Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger 46 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Takeru fights Juuzou to the death. Will Jii be able to save him from destroy himself and save his soul from falling to Gedou?

Spoiler
The difference between Hikoma and Tanba is that Hikoma cares about what happens to the others and tends to be more of a father towards them while Tanba cares about the mission and Kaoru and nothing else. The other Shinkengers are just a means to an end to completing the mission and protecting Kaoru. He doesn't care if their emotional states aren't right as along their bodies are okay. It really shows that Hikoma was willing to die for Takeru even though he's not truly his lord.

I agreed with Hikoma that the bond that Takeru spent with the others isn't a lie at all. Regardless if he was a lord or not, that bond is something that could never be fake at all. Even the other Shinkengers realize that and decided to go after Takeru except for Ryuu who is divided between loyalty to Takeru and his overall duty as a samurai.

Shitori is even stepping up to the plate with giving up half his life to give a third life to the Ayakashi of the week. I wonder if by doing this that Shitori won't be involved in a giant battle if he dies by the Shinkengers.

I also noticed that Takeru didn't say Ippitsu Soujou after he transformed into ShinkenRed. So I'm guessing that this fight isn't authorized by Providence.

Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Shinkenger 46 released

Post by Squall »

I really loved the horse fight scenes.
Only Shinkenger could pull that off.

I also noted the ' Ippitsu Soujou ' part at the end.
Great episode!

Only three left. O.O
Noooooo!

Thanks TvN for all your good work with this series!
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Where as Tanba only see's the Vassals as tool's to be used to further the mission of exterminating the Gedou and should mindlessly obey Kaoru (and by proxy, himself) without question.....Hikoma see's them a Family and values them as individual's with a common cause.

I don't blame them for not really wanting to follow Kaoru. after all they have been with Takeru for so long they have formed a strong bond....to suddenly throw that all away and to be expected to do the same with a total stranger is not going to work.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Wow, the ED song sure looked better than usual today. :wink:
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

I enjoyed Genta's epic discount signage henshin.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Hmm... I may be talking out of my ass... But I think Takeru's dad, might have been ShinkenBlue... Or at least that's who gave him the Shishi Origami judging from the how of his death matching up... Again, that could be me being crazy.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Was funny how Kaoru told the Kuroko to gag Tanba lol, shame the gag will come off.

Least she honors Takeru's work, cause she noted without him she wouldn't have obtained the sealing character. So it shows she's definitely not an ass.

Damn epic horse battle ftw, i like the ending montage with the lion and the skull painting as they were about to clash. Takeru's henshin was also awesome this time around too since his kanji also attacked Juuzo XD.

Also noticed the added some nicer things too, like the brackets for the henshin sequence with Ryuunosuke tachi. and the new background when Kaoru did Gedou Fukumetsu.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Oh my god...this is sickeningly awesome...The swordplay and the fight...Tanba still pisses me off. I feel he should get hit more. What a douche. But I do like the gag that they place on him. It's like it was made for him, with the Shiba Clan symbol on there. I really like this series. It's great, especially the story. I'm gonna be sad when it ends. Kotoha's innocence just breaks me. It's so sad to watch her like this....I sound creepy. But this was still a sick ep. I love how devoted Jii is, it's so moving.
I lost The Game!
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

For me, the timing of the joke to gag Tanba felt off. It felt like a foregone conclusion because Kaoru is always throwing a fan at him.

The way Shitari infused the Ayakashi with power was a little gross but we did see that Shitari has a beak-like mouth like a real squid. Was the Ayakashi's name mentioned? An oversight like that would be strange.

I'm glad Genta was able to inject a little comic relief by transforming with a bunch of stuff stuck to him.

The weird window into the cockpit during the mecha battle reminds me of fighting games, especially Mortal Kombat.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

At 6:53, the Ayakashi's name is Oborojime.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Man 3 more to go of this epic Sentai series. Goseiger better learn to keep up the trend of epic fights and mayhem.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Definately one of the best episodes of the series. Loved the fight between Takeru and Juuzo, seeing the third life will take a while to forget. I was wondering "What if one had a third life?" and I was simply expecting a mutated version of them (Think what happened to that MoTW from the Inroumaru introduction). Not a full blown new look like that.

Gotta say. I'm taking a liking to Kaoru. She actually honors Takeru's efforts, unlike a certain ass we all love to hate. Gagging Tanba was one of the high points of this episode, purely because he finally shuts up. I seriously want to punch that guy square in the teeth.

And Arigomi, I think I missed the window bit you mentioned, what time was it in the video? I'll have to take another look at it.
Last edited by TrueZero on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

TrueZero wrote:And Arigomi, I think I missed the window bit you mentioned, what time was it in the video? I'll have to take another look at it.
The first one is at 15:40 SD.
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

The windows tend to flash on and off really quickly so if you aren't quick of eye or finger, you're going to miss seeing them or only see one, maybe two. I loved seeing the scene with Tanba (gagged lmao!), also the scene with Takeru and Hikoma does lend credence to the
Spoiler
'Hikoma is Takeru's father'
idea.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

I was completely floored by this episode.

Takeru seems like he's falling to Gedou, everyone else doesn't quite have the bonds with the 'New Lord'. I'm heartbroken over Kotoha's thoughts and her love of Takeru thinking it might be a lie. Mako blaming herself. Ryuunosuke is caught between duty and loyalty. Chiaki... I can't seem to put it down, but the emotions in this episode is hard to watch. I really don't know how they can keep topping the emotions of this show over and over.

As for Tanba... I hope that gag NEVER comes off until the end of the series... better yet... its STILL on all the way until the Next 'vs' Movie....

The only thing I hated was when as they are all getting emotional and the stupid alert goes off and breaks that mood. Especially when it isn't completely resolved.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”