Shinkenger Series Discussion (No talking unreleased stuff)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Shinkenger Series Discussion (No talking unreleased stuff)

Post by Zazelle »

That is so true.I am really trying to think how they could possibly de-japanize it but so far I have no idea. Shinkenger will be impossible to de-japanize.

Anyway:

Best Sentai I have ever watched. The story was awesome, the characters were awesome, first female red ranger, just everything about the show was awesome. To me, it would be VERY hard to beat Shinkenger's awesomeness.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Why do people insist that it is too hard to adapt Shinkenger? First of all, there is absolutely no obligation to use the same plotline or anything even resembling it. There is no reason to to explain the kanji on the helmets. Kids do not worry about details like that. They will accept it for what it is, a suit design. There is no obligation to use all of the battle footage either. The adaptations tend to incorporate new footage of suitless battles by the cast so that there is a smoother transition. There are also new battles using toys that never appear in the original.
DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Post by DarkRanger99 »

Exactly, look at the Gold Zeo Ranger/KingRanger. I didn't know that the symbol on his helmet was supposed to mean "king" until I watched Shinkenger and recognized the symbol. They don't need the Shodophones to morph. They don't need to explain Kanji on the Zords or helmets. They don't even need Dokoku as the main villain. (Example: Venjix) It definitely could work out, and work GOOD. I've always wanted a Samurai Themed Power Rangers. But, it's still early and they may decided to do Goseiger instead, or skip the two and go into Sentai's 2011 season. Plans change. I'm still going to hope for Shinkenger though.
20 Years and Counting!!!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Zazelle wrote:That is so true.I am really trying to think how they could possibly de-japanize it but so far I have no idea. Shinkenger will be impossible to de-japanize.
*points over to Hurricaneger*
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

^ Even better, look at Kakuranger. They nearly removed everything Japanese about it and were able to pass off ninjas as "aliens".

If they can do that, than Shinkenger should be no problem.
DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour

Post by DarkRanger99 »

Hopefully it will be in HD this time. And, even though it probably won't happen, wouldn't it be awesome if it started with a movie like Turbo did? Man, those were the days.
20 Years and Counting!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If you want to talk about adapting PR to Shinkenger, do it in the Americanized forum. This thread is for talking the series as a whole not talking about possible PR adaptions.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

I never thought it would happen, but i actually ended up liking this show more than any other sentai show ive seen thus far.

The fillers were either hit or miss, but i ended up enjoying a few of them.

The overall plot was awesome, but they probably coulda done more like having Doukoku come out earlier instead of appearing to fight towards the last 10 episode mark. But overall it was great. And the plot twist with Kaoru was just OMG THIS IS F*CKING AWESOME! And im glad they didn't kill off the first female Red in the end.

Character development was nice, its a shame we didn't learn more about Takeru's father, and the other past Shinkengers aside from Mako's mom. Kotoha's center eps near the end coulda had better writing since it just felt repetitive that they used the same "im not a replacement for my sister thing". Its also a shame they took so long to have Juuzo's Uramasa be fixed cause he was just awesome and it sucked that he didn't fight as much.

The Action never disappointed, and in mecha battles too of course. We dun normally see normal foot soldiers in a sentai fight the mecha so it was a wondefull and awesome change to see them make the mecha fights more entertaining.

Its also a shame that they didn't give an Inroumaru to everyone, cause that woulda been awesome to see at least once.

And again the Decade crossover was just gold (i would say it happened, cause theres no other way to explain how Genta got Ika-chan back. He even commented "Isn't it great that Ika-chan is back?" in ep 22. They most likely never mention it again cause they just wanna have their shows back on track to move forward with their own plots).

In conclusion, epic show.Epic year of Super Hero Time! And im glad Shinkenger is continuing into the future per say :D
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I think part of the reason Decade's visit wasn't referenced again was because, on the Shinkenger side, most of the interacting with the Decade cast took place in Decade, they were busy with their own problems on the Shinkenger side of things so as not to alienate anybody who wasn't a KR person. And Decade never referenced it again because they travel to worlds all the time, this was just another par for the course world to them, aside from the fact that they introduced riders to a Sentai world.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

This is truly the best sentai I've ever watched since Geki... :wink:

The musics were good, the characters, the concept, and the story with all its surprises were awesome. Too bad, I think the villains and most of the mecha-battle scenes isn't as attractive as Geki...
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I loved this series. I am going to miss it a lot. I love the cast and their personalities. The show started off well, but slowed down after Genta's debut. Then it totally picked up in the last two eps. The twist about Takeru being a shadow all along was something that I never expected. That alone made me feel like I need to re-watch the whole show just to catch all the hints that they threw on us. The action in this show was amazing too. The choreography totally picked up here and I hope Goseiger will be great too. I don't know how to rank to this show to all the other Sentai shows from last decade though. I loved Gekiranger, Magiranger, and Dekaranger very much. Its hard for me to rank Shinkenger along with these but it was a great ride and I will look forward to see them again.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

well it's finally over and onto the next sentai i'm gonna miss shinkenger it was an awesome series, from the very beginning it was awesome. i would've liked to have seem more mojikara kanji used and more dual mojikara like with kotoha and mako. the team were awesome, the villains were awesome just everything about shinkenger was awesome. but the thing i got the most out of shinkenger is that i am now friends with 松坂 桃李, 相葉 弘樹 and 高梨 臨 that's takeru, ryunoske, and mako, on facebook and before you ask yes it is actually them.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

You're friends with the real Takeru, Ryuunosuke, and Mako. Who are fictional characters from a children's TV show. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

That Guy wrote:You're friends with the real Takeru, Ryuunosuke, and Mako. Who are fictional characters from a children's TV show. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.
Actually, I believe he's talking about the actors. Those are the kanji they use for their names.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Nope Aeon is refering to the fact he became friends with the actors on facebook -___-.

Seriously they pretend they are them and they aren't. They just take their bloody photos from their blogs etc since it so easy to. I dun think anyone in Japan really cares about Facebook anyway since they'd rather use Ameoba and other blogging sites.
Last edited by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”