Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

This was my first Kamen Rider.

Post by Icingdeth »

Don't know if anyone really cares but Decade inspired me to watch the older Kamen Rider shows and to keep up with Kamen Rider. Don't know if that should be counted as a positive or not but if I had never watched Decade I wouldn't know the joy that is Kamen Rider.

Anyway, enough about that. Since watching Decade I have become immursed in the world of Toku and I'm glad to say that i love it here. Arigato TV-Nihon.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: This was my first Kamen Rider.

Post by takenoko »

While I personally wouldn't recommend Decade as a first series (I think it ruins some of the twists and plot revelations in the original series) it does strike me as a good sample dish of Heisei Kamen Riders for those who've never seen any. Anyway, it's always good to have another Kamen Rider fan.

And it's nice to be appreciated, so thank you for your thank yous!
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable

Post by Icingdeth »

I just like to give credit where credit is due. Also I can completely agree that Decade isn't exactly the best for an introduction into Kamen Rider.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I was the same way. Kind of. I was already watching Ryuki when I started Decade, but my progress through that series was sluggish at best. Then when I decided to watch Shinkenger for the third time (I had a problem, I'm mostly better now) I started watching Decade alongside it so that when I got to the crossover this time I'd be seeing it with the full context, and I loved it so much I was like "Now must watch ALL the Riders!"

I've been working my way through what TV-Nihon has subbed, and am currently up to Kabuto. I've found that I prefer Main Riders who're made of swagger, like Tendou and Tsukasa.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight

Post by Icingdeth »

That's funny so far my favourite Rider is Tendou because of the quotes from his grandmother. After Tendou my next favourite is Hibiki because he was just so damn cool. I just started Den-O last night and I don;t think I'm going to get much farther than when all the Taros show up. I just don't like Den-O seems like they were trying to turn it into a one-man-sentai because of all the Taros and the out of control Imagin that get huge. What has appealed to me the most about Kamen Rider was that they didn't have some giant robot that had to appear every episode like with Sentai. Well I am rambling now and either repeating myself or not making any sense
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Yeah, the train fights are easily the weakest part of Den-O (I kinda skipped ahead after Decade but while still watching Ryuki and watched, like, the first half of Den-O). You can skip them without missing a damn thing most of the time, and good riddance. But give it a shot, it's got genuinely likeable characters, great comedy that comes from said characters bouncing off each other, and the "one-man Sentai thing" with Den-O's forms gets condensed in a pretty cool way after the first movie (Which is canon to the series and, instead of demoing the Rider's ultimate form like the heisei movies between it and Ryuki's, sets up the episode that introduces it.).
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight

Post by Icingdeth »

Well I'll try to keep going as long as I can. Who knows I might even come to like Den-O after I get farther into it.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The train fights are the only thing I don't like about Den-O. The overall storyline is good though. The real story starts to kick in after the second rider appears.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight

Post by Icingdeth »

Well I have finished Den-O and the show would be perfect it the train battles just didn't exist. The only other thing I wish wasn't in the show was that godawful Denkamen Sword, that thing was just bulky and looked really awkward to handle. The story is great, the Imagin are funny as hell, and Yuuto and Deneb make a great combi.
Warwolf
7X
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Warwolf »

Decade was, for me, the second show I'd seen. Actually let me rephrase that. It was the second show I'd seen subbed. The first was Ryuki. And teh first overall was Saban's Masked Rider. .... After hearing about how badly it was butchered, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not that I barely remember much about it. I next saw Dragon Knight, which I got a kick out of, especially when I finally got to see Ryuki, which was my first Rider show. I liked how they kept certain elements of the original but put their own spin on it in Dragon Kn ight. Decade makes for an interesting alternative version with the Rider Trial. I was always curious who created the Riders in the AR Ryuki world and how the Rider Trial was established over the real world court system and whether or not it's only used in Japan or not on that world.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight

Post by Icingdeth »

I've never seen Dragon Knight or Saban's show and after watching some actual KR I don't really want to. I feel traumatized enough after I started watching sentai while I was watching PR. PR is sentai hacked up into peices and sewn back together in a humorous way that makes fun of the child psyche. PR like so many other American adaptions of shows from any other country is very dumbed down so as to not make it "serious." Because if it was "serious" then kids would get the wrong idea and think that they could the stunts the the rangers do in the show. Corporate America does not think that children can distinguish between reality and fiction. This is further supported by the fact that my father walked in and asked what me and my sister were watching after he heard us imitating the fight noises, he then preceded to try to stop us from ever watching PR again (that did not work btw.) Anyway ranting gonna shut up now.
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Icingdeth wrote:I've never seen Dragon Knight or Saban's show and after watching some actual KR I don't really want to. I feel traumatized enough after I started watching sentai while I was watching PR. PR is sentai hacked up into peices and sewn back together in a humorous way that makes fun of the child psyche. PR like so many other American adaptions of shows from any other country is very dumbed down so as to not make it "serious." Because if it was "serious" then kids would get the wrong idea and think that they could the stunts the the rangers do in the show. Corporate America does not think that children can distinguish between reality and fiction. This is further supported by the fact that my father walked in and asked what me and my sister were watching after he heard us imitating the fight noises, he then preceded to try to stop us from ever watching PR again (that did not work btw.) Anyway ranting gonna shut up now.
Heh. Cute. I would recommend Dragon Knight though if you can find it somewhere to watch like Hulu or something. It was surprisingly dark for a kids show. Sadly, we may never get a domestic DVD release. But apparently the show got ridiculously over in Japan to the point that they got a sequel in teh form of a book and the dub actors for teh show are doing image songs for the characters. Or at least according to TV Tropes anyway.

But moving on, I find it interesting that Decade is the one who is supposedly bringing the Riders together again. I would think that with Fourze being the current Rider, that he would be the centerpiece Rider, just like how the Gokaigers are technically stealing teh spotlight from the Go-Busters in the flick from all I've read about it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dub actors did get songs. Surprisingly good ones too
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Lunagel wrote:Dub actors did get songs. Surprisingly good ones too
Nice. Too bad we'll never hear'em. Hell, I'm curious about whether or not they might try to tie Decade into Dragon Knight in a book or something in the future, given that he can hop to various Rider worlds and all. I mean Decade first appeared in that werird parody show Kamen Rider G, so why not Dragon Knight?
dialectixchaos
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Band: Megadeth

Post by dialectixchaos »

I very much dislike Decade. It ruined Faiz for me, both plot twist wise and general likable. Smart Brain High School? /puke. They butchered every series into a crappy AU fanfiction. A crappy AU HIGH SCHOOL(yes, I'm very wazzed off about Faiz world T_T)

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”