Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by Phoenix512 »

With the sealing character useless now, Takeru and his retainers fight Doukoku in an epic battle.

Do not talk about the series as a whole in this thread. Just talk about the episode here. There's a series discussion thread to talk about the series as a whole.

Spoiler
I like the final episode with the Doukoku battles. The dual wielding Rekkas was pretty sweet and with Ryuu using the Shiba clan disc was a bit interesting. Who knew that a water user can use a fire disc. The uniformless roll call was pretty cool but helmetless would be even more awesome. Even Tanba helps out with the Double disc and Jii just kicking ass with his halberd. I like how the battle was pretty much won by brute force. There were barely any special tricks to it and the giant battle with Shinken-Oh dealing the final blow was great. So in the end, everyone goes their separate ways while Jii tries to get Takeru to do some other stuff besides being a samurai. Tanba trying to get Kaoru in an arranged marriage was funny with her hitting him afterwards.

I wish that we get to know what Takeru's former family name was and Shitari not being a part of the final battle is a bit pathetic. He should at least get a death scene as well.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by Lunagel »

I'm going to go off and mope in a corner that this amazing series is over.

Spoiler
The ending battle was pretty much as to be expected, with your typical unhenshined fight and mecha going back down to the bare basics. Think it's been a while since the team was completely unhenshined as opposed to just not having helmets, which was interesting.

What really struck me was the epilogue. Everyone going their separate ways and leaving Takeru in the mansion struck me as bittersweet and really left me wanting more. Real tears in my eyes at that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There were a few surprises during the battle. Like the disc failing and (ahahaha) Doukoku walking away, leaving them alive

Jii coming in with his spearlike weapon was badass. And even Tanba was kind of likable. It's like, wait, you're useful?! Kind of wish they explained his special Mojikara though

Why did Blue use the Shiba disc? It's like the show is saying Takeru didn't matter at all for those purposes

Kind of wish there were more of an epilogue, but I guess that's what the DVD in June is for. Felt a bit like a non-ending
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wow, this must be rare endings where everyone's separated. I felt kinda sad seeing Takeru alone in the mansion.
takenoko wrote:Jii coming in with his spearlike weapon was badass.
Agreed. Would have been cooler if he also used the sword that he had, but hey, spear's good too.

It's funny how the double Rekka Daizantou looked obviously CG'd. I guess it would have killed the suit actor to swing two of those huge plastic swords around.

Now for the DVD in June...
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

I thought the final battles were kinda interesting.
Round 1: Doukoku gets stabbed but nothing happens.
Round 2: a combined binding seal, Rekka Double Daizantou, Doukoku gets stabbed and loses his first life
Round 3: Mecha vs giant Doukoku. Mecha gets leveled down twice, leaving with what looks to be akin to a suicide-esque attack with ShinkenOh getting stabbed and laying the finishing blow on Doukoku.

I wonder what happened to all of the origami. Did they all die or something?

Jii's comment at the end about how spacious the mansion felt really hit me too. Throughout the episodes, we've seen everyone milling about the mansion, but now, with everyone gone...

Now, I wonder what's Takeru going to do...

-Draiken Talkos
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmm... Well, this was a pretty good episode it just, doesn't feel like a final episode... I know it completed everything that needed to but it just feels, not really complete... that's just me though... Still, it was a fun series.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Even though ending was bittersweet, one thing I liked was that Takeru was actually smiling at the end. Such a content feeling.

Love the suitless roll call as usual.

I liked how mecha would just walk toward Doukoku while receiving all those blows. Kinda like what you would see in anime or whatever. Looking at mecha's back is a bit weird with blade sticking out, also kinda neat.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
Dreamy: Hana

Post by Squall »

I really hope the June DVD is a better ending than this.
This one just seemed forced and abrupt.
I also agree with Shitari just going down was a little lame. I wanted him to blow!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

takenoko wrote: Why did Blue use the Shiba disc?
Who better than Dragonman to have magical fire powers? Besides, Thesamebutfakebutthenrealredman had to work his Groo logic - with two giant swords, he'd kill his enemy twice as fast! So he became the ultimate paragon of manhood for thirty seconds. And it was cool. It was really cool. And besides the emperor never showing up, I can't say I was disappointed by the ending. Or the show. I can't see how anyone could be. Unless they wanted Shinkenbrown to show up again, in which case their disappointment is perfectly justified. In hindsight, I am disappointed with this ending. Damn.

Farewell dance!

...(as for the origami, they were sent upstream. To laugh and dance and play with the other origami. Except for the ones that will inevitably eat each other.)
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Draiken wrote: I wonder what happened to all of the origami. Did they all die or something?
They became cards.

>A very nice ending to this series.

>I was also wondering why did Doukoku why did he leave the hurt heroes there.

>I like the Mojikara binding effects too here, however the effect could had been better. Like, the Water Moji could become whirlpool wall, Earth Moji opens ground, Wood grow branches which wraps around and Heaven Moji that presses Doukoku down.

>Shouldn't be Steam come out from ShinkenBlue's shinkenmaru instead of fire when he used the fire disc?

>I like Ryuu's dance also. Pretty sad that everyone went their own paths afterward. I'm looking forward to that coming Special Act.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Shitari had what, one battle the whole series if I can recall and he runs away? Hopefully his survival is used as a plot point for the DVD that is coming out this year.

Suitless rollcall was cool. It fit the series better. Go-Onger had, like a scene every episode where someone didn't have a helmet, so helmet less roll call worked better. Geki didn't even have one IIRC. Suitless Mecha piloting was even better, although I wonder why the skipped DaiKai Shinken-Oh.

One thing I noticed was that Chiaki didn't do his usual pose where he rubs the blade between his fingers. Did he do this other alternate pose at any other time throughout the series at all?
kajiRider
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider, Sentai

Post by kajiRider »

Thank you guys for subbing this series from start to... well it hasnt finished yet huh? we still have the team-up, the movie, and the ova to go. XD
junkergt
7X
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: 01
Favorite Band: The Brillant Green
My boom: S.I.C

Post by junkergt »

awesome series seriously, it really brought the sentai to one notch higher.

the systematic killing of those minions when they recovered from hikoma's screaming was very neat.

btw hikoma is using a spear rather than a halberd, a halberd has that cresent shaped blade with it...lol

oh and the fire disc? i think it is more like a one off stored power of the princess, so techincally anyone can use it, dun have to be takeru to be using it as the fire disc is just pure shiba fire mojikara.
My Brute
Guns are used for Subtraction
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

The actors seemed to be pretty good at their role calls.
Best of the Sentai I've seen(which, admittedly, isn't a lot.)

Genta's seems like it would be the hardest.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Draiken wrote:leaving with what looks to be akin to a suicide-esque attack with ShinkenOh getting stabbed and laying the finishing blow on Doukoku.
Takeru likes to do those quite a bit, it seems. Leaving himself open to an almost fatal blow to deal his own fatal blow to the enemy.
ImageImage

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”