Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Shinkenger 45 releasd

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

PHurricane wrote:More importantly, for me, I thought the acting was some of the best we've had all season. Watching the team react to the news was painful
I remember reading before this ep. came out that only Takeru's actor and the writers knew about the twist.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Shinkenger 45 released

Post by Kogashi »

...That, I believe, is how you get got responses from actors, to not let them know more than their characters do.

I think it's very clear, the Tanba, is hated by everyone, including out new Red-chan. Though, despite her skills and all... I'm just not that thrilled about her simply from the fact that she doesn't prepare her own sword... Some reason that really bugs me, it doesn't make me think 'Oh, she's so high up/important' or anything like that, just makes me think 'Ah, she's too used to having servants.' Even the way she went into battle, she walked fairly slowly and fought separate from the rest of the team... hmmm... they did a good job to make this new leader bug me I guess...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Twilight_Bard
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by Twilight_Bard »

Somehow, I get the feeling that the sword drawing is one of those things she simply puts up with. I mean, Tanba and most likely many others have treated her as a princess and it's quite possible that she accepts some things as 'have to deal with this or put up with more lectures, meh, I'll just deal with it.' Her use of the Inroumaru and Samurai Ha-oh also had the feel of 'let's get used to these before I'm put in a position of having to use them.'

I question the timing of all of this more then anything, although I sorta am getting a bit more comfortable as they explained why she showed up, since, well, according to the plan she wasn't supposed to.
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

I don't like Tanba. He's a grade A meanie. Judging from Kaoru constant telling him to shut up, he lacks respect to anyone "below" him. I hope Jii knocks him down a few pegs. I mean Genta created his own changer and origami!! You can't get any better than that!

As for Kaoru, since she didn't say much, I can't get the feel of her character expect that shell get the job done.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

I kinda see a bit of Takeru in Kaoru, like in face wise and kind of air he had at the beginning. But her voice doesn't carry the same air that Takeru's does. Tanba is an ass. Jii at least was a mentoring ass in the beginning. Then he grew more and was likable. I see little redemption for Tanba. How are they summoning Ika origami and Ebi origami without Genta? As a side note, I like the viciousness of the fighting now, and how you can see how the suit actors are displaying the hardness of the revelation on them. I also like the kicking of the Rekka Daizantou and how the Super Shinkenger dress works now. Overall, good episode. I love this development and the inner struggles of the characters. I see a Sasuke side of Takeru forming, real quickly. Gives me tingles.
I lost The Game!
Twilight_Bard
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by Twilight_Bard »

Anime_freek22 wrote:How are they summoning Ika origami and Ebi origami without Genta?
The Zen and Shin Samurai Gattai discs seem to auto-summon the origami that are needed for those combinations, even if the respective Shinkenger isn't anywhere nearby to summon their individuals.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

Kogashi wrote: I think it's very clear, the Tanba, is hated by everyone, including out new Red-chan. Though, despite her skills and all... I'm just not that thrilled about her simply from the fact that she doesn't prepare her own sword... Some reason that really bugs me, it doesn't make me think 'Oh, she's so high up/important' or anything like that, just makes me think 'Ah, she's too used to having servants.' Even the way she went into battle, she walked fairly slowly and fought separate from the rest of the team... hmmm... they did a good job to make this new leader bug me I guess...
It doesn't seem that weird to me. After all the generals wouldn't go out to battle first. The retainers are there to serve the lord.

Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

A very powerful episode right there. There were a lot of anger and a bit of sadness with the team after hearing Takeru is not the real lord. He kept the whole secret from them for a long time and the writers were able to put out all stops to release this amazing drama. Tanba is asshole by the dozen since demeaning the team like that. Chiaki felt the worst since he wants to surpass Takeru in skill and Kotoha actually loves Takeru.

Only four more to go man I wish Go-Onger had awesome end stories like this.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

To me, this episode is what transforms an above average show into a really excellent show. Realizing all the backstory they've put into this, subtle character quirks, and managing to keep it entirely secret until now (*cough*Phillip*cough*) just gives the shot that much more depth. Probably everyone who watches the show gave out a gigantic WTF when they found out, and to me, being able to keep it secret for so long makes the impact much more powerful.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow the team really got hit hard with this one all those months fighting with Takeru thinking that he was a lord and then to get thrown a major curve ball & asked to except it as fact. In the old series they used to just kill off a team member but what their doing in this episodes seems alot more harsh.

I wonder if the previous member's actually knew about the Kagemusha? If they did that's one hell of a secret to be keeping especially from your own kids.

It was interesting watching Kaoru transform cause to me it seemed like the angle they showed it at made the suit actually look a little big on her, couple that with the way she was fighting it shows shows how different she is from a team that's basically become a well oiled machine.

It'll be interesting to see where thing proceed from this point forward I really hope Kaoru doesn't step aside.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Re: Shinkenger 45 releasd

Post by garfield15 »

PHurricane wrote:This easily ranks as one of my favorite episodes of the season. Huge plot payoffs. It wasn't until I stopped and really thought about it that I realized how many of the mini-arcs were directly or indirectly influenced by this secret - Takeru's reluctance to initially involve the others, his trouble using Shiba techniques without putting in a lot of effort (like Kabuto origami), his anger whenever the others got hurt because of his decisions, his comments that his life didn't matter, his plea to have one unfettered battle with Juuzou, and especially the "twisted" label (which I forgot about until Juuzou brought it up again). I'm sure there are more that I forgot to mention, because it's been such a subtle influence on the entire show once you know to look for it.
Nice thoughts. Didn't even realize it myself until you mentioned it.

-I think it's so great that Takeru's dad and Kaoru's dad are previous toku actors. (MegaBlue's hair looks funny)

-Emotions run high this week as we are struck with the revelation of Takeru not even being a lord...or possibly not even a Shiba. Just some random kid who had a high level of mojikara. Even during the filler portions of this show, I always held Shinkenger in high regard and enjoyed it every week. But now, knowing that subtle hints and small reveals had been dropped along the way, all leading up to this moment, well that's just a monumental feat all on its own.

-New Jii is a total jerk (especially with what he said to Genta) but his actor is very good at being a jerk.

-I wonder if Takeru is starting to lose it a little. Broken physically and mentally really doesn't seem to be helping his self-esteem any. That little twitch of a smile (nice camerawork there btw) just gave me the hint that he's just running on straight-up suicidal adrenaline. Loved that last line of "Better than being nothing."

-I just want to end with just one thing. I am incredibly happy with the way the plot has turned and that's why I'm a little worried. I mean, we've got only four episodes left and we've still got to settle Takeru vs. Juuzo, Shitari since he's gotta fight, Mako vs. Tayuu and of course Dokoku (which'll probably be two episodes all it's own) not to mention the drama going on right now with the Shinkengers themselves. Maybe if they go full blast action right from the get go of episode 46 and don't stop until the finale, It'll turn out great but i'm worried about how this'll end. But hey, we've gotten this far

(Waits for last episode to reveal Takeru getting sliced and the final battle to really take place in a movie)
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

It almost seemed like Takeru was going to fall to gedou or something. Did anyone else get that vibe?

jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Go, Mega! Transform, Mega! Say temporary goodbye to the red guy....

Shinkenfemalelead or no, is anyone else starting to suspect that they aren't going to physically report to the emperor? I mean, wow, it's like they've just been lying in the credits this whole time about that "authorized by the providence" thing...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Tuss4 wrote:It almost seemed like Takeru was going to fall to gedou or something. Did anyone else get that vibe?
Oh become the leader for the Sentai Hell Brothers XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Wild Goose
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Wild Goose »

Definately plot and drama heavy, and an episode that also shows how character-driven Shinkenger is.

The scene with team having difficulty to accept Kaoru as the leader managed to show a lot of things at once: duty, loyalty, team spirit... everyone really performed well this episode. You can see in their body language how they came together as a team and how they're hostile to Kaoru - with Chiaki sitting normally and slouching instead of seiza. Note also how the samurai only fought under Kaoru because Takeru asked them to.

Chiaki's cry of grief and loss was particularly heart rending.

Also, Kaoru is a girl of few words. I get the feel that she's uncomfortable about all this and trying to make the best of things, and isn't sure what to say so she's shutting the hell up. Also, the fight sequence showcased how different Takeru and Kaoru are, and yet how alike they are - both of them fighting alone and apart, but the difference is that over the last 44 episodes Takeru had his nakama with him, and now they've got to relearn their teamwork all over again. In fact, you can see how the team goes off first, fighting without Kaoru - they don't know her and don't know how to fight with her, and to an extent they don't trust her in combat the way they trust Kaoru.

And Kotoha said it best. "Tono-sama is Tono-sama." And Chiaki summed up everyone's feelings perfectly: "I fight with Takeru only!"

That said, 5 more episodes to go, and Juzo and Takeru have their final showdown. It looks like it's going to be epic.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”