Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Re: Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by TrueZero »

I can see Shitari will either be taken out in the Special Act that has yet to be released, or in Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
kajiRider
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider, Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by kajiRider »

takenoko wrote:Sorry, I deleted my post when I rewatched the video and realized it was green and not blue. I can repost my picture if you want. Really, the Holland flag makes more sense as a joke

Edit:
Here's the picture I had up before realizing the flag colour was green. As you can see, I thought the joke was the France flag was sideways:
[ Image ]
I posted a motivator a few hours earlier but i deleted it because i thought it might be wrong since it was so late so i was pretty much half asleep back then. lol even the pic you have is wrong that`s orange white and blue. the Dutch flag is red white and blue and rather dark red i might add.
That flag you have there looks more like the South African flag or one of those old VOC flags that sometimes varied in colour

also i think Genta`s hat bears the Mexican flag.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's not orange, it's just the image is small and the color isn't normalized. It's obviously red anyway, don't know why you're being so nitpicky about something so arbitrary
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

Fidchell wrote: PS: For the guy who referenced oogy from Nightmare before Christmas.. I want my cookie!
Err, wrong answer, dude. Try thinking back about 10 years or so prior to that movie.

I'll give you a hint; Doukoku got no such pleasure from the Shinkengers.
ViRGE wrote:I hate to do this to you Azazel, but the HD encode is bugged once more. 21:35 at the scene change, the IVTC goes bad until the episode ends and it cuts to the Goseiger promo.
I checked the HD ep, and I didn't see anything wrong at that part. What were you using to play it?

(BTW, I was using Media Player Classic with the K-Lite Codec Pack)

Just a few last-minute notes:

*To everyone wondering how Ryuunosuke could use fire Mojikara; don't forget that Ryuunosuke's family has served the Shiba clan for generations. They were bound to pick up a few things along the way.

*Seeing Kotoha on the verge of tears before she left made me wonder if she really was in love with Takeru. My guess is that she'll leave to train on her own, then come back and declare her love for Takeru.

(God, the ChiakiXKotoha shippers are gonna have my head on a spit now.....)

*I noticed the deal with the Holland flag too, but I won't let it bother me. It just proves that even the best fansubbers aren't perfect. Besides, it was one TINY mistake. I doubt it'll even matter.

*Thinking back on it, I doubt Takeru would bother taking up cooking, English, or karaoke. But with his solemn nature, I could TOTALLY see him doing classic guitar.

*Does anyone have a textless jpeg of that ending splash screen? I wanna use it as wallpaper.

Well, that's enough Shinkenger fangasming from me. On to the Gosegier section of the forums!
[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: come on off it, its not even out, dont start with that
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
Dreamy: Hana

Post by Squall »

And whoever did the HD splash, kudos to you.
It is truly awesome. Best splash IMO of sentai ever.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Squall wrote:And whoever did the HD splash, kudos to you.
It is truly awesome. Best splash IMO of sentai ever.
ehmar did the op splash
lunagel did the end splash

big kudos to both for stunning work
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

The last episode of a Sentai show always seems kinda hit and miss, but overall I liked this one. I guess it's because the final battle is always resolved pretty quick so that they can then do the "what happens afterwards" in the last 10 minutes or so. They end better than the Kamen Rider series at least...

The non-transformed roll call was probably the best I've seen so far. Helps that their poses aren't that complicated. And the mecha getting progressively blown apart was a nice touch, though I will admit I was expecting something a little flashier from an attack that was supposed to be all of their mojikara in one shot. And Jii was definitely pretty cool in that scene. Had he used some mojikara it would have been even better, but ah well.

And I agree with the first post. I was really hoping we'd find out more details about Takeru's family. Since he can use Fire mojikara I had been thinking he actually was a Shiba, just not in the direct line. But Tanba pretty directly stated that he wasn't a Shiba. So then I imagine he must be a member of another family that's a retainer to the Shiba line? Hopefully it will be explained in this DVD in June that everyone is mentioning.[/spoiler].
Last edited by takenoko on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broke unnecessary spoiler
Goty
Adventure
Favorite series: Faiz/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Jetman

Post by Goty »

Is Takeru's origin that relevant? Since it was said they "found" him, most likely the Shiba servants just tested a bunch of kids till they found someone who's shown enough talent to develop Fire Mojikara. Where he came from isn't that important imo. Still, we did learn that his body wasn't full of Mojikara like the real Head, since that Ayakashi anti-Fire attack couldn't kill him.

Anyway...great series, great ending. Blue finishing Doukoku's first life was a pleasant (element of) surprise, and Takeru suggesting a suicidal attack (but not alone this time) was the most fitting final move. I believe i couldn't expect anything better.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

well that's it shinkengers finished kinda sad seen as it's been an awesome series. bit of a twist there at the end with that squid turning out to be a
Spoiler
gedou
kinda feel bad for takeru not dealing the final blow to dokukou. Kaoru looked pretty elegant at the end at not once did takeru or Kaoru call each other mother or son. and what's next? well onto the next sentai of course, farwell shinkengers. this brings that act to a close
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

It would have been interesting to see Kaoru use her fan on Takeru (stereotypical strict Asian mom?) for a certain reason, like his decision to not join Jii and his guitar group. :shock:

Also, when Chiaku slapped DaiGoyou after he said that Paris is the gathering place for 3-star chefs, the sound of that slap made me a chuckle a little bit.
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Is Takeru's origin that relevant? Since it was said they "found" him, most likely the Shiba servants just tested a bunch of kids till they found someone who's shown enough talent to develop Fire Mojikara. Where he came from isn't that important imo. Still, we did learn that his body wasn't full of Mojikara like the real Head, since that Ayakashi anti-Fire attack couldn't kill him.
For the most part, no, it's really not. But I'm curious about it, because it gives Takeru a bit of depth that you honestly don't expect from a character in a sentai series.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

AeonRanger wrote:well that's it shinkengers finished kinda sad seen as it's been an awesome series. bit of a twist there at the end with that squid turning out to be a
Spoiler
gedou
kinda feel bad for takeru not dealing the final blow to dokukou. Kaoru looked pretty elegant at the end at not once did takeru or Kaoru call each other mother or son. and what's next? well onto the next sentai of course, farwell shinkengers. this brings that act to a close
What do you mean the squid was a Gedou? He was hanging out on the Rokumon Junk all the time, he obviously was a Gedoushuu.
Anyway, this was a beautiful episode. I was disappointed to see Shitari just drown like nothing, but the Doukoku death was epic. And the W Rekka Daizantou was pretty cool, although the cgi was pretty noticeable. Anyway, I cannot wait for Goseiger. I onlly hope it was just as good as this.
I lost The Game!
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I agree that dual Rekkas was pretty sweet.

The reason Doukoku left the Shinkenger on the ground instead of finishing them off was directly stated. "The Shiba girl, I will bring her head here to you. Wait for my return." (Obviously not a direct quote, I'm too lazy to pull up the episode.) It's because he wanted to kill her and come back to show them. If Kaoru wasn't around, he probably WOULD have killed them right there instead of walking away from them.

I felt that this episode closed things up rather nicely, the only "loose end" I can think of would be Shitari surviving, but they'll almost certainly finish him off in the DVD special or Goseiger vs. Shinkenger.
JD78
Favorite series: Kabuto, W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by JD78 »

I gotta say I'm sad to see this series end. It's definetly one of the best super sentai series I've seen to date.

I found the final battle to be pretty awesome and epic, I didn't feel disapointed in it. The end was a somewhat bittersweet with everyone going thier seperate ways but it didn't leave you with a sense of "we're never going to see each other again after this." And there is that special act to look forward to.
droolboy
Sentai Senshi

Post by droolboy »

Very nice ending, and now that I know that an epilogue is to come, I can't wait to see it wrap up the way I thought it would, haha.

To be honest, I thought the defeat of Doukoku was a little lame, but... oh well. You can't always get what you want.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”