Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by Zazelle »

I absolutely loved the unhenshined Roll Call.

The final battle was so amazing, it was even better than Geki's one (sadly, Disney totally ruined that scene in Jungle Fury, I was so dissapointed) Congrats Shinkenger, you've managed to beat my favourite sentai, Gekirangers!

Everyone going there separate ways was cool and that means we'll see them again. I'm really hoping Goseiger will be as awesome as Shinkenger!

And finally, I totally loved the ED Splash, too bad Genta wasn't there. Any possibilities I can get it without the text and stuff? Since it's Lunagel who created it:

*Begs* Oneigaishimasu! *Bows down extremely low* You would totally make my day if I could get that one! :D
whirlingstorm06 wrote: shitari surviving makes me feel that he's coming back in the vs. betwee gosei and shinken. and by then, the writers should kill him properly. along with long (geki) in the 35th anniv.
It was already stated in both Geki and Geki vs. Go-Onger that Long was immortal and the only true way to get rid of them, like Rio said, was giving it to him and Mele so that he could stay in the Spirit World. So we'll never gonna see Long again. (Which in my opinion, was one of the best villains)
SuperRicko
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin Belts

Post by SuperRicko »

^^ Amen, Zazelle! I ALWAYS look forward to their unhenshined roll calls. Ever since Boukenger, which is the series I started with, these are the moments I wait for every season.

Even the part at the end of the show when they "pass the torch" to the next sentai, it never fails to look so amazing.

The battle was great... Their battle formation was well-done, the dual Rekka was executed well, the transition from Samurai Hao to just Shinken-Oh was epic. I was half-expecting that the Shishi Origami be left behind to deliver the final blow.

Also, the ending splash was a good piece.

Arigatou Gozaimasu to everyone who contributed to this series! Keep up the consistent great work! And also, good luck to the ones handling Goseiger, I'm looking forward to another fun sentai series.
You only get 3 choices in life... BE Good. GET Good. GIVE Up.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Deka_Hero wrote:And Genta going to France.....i wonder if he will bump into Tendou over there?
tendou's gonna out sushi him
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Goty
Adventure
Favorite series: Faiz/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Jetman

Post by Goty »

I believe Shitari will come back for that Special Act, but still, his survival connects back to the first episode: he was living alone close to the Sanzu River when Doukoku was reborn. Doukoku wasn't exactly happy to see him again...he's just a coward who hides away when shit hits the fan.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Ah....end of a great sentai season. :cry:

I really liked the finale. The fight scenes were good, not too much fuss. Just plain old fighting. The farewells were nice too. Nothing seemed cut off abruptly.
Looking forward to the teamup movies and DVD.

Thank you Tv-Nihon for bringing us yet another season of exceptional quality subs! :)
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
nickgt2
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by nickgt2 »

I totally agree as well! This episode was so well-planned and executed! The ending definitely made the series stand out way more than all of the past seasons of sentai! Oh well, I guess it's time to wait and see what Goseiger will be like.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone send me the link to the photo at the end of the episode?!?!!? I really like that photo and want to make it my wallpaper! Is there someone out there with the original photo that I can get (without the add-on labeling)? PLEASE! Thank you!!!
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

PM Lunagel for that! I got mine just today, just ask for it.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

hey i just realised something about this episode they played the full intro sequence when usually on a final episode they just do the title screen and that's it.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

>hey i just realised something about this episode they played the full intro sequence when usually on a final episode they just do the title screen and that's it.

Err they been playing the OP's like normal in the last episodes for the past 6 years now so why revert back? The only thing that Shinkenger did out of the norm was have no ending theme being played (which i guess they are saving for the Special Act).
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

^Truth be told, I really liked that they didn't play the ending theme cuz I felt like it was kind of a mood breaker lol.
Wolf-man
7X

Post by Wolf-man »

This was a great episode. This was the first Sentai series I watched and the first I finished. The finale of this was excellent with an epic battle and a heartfelt goodbye. I loved the final confrontation between the Shinkengers and Dokkoku it was a great battle and was very satisfying. The goodbyes of the Shinkengers were really great and gave you a sense of closure. The only complaint I had was about Shitari's role in the finale. It was really weird and was a little confusing if he actually died or not. It was still awesome, though. All in all a great ending to a great series. Now onto Goseiger!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Comic 395

Post by takenoko »

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

With W's end around the corner I was feeling pretty nostalgic, so I went back and rewatched the finale to another great toku production from the 2009-2010 season. I never fixed up the notes I wrote back when it aired because, while I think it's a good ending to the series, the last moments had me walking away feeling somewhat depressed. The battle was won and there were no serious injuries to speak of, but everyone leaving (and literally fading away) to such soft music was pretty somber. And I admit it would have ruined the mood they set, but I missed hearing the ending theme one final time (although Jii's guitar made a cameo).

But that's the ending. The first thing that got a raised eyebrow from me was the fact that Kaoru got her ShinkenRed credit knocked out. It's not important, but I did have fun wondering whether that was a real life contractual issue or a plot side effect since Takeru is officially the newest Shiba head in this episode.

Doukoku walking away while the team was still licking their wounds didn't make any sense upon first watch. I was glad that he eventually revealed a dastardly reason, even if it was a stupid excuse in hindsight.

I love that "Straight Path to Bushido" BGM. Jii running up and spurring everyone back to their feet was just the icing on the cake once it started playing. I also love statements that are ironic when taken from the audience's POV, such as Ryuunosuke's "we've worked all year for this" comment.

The roll call was one of the best from the entire series. It's become tradition for the last episode introductions to be done in civilian form, but I thought it was particularly meaningful for this team because it was one more way of showing that these characters are samurai all the time. They don't need a special suit or powers...just a sword and the skills they've honed (for some, their whole lives). Also, there's usually one or two cast members that you can tell aren't fully comfortable doing the pose the suit actors do, but I think using the swords all year helped everyone execute the movements fluidly.

Blue getting the final strike on Doukoku's first life was a pleasant surprise. I don't think it cheapened Takeru's role any - it showed that the team was willing to adopt unconventional tactics to achieve their goal of protecting the world, which was the lesson that Takeru emphasized way back in episode 2.

The way the cockpit kept getting more and more trashed during the battle was pretty awesome. Excellent decision on the director or set designer's part.

Those were some ominous final words from Doukoku. I wonder if that's what they plan to build on for the plot of the VS movie. Well, that and the fact that Shitari survived. I wasn't expecting that, but it's kind of nice that he did. Another thing I wouldn't have predicted was that the Michelin reference would have ended up a running gag for Genta.

Overall, it was a solid ending to a very enjoyable series. Boukenger still has a special place in my heart because it was the first sentai I finished, but Shinkenger ranks just as high for me. I'll be looking forward to seeing what the writers have happen to everyone after they embark on their individual journeys.
Kaheraji
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kaheraji »

Man, this has got to be the saddest happy ending I've ever seen.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”