Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Re: This was my first Kamen Rider.

Post by Icingdeth »

Well, like I have said, I have come to dislike Decade. That is not to say that it did not have its' own merits. What Decade really inspired me to do was look at the KR shows that came before and see what they were really like. Having watched nearly all of the Heisei era shows now, I can agree with you. While you are so angry with the way that they treated 555, I am upset with how they treated Kabuto and Kiva and I watched those shows after I watched Decade.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Personally, while I haven't seen Kuuga, Agito or Kiva yet, the only AR World I didn't like is the Ryuki one. The Rider court system was too stupid, but all the other worlds were compelling stories based on what-if scenarios, like "What if humans and Fangires coexisted?" or "What if BOARD was still around?" or "What if the main characters in Faiz were actually likable?" (Wasn't really a fan of the original Faiz, hated the cast.)

I think people just get too stuck on the fact that they're alternate universes. I mean, sure, it's a kick in the teeth as far as anniversaries go, but just because it fails as a tribute doesn't automatically make it a bad story.
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

Overall Decade is not a bad show. I just wouldn't recommend it to get someone interested in KR even though that is how it went for me The "What if?" scenarios are intersting but personally I think that they should never been answered.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

I watched Decade because it was the Kamen Rider counterpart to Gokaiger. I loved Gokaiger because it did well in teaching me about all the past sentai in an entertaining and intriguing manner
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous
Type: INFP Healer

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

Decade was my first Kamen Rider as well. I decided to start watching it because I had only been watching Super Sentai at the time, and I was fully caught up with Go-Busters and looking for a new show to occupy my time while I wait for new episodes of GB. The first time I watched it, it was interesting enough/I liked it enough to decide to continue watching Kamen Rider as a series along with Super Sentai. I didn't even know the proper order of KR at the time, I was just going off of which Rider System I liked the best from Decade, and that was Hibiki. So, "true" Kamen Rider fans, go ahead and rag on me because my first introductions to the Kamen Rider universe were Decade and Hibiki, the two "not-lining-up-with-the-rest-of-the-Kamen-Rider-universe" series, lol.

I have since then gone through them all and am now right back where I started with Decade. It's very interesting watching it a second time through, because now I can actually fully appreciate all of the Rider appearances in Decade and I am better able to understand the characters and storylines in Decade (even though they're all AR and have very little, if anything, to do with their respective original series).

I have to say, my favorite series, in order, are Kabuto, Faiz, Hibiki, Agito, and Decade. After Decade I will progress through all the series that came after Decade, until I am fully up to date with Wizard. We're makin progress, yet. :P
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by rizefall »

Decade was my first show too and since then i've always recommended it as a first try series. I agree with taken that it can ruin some twists but i think the pros outweight the cons here. The best part of this is that Decade is kind of an "alternate universe" take. Be it official or not but from when the show aired, that was used to correct all the "inconsistencies". Was so long i watched Decade and it will forever be my Kamen Rider baby.

It was the show that made me start watching Kamen Rider and get into Japanese Toku for real. It's not super great but then WHO IS besides:

"Lady Luck is smilin"
flamefire28
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: gotta be Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Lee Min Young MissA
Quote: I am the destroyer of all.

Post by flamefire28 »

Not my 1st to be honest but the 10th (yes i watched it in order but not completely since i haven't actualy finished kuuga or hibiki yet) I loved the series some parts did really grind my gears like how in the beginning the dream didn't actually happen and then they made a special version of the final episode where they made the dream happen. then the final movie OMG i loved and hated it sooo much. hated that they never used the preview footage for the movie from the final episode, no explaination to why daiki(diend) shot tsukasa(decade) and that in the preview footage narutaki stated he would show decade who he really was and that never even happened (so we still don't know what narutaki actually is). it would have been more epic if they showed what happened directly after the final episode where he uses violent emotion form for the 1st time and kills rider 1 by 1 or in groups in an epic fashion. 1st series was faiz then kabuto then kiva and then kuuga and agito followed by ryuki. my hopes for decade will probably be 3 things, well 2 now since we have proof decade is able to form ride into showa (and probably neo-heisei as well) era riders, 1st is that by the end of neo-heisei era we will get a new decade storyine featuring decade again as the 20th rider series with a story where he encounters riders for the next 10 year generation throughout the series and secondly that decade will be able to use attack ride cards in standard form like he did in violent emotion(hoping we get a video game where we can use violent emotion form)
Image ImageImage
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

Decade was alright. It wasn't one of my favorite shows, but it did have its moments. I believe Decade was the fourth one I watched (OOO, Ryuki, and Kabuto were the first three). I did like it how it introduced us to the different worlds, however; I found the acting in the worlds to be....eh. While watching Decade it got me interested in watching Blade (LOVE that series), Faiz (again Loved it), Hibiki (.....I won't talk about it), and of course Agito, Kuuga, Kiva, and Den-O. The color scheme for Decade threw me off a bit since I wasn't used to seeing a light color (besides yellow, blue, and green in OOO) and was like 'The hell?' Overall, it was decent.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Kadoya Tsukasa
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryosei
Favorite Band: JAM Project MUSE
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: I Know Right
Quote: Winning is about everything, in reality there's no such thing call cheating, so winning was take whatever necessary to achieve it, that's include cheating.

Post by Nutcracker23 »

When I was 4-5 Years old I remember I got Black RX VHS same goes to Black ZO and J. Heisei was Kuuga the very first Rider series.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

started my kamen rider series with Decade. After watching the other Heisei series I have got to say that Decade was a complete mess. The plot was a mess and the ending was just confusing. But the one thing I did like was that it started the Kamen Rider crossovers
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I got stacked of VHS of Kamen Rider Black and RX( sadly in Cantonese dubbed).
On 2000 they release kuuga on VHS and VCD.

Not hate Decade, but I got the same feeling. It's totally killed the original Heisei Riders. Despite that he make other Riders proclaimed their "Kamen Rider" titles( Kuuga,Agito,Faiz,Hibiki,Den-O,) I just like how he did crossing other worlds and met up to another Riders. In Blade world doesn't make sense if " Undead" can be " killed" then they are not Undead anymore. Just the mere kaijin.

In Ryuki more confusing. Their battles was for courts trials?

In Faiz, Smart Brain High Schools? Sounds like schools for retarded or mental sickness.

In Agito, The guy name Ashikawa Shouichi ( puns combined by three main Riders Ashihara, + Hikawa + Shouichi this one was creatived since one actor for three Riders. Just don't like his attitude.

In Kabuto much the same as Agito, just still despised the whole story.

It just good to see the original characters like Tsugami Shouichi( in 5 seconds), Kurenai Wataru, Kenzaki Kazuma, Kurenai Otoya, Ibuki, Zanki, Todoroki, Akira and Minami Kotaro. Oh and Den-O crew. The rest AR world are totally shit!
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.

Post by meljta »

OOOKaiser wrote: The plot was a mess and the ending was just confusing.
that happened to me also, it was rather confusing in particular the end
but wasn't a bad serie, i like it... i think that was the 5th kamen rider i saw
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Kadoya Tsukasa
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryosei
Favorite Band: JAM Project MUSE
My boom: I Know Right
Quote: Winning is about everything, in reality there's no such thing call cheating, so winning was take whatever necessary to achieve it, that's include cheating.

Post by Nutcracker23 »

flamefire28 wrote:Not my 1st to be honest but the 10th (yes i watched it in order but not completely since i haven't actualy finished kuuga or hibiki yet) I loved the series some parts did really grind my gears like how in the beginning the dream didn't actually happen and then they made a special version of the final episode where they made the dream happen. then the final movie OMG i loved and hated it sooo much. hated that they never used the preview footage for the movie from the final episode, no explaination to why daiki(diend) shot tsukasa(decade) and that in the preview footage narutaki stated he would show decade who he really was and that never even happened (so we still don't know what narutaki actually is). it would have been more epic if they showed what happened directly after the final episode where he uses violent emotion form for the 1st time and kills rider 1 by 1 or in groups in an epic fashion. 1st series was faiz then kabuto then kiva and then kuuga and agito followed by ryuki. my hopes for decade will probably be 3 things, well 2 now since we have proof decade is able to form ride into showa (and probably neo-heisei as well) era riders, 1st is that by the end of neo-heisei era we will get a new decade storyine featuring decade again as the 20th rider series with a story where he encounters riders for the next 10 year generation throughout the series and secondly that decade will be able to use attack ride cards in standard form like he did in violent emotion(hoping we get a video game where we can use violent emotion form)
Well Decade probably my favourite series. For me it was good.
Decade are not like Garo.

But I still hope there is chance that they will do some spin off or cross over with him.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Nutcracker23 wrote:
Well Decade probably my favourite series. For me it was good.
Decade are not like Garo.

But I still hope there is chance that they will do some spin off or cross over with him.
He's been cameoing in some stuff (Wizard Special episodes, Heisei Rider Showa Rider Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai)
tristar
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Decade

Post by tristar »

Yep, Decade was my first full rider series. Come to think about it anyway it wasn't my first experience with riders, no that dubious honor goes to Saban's Masked rider. I'm not afraid to say it, Decade was a much better experience than Masked Rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”