Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Re: Shinkenger 45 released

Post by leron9999 »

A bit of a heavy episode there. It's a great twist though. That tanba guy is a bit of a jerkass. I don't like him haha. Now I also want to know Takeru's real family name.
The princess is alright, but she sounds so bored all the time. She's kinda cute though. Kinda. Ok not really. And how can they form Samurai Ha-Oh without Genta? I mean, doesn't he own the crab and squid origamis?
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Twilight_Bard wrote:Genta used his 'I'm not a samurai' thing more as a demonstration of why he didn't have to simply accept what had happened as easily as the Shinkengers were forced to.
They could have run away too. Sticking to their samurai duty was their choice.
Tuss4 wrote:If Takeru is not there, why should Genta be. Also M4rc0 you are forgetting about the inromaru that Genta helped to build. Not to mention, oh I dunno, ALL THE ORIGAMI HE BUILT? Let's not forget that Genta was the one who built most of the super gattai discs.
Why he should be there? I don't know, maybe because innocent people are in danger and he can help them?

I know that he wanted to become a samurai to be with his friend, but he was thinking only in himself (I won't fight if takeru isn't there) when he decided to leave, and that is what being an egoist means.

Chiaki didn't give a damn about being a samurai, he just wanted to surpass Takeru. Mako didn't care much about it either. Ryuu had to abandon his dreams to become a Shinkenger. Kotoha loves Takeru. They didn't like that also and are all depressed. But they all went there and fought because the innocent people have nothing to do with their problems.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think they all care about being a samurai in some way. Free choice is kind of the opposite of what duty and obligation mean. Ryuunosuke hit the nail on the spot when he said that it was their duty to follow Kaoru

I don't think Genta necessarily quit being ShinkenGold. It's just his first duty is to take care of his friend Takeru
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

leron9999 wrote:A bit of a heavy episode there. It's a great twist though. That tanba guy is a bit of a jerkass. I don't like him haha. Now I also want to know Takeru's real family name.
The princess is alright, but she sounds so bored all the time. She's kinda cute though. Kinda. Ok not really. And how can they form Samurai Ha-Oh without Genta? I mean, doesn't he own the crab and squid origamis?
Lobster/Ebi is not a crab mate. And since Kaoru had the Zen Samurai disc, it just calls Ebi and Ika to her automatically not requiring their seperate discs.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:
leron9999 wrote:A bit of a heavy episode there. It's a great twist though. That tanba guy is a bit of a jerkass. I don't like him haha. Now I also want to know Takeru's real family name.
Lobster/Ebi is not a crab mate. And since Kaoru had the Zen Samurai disc, it just calls Ebi and Ika to her automatically not requiring their seperate discs.
How did Kaoru know the names of samurai ha oh if rynnosuke made it up and ika nd ebizou live in genta's cart
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:
Oh right. I got confused with Ebi being a crab haha. Yeah I guess the Zen samurai gattai disc makes sense.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

prsentai wrote: How did Kaoru know the names of samurai ha oh if rynnosuke made it up and ika nd ebizou live in genta's cart
Since from the way Tanba speaks.....they knew of Genta already....so if they knew about him, they had to know about the other various things since something as big as new gattai's etc are important. Hell Tanba even commented on the Inrou finally being completed, and the Ushi Origami's origins.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

For one thing, Iba wasn't created by Genta. He had its disc for a long time to figure out how it worked. Genta didn't really do anything to control Ushi Origami but only figure out how to do Zen Samurai Gattai.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:And i really lol'd when Daigoyou came in and shot random disc's everywhere and tried to hit Tanba. Especially when Genta was like "hit the bossy guy overthere".
Same here buddy, same here.

In all honesty, I was trying to spot a change to the visuals in the opening more than the credits, so I didn't notice the change to Takeru and Genta until I came on the forum. Pretty interesting I'd say, only 5 episodes left and they still edit the opening to match the events in the story.

I dare say I'll be going back to watch the rest of the series, see just how many clues to the Kagemusha twist I can spot. I have to say, a good twist, definately changed the tone of the series, and I can't wait to see how things turn out. Maybe what people have been saying will be true and Takeru has Lightning as his true element and simply learned how to use Fire Mojikara. That just leaves me thinking what his Origami would be, Tora? Kabuto? Heck, even passing him the Ushi would be cool see a non-ShinkenRed piloting it.

Another month and that's my first sentai finished. I can't believe it.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I can't believe there were so many hints during the series and we all only link them together now, pretty good job I must say. Very good episode, Tanba is a total ass! I seriously want to hit him! Kaoru is allright, she doesn't look like a bad person and I think she kind off understands why the others don't want to work with her.

Like the others said, it would be pretty cool if Takeru comes back in another Shinkenger fom but I don't think that will happen, but hey, it's Toku so anything can happen.

Can't wait for the next one, and I definetly can't wait for the vs. movie!
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

Seeing that Takeru sees himself as nothing as he gets ready for this duel with Juuzo, I'm expecting a pretty epic battle here. It's like Gekiranger's
Spoiler
duel of Jan vs. Rio
except with swords.
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

takenoko wrote:I think they all care about being a samurai in some way. Free choice is kind of the opposite of what duty and obligation mean. Ryuunosuke hit the nail on the spot when he said that it was their duty to follow Kaoru

I don't think Genta necessarily quit being ShinkenGold. It's just his first duty is to take care of his friend Takeru
You can ignore your duties. And its not like there is someone pointing a gun at their heads and saying: do it or die.

Ok, they would stop being samurai and would have problem with their families, but they still had the choice. It was only harder than Genta's.

And I think they went was Takeru asking them. Seeing the proud Takeru bowing like that... They had their duty, but they were too hesitant until he did that. They would eventually accept that Kaoru is the lord, but I think he helped a lot with that.

And I didn't feel like Genta went just after his friend, but remained at the shinkenger's disposition. It felt to me that he stormed out in anger because of the situation and then went to see his friend, that was what he could do then. It was like: "promisse is with Takeru. You're not him, bye" instead of "Takeru needs me now, I'll help him and meet you guys later to fight".

Of course, he'll become Gold again and probably with Kaoru as the lord, but in this episode
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You can ignore your duties.
This isn't a philosophical debate about free will. Of course you can, but you're not supposed to. That's not how duty is supposed to work. These are people who gave up their families and previous lifestyles for a cause. They're not just going to abandon their roles just because Takeru is their friend
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Really, the core of all of it really is, their duty, the reason they've become vassals under Takeru, was to fight Genoushu and protect the world as samurais... And then after so many hardships, after enduring near death to protect each other and the world, all growing thanks to the time they spent together and because of Takeru as a kind of goal post for most of them... And then they're told 'Oh, he was just a place holder... We're still doing what you did before, but in a way we're under new management.'

Course, it doesn't help that Kaoru's handler is a dick and expects everyone to treat her with even more respect than they gave Takeru after months of battles along side Takeru... And then, the guy they see as a fearless leader, who lead them to victory so many times... He suddenly has a moral crisis because he didn't tell people who trusted him the secret plan... yea, that would shake everyone's nerves, of course they'd start questioning what they've been doing or will do... Cause of course, they still need to fight to save the world... Yea, just a little conflicting of feelings.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

It was a really sad moment when Takeru begged for them to continue fighting, he looked so sad :(

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”