects me to bow my head? My loyalty lies with my friend; an even if he did ask me to fight at your side You're also showing me that i'm not welcomed. Hell I know I'd leave too and go care for my troubled friend firt. I'm sure genta will go back to shinken gold; just bigger personal problems. Plus.. didn't Kaoru show how little help she woudl need overall? Leaving my post when somebody 10 times as powerful comes should be ok.

Tho I have to admit I got a laugh when kaoru threw that... piece of wood she had at the new jii for being too noisy xD
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Everyone hates New Jii, it helps bring us all together in a mass hatred of him. I'd love to see Genta just completely own him. Electronic Mojikara to soak him or something would be hilarious. Even a big damn heroes moment from him and Takeru to save Kaoru would be awesome.

For those of you uncertain with that term, click the link and find out.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Hopefully we will get a battle royale with cheese at the end of the series...
ImageImage
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

HD is up
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

TrueZero wrote:Even a big damn heroes moment from him and Takeru to save Kaoru would be awesome.
You read TV Tropes? You win the internet.

Well, as everybody has said, yeah, it was quite a twist to find out that Takeru, our hardened leader that everybody's come to respect, is just a decoy. And I like how it was handled by everybody, including Takeru himself. Everybody (except maybe Tanba) recognizes that this is hard for Ryunosuke and co. to swallow, and that's why I like the bit where Takeru kneels down in front of Kaoru. He's symbolically saying, "I know you guys don't like this, but it's your responsibility to deal with it." And again, like everybody's said, Tanba was a real ass to Genta with his whole "We don't need you but we'll use all this stuff you helped make" attitude.

I'm going to theorize that the removal of ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold from Takeru and Genta's credits isn't so much to say they're not Shinkengers anymore, but just that they don't appear as (the voices of) ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold in this episode. I fully expect Takeru and Genta to work something out and return in the next episode or two with the two ShinkenReds working out their differences on the battlefield.

Anyway. I quite like Kaoru as ShinkenRed. The costume looks surprisingly good in the female version. Her voice doesn't carry like Takeru's, and when she talks she sounds rather monotone, but I like that she does portray a competent samurai in her own right, down to the little quirks of kicking Rekka Daizantou into position for a little added momentum. Her slow walk into the battlefield was very dramatic, and I was half expecting her to just let Ryuunosuke and co. do all the fighting so that by the time she got to where they were all the enemies would be gone, but that thankfully wasn't the case. She's clearly not been slacking off on her training while in hiding. Honestly, the only thing I didn't particularly like about her was that she wore pink hakama pants instead of yellow or blue, or if the costume designers absolutely had to make her stand out, black. But that's trivial. I look forward to seeing how she's fleshed out as a character over the last few episodes and how they deal with the whole Genta-Takeru issue.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Comic 391

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”