Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Re: Shinkenger Returns released

Post by Reaver »

Gotta love where Takeru "accidentally" touches Mako on Kotoha's fantasy... :lol:
Hyper_Kabuto
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Hyper_Kabuto »

a very awesome and humorous special! gotta love the Space Fantasy segment :)
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I have to agree with takenoko. I was really expecting a little bit more wrap up from this show. In a lot of ways this didn't feel like Shinkenger to me. It felt like a Go-onger plot with Shinkenger characters. Don't get me wrong, it was fun but not what I had come to expect from Shinkenger. One of the things I really liked about Shinkenger was its ability to add humor without detracting from the serious/ epic feel of the show overall. But oh well. It still had some pretty good moments.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

some so werid yet some so sexy some so not sexy some just wrong. man they went through the complete movie genres i guess. i was expectin we'd see a silver shinkenger when silver sushi came on who was he anyway he looked familiar almost japanese american. does what they say at the end mean that there's gonna be more shinkenger? or can we call it complete now
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

While it would've been nice to have seen a more serious after story special, this will do even tho the time placement is pretty ambiguous.

The movie illusions overall weren't half bad, though Kotoha's was meh to me. I guess they had to satisfy them bloody yaoi fans somehow in some form. Though it was hilarious that in most of the illusions that Takeru was just sitting down as he normally does, so its understandable that he finds their vision of him to be quite lame XD.

I guess Mako's illusion was the best imo, it was amusing to see the suit actors dancing in the background while she sang "Nadeshiko Shinken Hana Fubuki". Least one character image song made it into the show...sorta..even though its a V-cinema special.

the Henshin sequence was gold again! No stock footage which is nice even though they used stock for the roll call. It was also interesting to see them announce the title THAT far in XD. And Takeru breaking the forth wall that the "Episode title" is too long.

Oh yea and its cool to see that they used a new Final attack with Rekka Daizantou Oozutsu mode using Ebi's disc. And it was nice to see Ika Shinken-Oh, which had the least usage in the show.

Its sad to see them leaving again. I definitely wouldn't mind if this became the Den-O of Super Sentai but only time will tell??
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

a very fun and crazy special. :D
So close, only a little more and we would have seen a yuri kiss between Kotoha and mako.
Too bad that Takeru and the others get in the way. XDD

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

Is there really an official statement if this occurs after the series? Because I think we can pretty much narrow down the timeline judging from the rollcall, since both Genta and Chiaki were doing their old ones...
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

This was a nice trip back to Shinkenger's, I really enjoyed all different fantasies they came up with, especially Genta's, when they include him and his sushi , it always good for some laughs. I'm kinda disappointed that Toei decided not to include Kaoru, especially since she is apart of the team. Well now we wait for the Goseiger team up for more Shinken action. Also who nwere those 2 guys on the rooftop drinking Sake, they cut to them for a reason but I have no idea who they are?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Battra wrote:Also who were those 2 guys on the rooftop drinking Sake, they cut to them for a reason but I have no idea who they are?
Was wondering about that too. But aren't they VAs of Doukoku and Shitari?
Zetman
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: The Fall of Troy
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Ika de Beer!

Post by Zetman »

You can all look at me funny all you want, but I am a massive Hana Kimi fan.

Therefore, my favorite segment was the High School scene. For obvious reasons. I hoped for a second to see Mizushima Hiro (He was in the Hana Kimi live. Yeah, THAT Hiro Mizushima.) cameo, but not all fantasies are reasonable to expect. :(
Spoiler
Morita Suzuka is almost as cute as Horikita Maki. From me, this is saying a lot.

I liked the Police and Samurai bits a lot too.

Uh...

Thanks, TVN. That is all.
Not exactly a Rider, but I'm still... Sort of a hero, I suppose.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Thanks for the Release!!!

At first i was kind of disapointed that this wasn´t a sequel to the series or something like that, but it was quite fun nontheless, and in a way, it was sort of an spiritual wrap up to the series, it keep the same atmosphere letting us see the bond between the shinkengers once more.

Let it be known that i thought i would never be able to erase the "female" Takeru from my mind, but idol Mako made my heart at ease, plus almost yuri action, yuri makes any day a great day.

It was really fun how everyone had the same image of takeru, with the exception of Ryuonusuke, it was especially funny during the hostage part, and mako making fun of that fact at the end was priceless.
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I was really hoping for more of a wrap up to the show, but this special could really fit in pretty much anywhere in the timeline after Genta and Ika show up. But that's not a bad thing, I was just hoping for a bit more.

As it is though, a great way to re-experience Shinkenger in about an hour.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I loled when i saw that all of the guy's suits had breasts during the song
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Shiba Takeru
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Takeru of course
Favorite Band: Sound Horizon

Post by Shiba Takeru »

Was Takeru doing GaoRed's pose during the jungle one? xD
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I was really hoping for more of a wrap up to the show, but this special could really fit in pretty much anywhere in the timeline after Genta and Ika show up
Actually, if you think about it, the do mention Ha-Oh so it could be anywhere after they have Ha-Oh.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”