17%

Total votes: 89
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by dualvision1984 »

takenoko wrote:I gave it a 5. In hindsight, Decade is vastly inferior to Gokaiger. Buuut, I don't think we'd have Gokaiger without Decade laying the groundwork. And at the time, the stuff Decade was doing was still pretty amazing and nostalgic (before that got played out). We got mini retellings of our favorite series and we even had some great Rider guests.
I agree with Takenoko san, Decade is somewhat the trial series/franchise if using the powers of the past heroes to fight the villains will work or not. It seems that it worked that is why we have Gokaiger today. Yeah, there are some loose ends on the stories, only a couple of veteran Kamen Rider actors played their characters and most of them were replaced by new actors since the concept is "Parallel worlds". But hey, everything work out find for the show especially for the kids. Because of Decade's ability to cross over dimensions and/or reality, he can show on any crossover episode(s) or movies and they can sometime ask his actor, Masahiro Inoue, to reprise his role as Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade.

Guys, let's admit it though... even for its shortcomings, we still kind of love this show on the Kamen Rider franchise in some sort of way. I give it 5 out of 5.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

This was my gateway into the Rider series. At the time I thought it was amazing. I still like it I just wished they wouldn't explained more stuff. Decade could have benefited from an extra 20 episodes. Still I'm gonna have to give it a 4.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I enjoyed it. There were some parts that...well... weren't entertaining as I thought. It's a good introduction to the Rider series to begin with. And for Decade to travel to different worlds? I loved that! I would give it a 3.5. My issue was the story lines and the new characters replacing old riders, but hey it was still fun.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Decade was only the second KR show I watched after Black waaaaaaaaay back when I was a kid. The story was kind of messy for me, but I still enjoyed it overall, especially seeing Black again. I can imagine a lot of the guys who watched the previous riders wouldn't be too happy having somewhat-knockoffs of their characters instead of their originals though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's why I kind of like recommending Decade as a smorgasbord sampling of Heisei Riders (albeit maybe a bit spoilery) to new fans of the genre. New guys wouldn't care that the old characters are ruined since they don't have any previous experience with them, and it might even encourage them to check out the original series.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Decade had its problems for sure, but it's sort of understandable. I'm sure the parallel worlds thing was written without knowing that people would be upset that the Rider stories would be changed and have new actors portraying the characters they grew close to. After I saw Decade (Decade being my first Rider series) I went and saw both Ryuki and Kiva and while I really don't like the alternate worlds in Decade, I can't hate them either. It is what it is. The plot was a mess, and it took me watching every episode a couple of times to try to understand the plot but it gets somewhat of a pass given what it was trying to do. The concept was cool just not executed properly. Tsukasa was kinda bland imo, but his cockiness was a bit endearing and I loved how it showed when he was transformed. Being the first it's a 5/5 for me, but looking back on it it's probably more 3/5
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

EDIT: new post below
Last edited by mholden020 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Philip Aldraine wrote:I enjoyed it. There were some parts that...well... weren't entertaining as I thought. It's a good introduction to the Rider series to begin with. And for Decade to travel to different worlds? I loved that! I would give it a 3.5. My issue was the story lines and the new characters replacing old riders, but hey it was still fun.
Hehe! Philip, I thought you disliked Decade. But somehow I agreed with u.
LegoLuigi56
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Let me say this to start, I'm fairly pissed off

Post by LegoLuigi56 »

Decade was pretty good, but it wasn't perfect *cough* Kuuga *cough*. I liked Tsukasa and the reveal of complete, and it was a great look back for fans of the franchise, and a great way to catch new viewers up. I started watching Rider during W's run, which is still my favorite season, and I watched this around the same time, my friend told me it would be cool. I give it a 4.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:2. It was obvious they had an idea about where they wanted the endgame to go, but no one was really clear about the middle story or characterization. Decade was just a means to an end. As a standalone movie, it might have done okay, but the show itself was a mess of underdeveloped plot and loose ends.
Agreed in full with Luna. I don't mind the parallel worlds thing, but I can't excuse the nonsense story. It's like someone decided to film some bad fan fiction.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I would like to thank Decade for showing Gokaiger what to do and what not to do. I also value it as the whole reason I got into Kamen Rider from the beginning, sans Shinkenger. But, its schedule and end date kind of threw me out of whack. And I don't like how he just came to life so easily in Movie War 2010.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

It's been a while since my last visit here... Onore Decade for making me post again.

Reasons why I hate DCD:

1. The story sucks, IMO. It just repeat the same pattern in every arc:

DCD met new rider in the new world >> new rider made enemy with DCD (optional) >> another stronger enemy appeared >> new rider & DCD fight together >> new rider & DCD became friends :D

and it really gets boring after the 3rd or 4th arc.

2. The characters are all over the place and the writer didn't even bother to properly build their personalities. I'm sure everyone still remember how messed up are Narutaki and Kaito (Diend). Narutaki's role / identity is never properly explained; Kaito's personalities is just a pure mess. We've seen him mood-swing between good-friend-bad-friend, cool-guy-emo-kid throughout the series. On top of that, some of the characters are just gag-characters and serve no purpose at all, and I think I don't have to spell that name out.

3. Despite being the series "connecting the old series", KR DCD actually ended up ruining the previous series. All the old Riders lost their charisma in this show, and even worse, they became DCD's toys. I think the series didn't respect the effort of the previous writers / actors because it seriously messed up all the characters built by them. Best example is, ehem... KR Kuuga.

4. Although some fans claimed that KR DCD movies are epic as all the old Riders were brought together in one screen, I don't quite agree with this. DCD's movies are basically fans service and it has no solid plot at all. I mean, you can't possibly call a cosplay party video as a epic movie, right? The previous Riders in the movie don't even represent their counterparts in original series. They're just some random guys in the suits who swing their weapon around hitting the Shocker monsters. There's hardly any effort in reprising their roles as the old Riders.

5. Most unforgivable = Toei aired fake trailer for the Movie in the final episode. Maybe Toei changed the movie plot last minute due to marketing reasons, but regardless of the reason, airing fake trailer is like cheating to their fans who spent money on the movie tickets (doesn't apply to me though cos I'm watching TV-Nihon sub :P)

So, if there's -10, I would give DCD -10/10
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

takenoko wrote:That's why I kind of like recommending Decade as a smorgasbord sampling of Heisei Riders (albeit maybe a bit spoilery) to new fans of the genre. New guys wouldn't care that the old characters are ruined since they don't have any previous experience with them, and it might even encourage them to check out the original series.
I agree with you. It seems that it is intentional really. To come and think of it, because I like how Yuusuke Onodera/Kuuga Decade version acts as a friend... I decided to check out the original Kuuga/Yuusuke Godai. It helps really a lot for those new in the Kamen Rider series.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:
Philip Aldraine wrote:I enjoyed it. There were some parts that...well... weren't entertaining as I thought. It's a good introduction to the Rider series to begin with. And for Decade to travel to different worlds? I loved that! I would give it a 3.5. My issue was the story lines and the new characters replacing old riders, but hey it was still fun.
Hehe! Philip, I thought you disliked Decade. But somehow I agreed with u.
I just disliked it when Narutaki said 'ONORE DECADE!' every time. -___-
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:That's why I kind of like recommending Decade as a smorgasbord sampling of Heisei Riders (albeit maybe a bit spoilery) to new fans of the genre. New guys wouldn't care that the old characters are ruined since they don't have any previous experience with them, and it might even encourage them to check out the original series.
I watched Decade before any other KR series after seeing him in Shinkenger. It took me until I watched four more Sentai series before diving into Decade's story, but it was still the first. When I watched it the first time, it didn't totally make sense, but I still loved it. Now that I've watched the KR series before it from Agito to Kiva, I've started watching it a second time. It makes way more sense now, and I've picked up a lot of smaller things that I did not notice (or understand) on the first go-round. Hopefully my opinion doesn't change after watching it again, now that I know what is going on (and that the Riders might be ruined)! :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”