Shinkenger Series Discussion (No talking unreleased stuff)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Re: Shinkenger Series Discussion (No talking unreleased stuff)

Post by Fobo911 »

That Guy wrote:You're friends with the real Takeru, Ryuunosuke, and Mako. Who are fictional characters from a children's TV show. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.
I checked the names that AeonRanger posted on Facebook, and the profiles for the actors/actress definitely exist. However, you never know if it's really them (when I looked up Hiroki Aiba's name, I saw two accounts with his picture).
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Putting aside the fact that most Japanese don't use facebook, they have their own facebook-like service that most everyone uses...

Hiiiiiighly unlikely. Compare the number of celebrities that actually have and use facebook with the number that have someone else pretending to be them. The number will be even smaller for Japanese celebrities. It's most likely someone who went on their blogs and stole a couple random pictures.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Its too easy to fake it. Besides any bozo could use google translator to just translate their names into kanji and what not.

its not them....unless they have pictures that have a note that says "Hi Facebook its actually me" like some actors/famous people do when they wanna prove its actually them, if not then its total Bullshit......
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
That Guy wrote:You're friends with the real Takeru, Ryuunosuke, and Mako. Who are fictional characters from a children's TV show. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.
Actually, I believe he's talking about the actors. Those are the kanji they use for their names.
I didn't bother to run the Kanji through a translator, so I just assumed they were the character's names. But it occurred to me that they were the actors.

Anyway, yeah, as everybody else has said, it's almost certainly not them. Actual celebrities tend to set up fan pages rather than profiles.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Hyori has about 70 different facebooks.
I lost The Game!
Dr Kain
Adventure
Favorite series: DaiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Garo & KR Kiva
Dreamy: Mele (GekiRanger)
Favorite Band: Mois Dix Mois
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: I am a Jenova witness, have you accapted your Sephiroth today? Remember, Aeris died for our sins.

Post by Dr Kain »

I have to say, this show turned out to be very disappointing. After the crap that was Go-Onger, this series showed promised, and it had an incredible first batch of episodes. However, I do not know what happened after the twelve episode, as things started to quickly go downhill from there. Kenta is by far the worst sixth ranger I have ever seen, for he served no purpose to the show at all. Not to mention that I feel sorry for the mecha suit actors, as they just kept piling up as many mecha as they could to form something big overweight behemoth that looked rather stupid instead of cool. Finally, the villians did absolutely nothing. Dokoku should have attacked the rangers in the last 20s, not the mid 40s. Daiyu needed that character development back in the early teens, not in the 20s. And Juuzo's return was also way too late. I did somewhat enjoy the truth about the Shiba clan, with Takeru being the kagemusha, but this was another plot point that should have been done in the early thirties instead of being at the very end of teh series. Lastly, they finally have a Sentai series that deals with Japanese history, and yet, they do not have a time traveling episode? WTF? Out of all of the Sentai series that have done time traveling episodes (especially those back to Samurai times), this series was the one that should have had it. Alas, I think I will end my thoughts here with my ratings:

Rangers - 3/5 - A great cast ruined by the sixth ranger and relationships that went nowhere
Villians - 1/5 - Juuzo is their only saving grace
Mecha - 0/5 - Terrible all around and way too many of them
Story - 2/5 - A lot of wasted potential
Overall - 2.5/5 - A great cast of rangers placed into a show with lackluster villians that did next to nothing and a zoo of mecha that went from average to terrible
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Dr Kain wrote:WALL O' TEXT
Sentai iz SRS BZNESS!
ImageImage
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Dr Kain wrote: Kenta is by far the worst sixth ranger I have ever seen,
Get the name right.
Dr Kain wrote: Not to mention that I feel sorry for the mecha suit actors, as they just kept piling up as many mecha as they could to form something big overweight behemoth that looked rather stupid instead of cool.
Speak for yourself. I personally loved Samurai Ha-Oh.
Dr Kain wrote:Lastly, they finally have a Sentai series that deals with Japanese history, and yet, they do not have a time traveling episode? WTF? Out of all of the Sentai series that have done time traveling episodes (especially those back to Samurai times), this series was the one that should have had it.
Wow, you....you really didn't look at the V-Cinema thread did you?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

garfield15 wrote:Speak for yourself. I personally loved Samurai Ha-Oh.
You liked a mech that couldn't even move right? :?
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
garfield15 wrote:Speak for yourself. I personally loved Samurai Ha-Oh.
You liked a mech that couldn't even move right? :?
Yes. Because it's the Ha-Oh. I thought putting on a platform was neat. It's like "I'm way better than you, I'm getting my Origami to walk for me"

And hey, it's not like the suit actor had to move with all that weight on him :P
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Darien_Shields
7X

Re: Shinkenger Series Discussion (No talking unreleased stuf

Post by Darien_Shields »

garfield15 wrote:Yes. Because it's the Ha-Oh. I thought putting on a platform was neat. It's like "I'm way better than you, I'm getting my Origami to walk for me"

And hey, it's not like the suit actor had to move with all that weight on him :P
You liked Samurai Ha-Oh...?

I...

But...

It's...

No, no, there's no way I can understand a mentality like that. It is beyond the limits of my human mind to comprehend such thoughts. Whatever lovecraftian thought-maze you think with to come out thinking that Samurai Ha-Oh is cool is just... not meant to be witnessed by mere humans.

As for Dr. Kain, I actually agree with a fair few of his points. I liked Genta as a character, but his overall importance to the plot was ultimately dubious. His purpose- to my mind at least- was to cast more light upon Takeru's character. Still, I felt more could have been done with this. I cannot recall anyone ever drawing attention to the fact that Genta and Takeru are essentially on the same rung in the samurai hierarchy, after the kagemusha thing has been revealed. When Takeru gave Genta Ika Origami, how was he feeling, considering that he himself wasn't a real lord? I would have liked to have known. I'd have liked it more if Genta had a more important role than "his texting is so strong it can combine our mechs!"

The timing with the villains was a big problem. I'd say they weren't quite as bad as Kain makes them out to be, but like the rest of Shinkenger, they wrestle with squandered potential. By the time Doukoku actually flexes his muscles I had already lost interest in him. Similar with Dayuu, and Juuzou's disappearance in the middle just left a big hole in the series. If the Doukoku/Dayuu plot had rolled out around episode 25-30, then Akumaro had opened up a gate to hell and unleashed actual demons upon the Earth, that would have made for a more interesting arc, if y'ask me.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

There is a very positive review of Shinkenger as a whole series on kungfucinema.com and it was a delight to read. You guys should check it out. It doesn't contain any spoilers either as it went through the basics of what the show was about and what made it a successful Sentai series.

The link to the review:
http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-samu ... 2009-14128
Mojikara
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Jasmine
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Mojikara »

I really liked this series. It had a lot of compelling drama and smooth character development. Also, it had some humor to keep it from being a highly depressing series.

It's no wonder everyone likes this series.

Well... everyone except for a certain doctor...
Another legend has left us too early...
--
On a lighter note:

There is training in
O o
/¯/________________________ _ __/
| FIRIN MAH LAZOR BLAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\
GolgoThirteen
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Chuck Norris
Favorite Band: Drake

Post by GolgoThirteen »

Very awesome show, just finished the final episode last night.

I loved the heroes, the villians, the storylines, the action, the comedy, the drama, the "holy shit!" twists, and yes even Shinken Ha-Oh! (Yes it was absolutely insane and ridiculous to shove all that mecha into one giant clusterfudge, yet Shinken Ha-Oh was so powerful and bad ass!).

I liked Genta as well, he was definitely a great addition. He sort of reminded me of Jim Carrey for some reason with his ridiculous personality and outfits and such. I liked those "300" style fights where he was moving so fast, that they had to go back and show it in slow motion, that was ill. I definitely liked his interactions with Ryunosuke and the lantern (his name Goyo I think?).

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”