Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Shinken Vs Go-Onger released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki
Spoiler

Certain aspects of Go-Onger seemed really underrepresented, like Hanto and Saki. Seems like everyone on Junk World got the shaft

This is the best Red versus Red fight I've seen. How kickass

Didn't care too much for the final form of the mecha. Oh well
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Shinken Vs Go-Onger released

Post by Lunagel »

Can I just say HOLY SHIT THE ENDING SONG IS THE MOST KICKASS THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!

Ahh, Genta, I've missed your facial expressions. Kegareshia, I've missed your....boozing.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was disappointed a bit with this Versus as it tend to focus on Sousuke and his interaction with Takeru and the rest of the Shinkengers. The other Go-Ongers did get screwed with personal time because of the plot device. Even the big battle was a bit disappointing that there were barely any special attacks used including lack of Super Highway Buster and Rekka Daizantou cannon. At least some people would be happy that there wasn't a big merging of mecha with Samurai Formation 23.
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

Considering how little I know about Go-on, it was a decent movie to see. It was interesting to see how the two (very different) Reds got along and some of the little tricks pulled off within the movie are very epic indeed.

Spoiler
(As for the known cameo, it could have just counted for filler and I wouldn't have minded it as much. It just seemed like a pointless promo spot for the Goseigers and I didn't feel it made much sense overall. "Hey LOOK! We're the next Sentai and we blow the current Sentai's enemies out of the WATER with just our WEAPONS!" .-. )

Also, the car summon and fight was quite fun to watch indeed. We all knew it was coming but I still thought it was epic to see.

The ending song will probably be stuck in my head for awhile, even though it is almost impossibly fast rap lyrics to even sing to. XD
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I really loved both of these series, so it didn't surprise me that I loved this movie despite the imperfections already mentioned. In fact, it came really close to bumping out the Boukenger/Gekiranger team-up for my favorite VS movie.

On the Go-Ongers side, pretty surprising how much everyone looks like they did a year ago. Other than the color of Sousuke's hair, the changes were minimal. Sousuke's first meeting with the Shinkengers plays great, between Kotoha making the first move to greet him and Takeru dodging Sousuke's shoulder slap.

Grass World made me laugh, since it was nothing but grass. I guess it got fixed, though, since that was supposedly one of the worlds that was destroyed.

Mako elbowing Genta in Christmas World had to hurt, it didn't look like she held back at all. They had some nice interactions with the Wings. I didn't realize how much I missed Ren and Gunpei until they had their bit in Samurai World. It was so nice to see that Gunpei was as crazy as ever. Shame that Gunpei and Ryuunosuke didn't get stuck in the same world - the combined dramatics could have been legendary.

The Goseigers were pretty cool during their cameo. I'm tempted to say that they were cooler than they are in their own show. Now we'll get to wait a year to see if they remember that DaiGoyou and the Angels saw each other...and that the Goseigers are evidently aware of the other sentai teams without being introduced. Seems like they might.

As for the final battle, I figured Takeru and Sousuke were putting on an act, but they kept at it longer than I expected. I was starting to second guess myself. The rest of my thoughts about the battle are pretty random:
~The reject Ugut bike...great.
~Hyper Go-On Red was surprisingly snazzy.
~Kotoha's confusion about Bacchiido growing big before he reached his second life was a nice "realistic" touch.
~Chiaki teasing Ryuunosuke for coming up with more weird combinations was a nice nod to how he always seems to be the driving force behind each new gattai. Although it made me really want to know what else Ryuunosuke, Saki and Hanto talked about while they were stuck on Junk World.
~But seriously...23 pieces?! I think they need to start putting a cap on those things.

Oh, the dancing at the end! The burning question on my mind back when it hit theaters was whether the Shinkengers finally got an ending dance - it did not disappoint.

Biggest bummer - no curry joke. Unless I missed it, it looks the traditions has been broken.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Damn the film was pretty enjoyable whether you hate or love the Go-Ongers. Probably the best Vs movie ive seen in a while.

The fight scene between Go-On Red and ShinkenRed was pretty wicked. Especially the part where Takeru just kicked his sword at him XD.

The Roll call/Transformation scene was epic! The Forest background for the Shinkengers seemed very fitting as was the Engine World background for the Go-Ongers.

The Goseiger cameo was done well for the most part, i dunno what people were expecting from them other than being promoted and showing off their stuff. Its pretty much the same case what they did for W. But it was interesting to see the tribes fighting individually (Seaick vs Akumaro, Landick vs Tayuu, Skiick vs Juuzo).

The mecha fight was kinda disappointing a bit, they really should have had a giant beam of death to kill Bachiido when they used Samurai Formation 23. But it was cool seeing the clusterf*ck mecha's together!

Last but not least the Samurai Rap was friggin awesome!

As for the Dino Curry gag thing, its surprising that they didn't put one in here. Oh well there's always the next VS i guess XD.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Mr. Yellow
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Suzuka Morita
Favorite Band: Dropkick Murphys
My boom: Pocky

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Heh, I just found out about this being released today...
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

This Movie is too AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for subtitled this.
TV NIHON RULES!!!

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Very funny movie in my opinion, which reminds me most on what I ♥ about Go-Ongers.
takenoko wrote:Certain aspects of Go-Onger seemed really underrepresented, like Hanto and Saki. Seems like everyone on Junk World got the shaft
Yeah if only they did not even bother to make the Goseiger cameo which IMHO is boring, and just gave those precious minutes for Hanto and Saki. Also I didn't like how the Goseigers defeated the 3 Gedoushou, made it appear they're better than Shinkengers which I definitely disagree on to.

Overall, a really good movie. It's fun seeing the Go-Ongers again.

BTW at 28:18 the man who threw the coin, who's that actor. Is he DaiGoyou's VA?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like I forgot the splash screen. Sorry guys!
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I loved the parts when Jii started fighting hand to hand with Uguts. I've always thought that he was pretty BA but this definitely cements that for me. Also, is this within continuity of the show...? Because it was released like right after
Spoiler
they found out that Takeru wasn't the real ShinkenRed
. I thought it was interesting the way they handled that when Sousuke asked if he was a real lord. And a 23 part combination... I'm not sure if that is epic or awful. At least if gave the suit actors a bit of a rest.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

That ending had so much win in it. The dance anyhow makes me really miss Go-Onger.

I though how Goseiger stopped the other from interfering was really a nice touch to the movie, without making them the main focus.

Ahh i'm going to miss these two sentai so much!!! they were so much fun and enjoyable!!!

Thank you everyone who worked on this movie it look liked awful fun to do.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Aww.. Why'd Takeru have to slash the awesome Nanashi/Uguts duo when they were running away?

The movie was ok for the most part, although it was weird how all of the side plots just kind of ended.
Junk world being the worst offender.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Great fun abonds.

Goseiger's as the Spotlight stealing squad was funny and awesome at the same time.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

markoclix wrote:I loved the parts when Jii started fighting hand to hand with Uguts. I've always thought that he was pretty BA but this definitely cements that for me. Also, is this within continuity of the show...? Because it was released like right after
Spoiler
they found out that Takeru wasn't the real ShinkenRed
Akumaro being alive in here should really tip it off that this takes place before Act 40-43.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”