kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Re: Shinkenger Movie Released

Post by kaemmerite »

Chiaki is so totally Ma Chao. From before they nerfed him in 6, I mean.

I think the reason everyone is mentioning the length is that this seemed like, ridiculously short, even for a Sentai movie. Wasn't the Go-Onger movie like 25-30 minutes or something? But I guess it's because of how long All Riders was that this had to be shorter. Which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Oh yeah, and now that the series is over, it's kind of funny to remember that Takeru isn't related to the original ShinkenRed at all. "Your ancestor couldn't even defeat me!" "Yeah well I've got a surprise for you...he wasn't my ancestor!" They couldn't have put that line in because it would have given away that plot twist too soon, but that would've been a good one.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Overall, good film, kind of expecting an hour to match the Decade movie but it's only my first Sentai Film, so I didn't realise that Sentai ones average 20-30 minutes.

Loved the full on battle to take Manpuku down. Very well choreographed.

Have to say though, arriving in at the third day of the war, well... one, very short war. Two, seeing Manpuku awakening would have been good for me, maybe as a quick prologue and then a cut to where the movie actually started. To me, arriving in at the third day makes Manpuku have a lot less impact, even though he's effectively a MotW.

All in all though, I enjoyed it.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

hmm quite disappointing however the battle scene was very nice. i didn't really know how that is decisive though. i don't get how the gedoushuu could just stand while the four are just staring at takeru at 14:23. unless they follow what zoro (one piece) says "a cut at the back of the bushido is a sign of shame" or something like that. What was the purpose of putting those kids though?
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Pretty enjoyable, but I hope there's some DC version of this coming out. I mean for one, it would have been nicer to see more fighting by the original ShinkenRed/Shinkengers. It would have been good too if they gave more background to Manpuku as well. I have to admit that the 'power sealed within Manpuku' thing was neat, but not all that interesting. It made the 'search' for the hidden power seem a tad lame. But cool fights and all.

Oh yeah, and Kotoha's "Bye-bye" at the end of the 3D glasses thing was cute. XD

But for some strange reason, this felt shorter than the previous Sentai movies. It felt even shorter than an average episode ><
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

zeta_gundam wrote:But for some strange reason, this felt shorter than the previous Sentai movies. It felt even shorter than an average episode ><
It was. It was something like 22 minutes, the average episode is 24 or 25 without the opening/ending and commercials. Most sentai movies are 30-40 minutes, as I recall, so this was ungodly short. I think Toei should stop doing double-features and just make two full-length movies each year. I'm tired of Sentai getting the short end of the stick.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, it's not likely that they'll change that now. Even with the DaiRanger movie you get a 20-something minute affair
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Meh, I guess two full-length movies is a stretch, but maybe if they distributed the time slots a bit more evenly.......oh whatever. I don't want the Kamen Rider movies being shafted.
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

i liked this really expensive episode, it didn't feel like a movie, but just one of those one shot episodes that has no real involvement to the main plot but involves the main villains. oh well,

now to wait for shin vs go-on, and the special act
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Super Sentai Spirits wrote:i liked this really expensive episode, it didn't feel like a movie, but just one of those one shot episodes that has no real involvement to the main plot but involves the main villains. oh well,
Uhmm, it did have an effect on the main plot or did you forget that they needed Kyoumaru to defeat Akumaro?
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

This movie's its shorter than a regular sentai episode. I saw it with glasses, nothing special. Why do those kids mean anything?
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I lol'd when Manpuku tried to get all smart and Doukoku just laughed at him, making Manpuku take back what he said. Doukoku was indeed a fearsome fellow.

The movie was pretty solid. It wasn't rushed and showed us everything it needed in a 20 minutes pack. It had action, comedy, appearences of the main villains and a new weapon/origami.

The choreography was good as always and the horses were a nice touch.

I'm glad that Manpuku's extending head and neck weren't a little bit lower in his body...
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

Phoenix512 wrote:
Super Sentai Spirits wrote:i liked this really expensive episode, it didn't feel like a movie, but just one of those one shot episodes that has no real involvement to the main plot but involves the main villains. oh well,
Uhmm, it did have an effect on the main plot or did you forget that they needed Kyoumaru to defeat Akumaro?

shhh. dont tell me that, thats a spoiler,
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

God, this movie reminded me of how much i miss Shinkenger, yeah Goseiger is ok but damn is it slow.

Loved this movie. It's like they did the best with the time aloted. There was no buildup to the situation. The little solution they came up with to get past the nanashi was um felt a bit D&D. Been many a times when someone would say something like that then roll the dice to see if it worked. after that it felt like Dynasty Warriors the Movie! Love the part with the horses.

Kinda understand why it was so short. All Riders has to have ate up the usual KR/Sentai movie budget. So I think they did a wonderful job with what they had to work with. I look at it like this.. I just came out the theater saw ALL of the Kamen Riders in a battle and Saw a Sentai Battle in 3D pretty awesome for a movie ticket price of what 8$?
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

I wish Koei would pick up on this idea. Dynasty Warriors Toei starring Kamen Riders and Super Sentai. Or just Sentai. Obviously this movie had a very DW feel to it.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

I did dig out a pair of red/blue glasses to watch this, and personally I thought these 3D effects were awful. First of all, the DVD uses red/blue 3D, but they still did it in color! This is a recipe for disaster, since certain colors just don't work well with red/blue glasses. Second, a lot of scenes had no 3D at all. Some even seemed to have 3D only where the special effects were added.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”