Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Shinkenger Movie Released

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

arromdee wrote:I did dig out a pair of red/blue glasses to watch this, and personally I thought these 3D effects were awful.
You're supposed to use red/*green*, not red/blue. Maybe that's why the effects suck.
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

finally got to watch this, my Wife has been asking where this was ever since all Rider came out "It's not Nihons fault honey we're waiting on the R2" but at last it's out, not complaining about the length, thats standard, but all the previews and hints in the series led me to believe we were gonna see a LOT more about the shiba clans past. so much that my wife thought this was a diffrent film.

Still, Aces to Nihon!
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Wow So like.. Takeru's singing= not too bad. Mako... should stick to fighting. Chiaki's singing and Kotoha's was GREAT! and for ryunousuke of course i'm not surprised that he can sing well xD Genta was not singing so i can't say :(

I liked the flashy effects. It wasn't a bad silver screen, fast paced action packed and HORSES!

also don;t get why they painstakingly try to cover up nipples in the series later to just show one in the silver screen.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Fidchell wrote:Wow So like.. Takeru's singing= not too bad. Mako... should stick to fighting. Chiaki's singing and Kotoha's was GREAT! and for ryunousuke of course i'm not surprised that he can sing well xD Genta was not singing so i can't say :(
Takeru's actor can't sing at all because his character song was him saying his catchphrases while a bunch of children were doing the heavy lifting. I don't think you should judge their singing based on a group song. Mako has a better singing voice from her character voice while Genta reminds me of the guy who did the second OP of Ryukendo.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Fidchell wrote:also don;t get why they painstakingly try to cover up nipples in the series later to just show one in the silver screen.
Wait what?
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

All in all, the movie was meh. As for my favorite part.....
To quote the Nostalgia Critic....."HOOOOOORSE!"

BTW, just to remind everyone, now that we've all seen the movie, we can all go back and watch ep.31 without fear of spoilers.
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Post by DarkRanger99 »

Anyone know where I can find Red and Green Glasses, because I only have Red and blue.
20 Years and Counting!!!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

ebay at a guess :P
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

DarkRanger99 wrote:Anyone know where I can find Red and Green Glasses, because I only have Red and blue.
You could always do like takenoko said, and make your own out of cellophane.
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

Well, they were sort of bluish green.

The fact is that the 3D in this was awful. I didn't even need the glasses to tell; I know that red/green or red/blue glasses don't work well with color. The 3D glasses rely on each eye seeing an image that can be combined. If the picture is in color, there will be details that aren't even visible in one of the lenses, or are dark in one and light in another. They won't combine properly. It probably looked better in a movie theater, which would use polarized light and wouldn't have this problem.

And you can tell that some scenes don't have 3D just by looking at them without the glasses at all and seeing that they have no red/green fringes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, 3D is kind of a gimmick. I did enjoy watching the Disc flying in the air and landing on the sword at the beginning, but overall it didn't blow me away or anything. I think it would have been neat to see in theaters, but it's not something I can live without. It's just bonus if it works
Nero
Infinity
Favorite series: Kiva/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Miu/Go-on Sliver
Favorite Band: L'Arc.../Tetra Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Nero »

was there a HD verson on the way at all?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Nero wrote:was there a HD verson on the way at all?
Sentai has never been released on Blu-Ray, Magiranger was a one off as it was a cap from a HD broadcast
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Kamen_Rider_Chojin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by Kamen_Rider_Chojin »

It was a pretty good movie I guess. Bit short I mean 20 minutes? That was same length as the Maskman movie. Then again Sentai movie aren't that long anyway. So far the longest Sentai movie(That isn't a crossover) is the Bioman movie which was 40 minutes long. Why can't TOEI make Sentai movies are a bit longer? Well this was double billed with the Decade movie so I guess it helps to get the people who saw this in the cinema entertained. I not saying this was a bad movie but I just felt it could've been a bit longer. Overall I give Samurai Sentai Shinkenger The Movie a 7/10.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Nero wrote:was there a HD verson on the way at all?
They could always do an MP4 version like the ones they did for Gekiranger Episode 1 and Kiva but it won't be true HD since its still a DVD rip more or less.

Anyway as far as the movie goes....It has tons of epic ideas and overall i loved what they did with the fight scenes but the story seems really rushed and being 2-4 minutes shorter than your average episode >__< (ONORE DEKEIDO! YOUR MOVIE WAS TOO LONG AND OVERSHADOWS THIS!).

10 minutes more would probably really help the transition/backstory better. I mean we know the Sanzu River was very active in the summer but they dun show Doukoku resurrecting him and his army. Nor was it hinted in the show but then again none of the other sentai's did (tho this time they should have made an exception). Overall the story was still interesting none the less.

It also appears that the Hyper Coat was a last minute addition to the film as it wasn't in the promo's, i guess it was suppose to be a surprise? And im guessing the movie takes place after they got the Inroumaru (probably in between 24-25)given how Genta and them know Juuzo is a Gedoushu.

The fight scenes were epic, They did very nicely in setting up the battlefield with the banners on both sides. And i especially liked when they summoned their horses and charged.

Shame ShinkenGold was left out alot and is pretty much not in the film overall. And also his horse is missing XD

Overall i was entertained, just a real bummer that it wasn't a tad bit longer as the fun ended before you knew it. Too bad DC's of Sentai's don't exist.

And the actors singing the ED was awesome (Tori isn't that bad).
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”