Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Shinken Vs Go-Onger released

Post by Arawynn »

Awesome movie! Really good script, stunts, acting and theme songs too!
I enjoyed watching this movie a LOT. The comedy bits were hilarious, especially Ryunosuke. Team work between the two reds was nicely done.
The Gedoushu villian design was really creative. It was good to see the three Giark ministers again too!

All in all this was a very well done team-up movie! :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Mechafox
Adventure
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Mechafox »

hehe, just rewatched the movie and noticed something amusing

During the clap of victory, you see Engine Oh G12 and Samurai Haoh do the clap, but as a testament to the troubles of the suit actors:

Samurai Haoh can't bring his hands together!!!

For some reason I find that too funny
Who doesn't like a cyberfox?
Oba chan wa koitteta, mecha no michi o aruiki, kitsune koto tsukasadoru otoko.
Ore no na wa Mecha. Fox.
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana

Post by Squall »

You are my new favorite Mechafox.
I can't stop watching that now.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Hmmm... is it just me, or I did really see Elizabeth's actress from KR W in some of the scenes in Christmas World...

Not only her face, even the voice seems similiar... :shock:
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Huh? Where?????
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Mechafox wrote:hehe, just rewatched the movie and noticed something amusing

During the clap of victory, you see Engine Oh G12 and Samurai Haoh do the clap, but as a testament to the troubles of the suit actors:

Samurai Haoh can't bring his hands together!!!

For some reason I find that too funny
It's been like that ever since Tenkuu Shinken-Oh with the....things on his chest. The guy can't even do a two-handed sword strike, let alone clapping :lol: .
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

if they end up doing a anniversary movie one soon i hope we get something like All SuperSentai Vs ...uh.....The Overkill Lord. I know it's probably impossible but hell I can dream right?
Wolf-man
7X

Post by Wolf-man »

This movie was awesome!!! This is the second "versus" Sentai movie I have seen and it was just as good! It was nice to see a "versus" movie where I actually know the characters. When I watched Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger I had never seen either series so whereas it was really cool I didn't know anything about anyone. Though, it was that movie that made me start watching Go-Onger and Gekiranger. Anyway, I liked how this movie continued where Go-Onger left off. I can't say I expected that. The Souske/Takeru fight was great. There reactions to each other were just as I predicted they would be. I do agree that those on junk world were pretty much barley used which was disappointing as Ryunosuke is my favorite Shinkenger. Though, the rest of the movie made up for it. The only other thing I have to complain about is the fact that the engines didn't seemed to have very many lines. Which is not that bad because they have had plenty of screen time in the two other movies they have had and the 50 episodes they were in. Unlike some, I liked the Goseiger cameo. I thought it was a cool send-up to the new series. I see it no different than Double's cameo in All Riders. I so wish that Kamen Rider would take a lesson from Sentai on how to do a really good crossover. I mean if they would have done Climax Deka and NEO Generations like these movies than there would have far less complaints. Oh well maybe one day they will figure it out. All in all, this was a great movie and I look forward to next year's Shinkenger vs. Goseiger!
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

Shinkenger is that good that they even made the Go-Ongers bearable to watch...

I just remembered now that Strike mentioned it, why is Gosei's episodes called Epic? AFAIK there is nothing epic with Gosei...
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Reaver wrote:AFAIK there is nothing epic with Gosei...
Epic is another way to say "story" much like saga can.

Back on topic, it wasn't that Go-Onger wasn't terrible, it's just there wasn't enough character development to make you care about everyone other than Sousuke and the Go-On Wings.
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Nexus_Schwarz wrote:Back on topic, it wasn't that Go-Onger wasn't terrible, it's just there wasn't enough character development to make you care about everyone other than Sousuke and the Go-On Wings.
I would disagree. The Go-Ongers have a lot of character development. I could write pages upon pages about all of their personalities with adequate episode references as evidence. Many people dislike Go-Onger because the overall plotline wasn't their cup of tea.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

^I second to that. Other than the comedic stuff that the Go-Onger does, the environmental theme of the series was timely as well. It's a good thing to have that kind of show spread awareness about pollution and its effects.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Guys, I know Go-Onger had character development episodes like how Saki got her "Smile! Smile!" thing, why Renn adds an extra "s" to his words, etc., but I felt that it wasn't enough and only made Sousuke look like a solo hero (or with the Go-On Wings a team) with some extras sprinkled in for kicks.

They're all good characters and they at least had more development than the rest of the Rescue Fire team (especially at the end when they were suddenly important but one couldn't feel anything for them), but overall there's not much to say about them.

Go-Onger was a great idea (Rescue Fire as well) that was ruined by lack of character development to make you care about the characters. Shinkenger is the reverse of that and perhaps that's why people like it more: you can care about the characters. (If in both series you ignore the clusterfuck mecha and just care about characters, I mean.)

*/wall of text* tl;dr: Good story, ruined by apathy towards almost everyone.

^Sig by Yahiko~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Eh, that's just a long way of saying you liked the characters in Shinkenger better than Go-Onger. Like I definitely feel like I cared about the characters in Go-Onger. It didn't have a major story carrying everything the way Shinkenger did, but the characters were fun and I liked seeing the stories about them. I think you got it backwards. Go-Onger was all about the characters

I mean, it's not hard to put Sentai in superficial terms in just a few sentences. Someone could say that Shinkenger's blue did nothing but cry, yell, act like a goofball, and act like an emo. Gold spent all his time yelling, and the yellow didn't do anything except look cute
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Maybe I should watch Go-Onger again before spouting random stuff that I haven't checked on in a while...

Either way, the crossover was an interesting idea and at least Samurai Formation 23 didn't involved an even bigger clusterfuck than G12 and Ha-oh already were.

^Sig by Yahiko~

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”