DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by DaVinci030 »

That "Onore, Decade" thing was so annoying even though Decade is the destroyer of worlds. The storyline about Tsukasa's journey and Rider War was so meh to me. How do you save the worlds from destruction?

And the Rider battles, I don't think so.

3 for me. For the hero henge, I like Gokaiger better than this. Also I like more Rider battles on Gaim (I haven't watched Ryuki much).

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Decade

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Catastrophe »

The only thing I like about it was that when they did Gokaiger they knew what NOT to do.
revjurneyman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I am pissed off at mach speed!

Post by revjurneyman »

Decade was the first KR series I watched to the end. By the end of the series, I knew I was a lifelong Toku fan. I have since watched a lot of series that I would consider to have better writing (Gaim, Agito) better costume design (Den-O, OOOs) and much more likeable characters throughout, but I have Decade's journey through these alternate Rider Worlds to thank for sparking an interest that became an obsession.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Decade was the first show i started off with so I thought it was so cool. Then I saw other shows which made Decade's story plot really bad. Giving it a 2.5 for effort
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Decade had a blueprint on what the show should have done and it was Kingdom Hearts. Instead we got a bunch of characters who fought other people's enemies without having their own enemy to fight against. Also I'm still mad that we never got the Movie Wars 2010 that should have been.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

2. It was obvious they had an idea about where they wanted the endgame to go, but no one was really clear about the middle story or characterization. Decade was just a means to an end. As a standalone movie, it might have done okay, but the show itself was a mess of underdeveloped plot and loose ends.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

The adult reason Decade was ended shorter because they suspended some staff because of the capital issues. A lot of CGI used still looks like shit. On 2009 global economic crisis. Japan not doing well. And Decade's stories doesn't go well but the such a wasting two parter lot of new cast. I can give 3 for the Travel to another world idea
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This was my first KR and it got me into watching all the other Heisei KR series. I still remember some of the episodes fondly. That being said, it's really kind of a mess - especially since its ending was relegated to a movie. I give it a 3. (Note: this was my worst KR for a long time, until Wizard came around.)
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

I feel kind of guilty for voting, because so far this is the only KR series I've actually watched. LOL. I watched it because at the time I was watching Shinkenger, and they did that crossover, so I decided I wanted to know both sides of their stories. Anyway, since I had (and still have) no other Rider series to compare it to, I can only judge it by itself and my enjoyment of it.

So I gave it a 4. Once I watch more KR I will probably think lower of it, but the truth is that I enjoyed the main characters a lot, and Decade did seem pretty cool to me. He had attitude, cool attacks, a cool transformation, etc. Yeah, the story was definitely messy. It probably helped me though that I hadn't seen any of the previous Rider shows prior so that the inconsistencies in those characters compared to their respective series didn't affect me at all.

Decade progressing and still showing up in new Rider movies nowadays is pretty cool. One of these days I'll watch another KR series, but until then, Decade remains my favorite. LOL
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:The adult reason Decade was ended shorter because they suspended some staff because of the capital issues. A lot of CGI used still looks like shit.
When did they do that? Yes, Shou Aikawa left the show early but he still works for Toei (as evident by Toqger); there weren't any Hibiki screwjobs this time.
And, toku CGI has always and likely will always look like crap.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I gave it a 5. In hindsight, Decade is vastly inferior to Gokaiger. Buuut, I don't think we'd have Gokaiger without Decade laying the groundwork. And at the time, the stuff Decade was doing was still pretty amazing and nostalgic (before that got played out). We got mini retellings of our favorite series and we even had some great Rider guests.

Sure, the ending was butts, the story could have been better, and Tsukasa and Natsumi could have formally acknowledged their feelings for each other, but I still think it deserves credit for breaking some boundaries and doing something innovative.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Me? I gave the show 5 star... So, yeah... We all agree the show got a few issues, but Decade was the only reason I hooked up again with my favourite toku franchise, Kamen Rider.

I do believe Decade was meant for fans like me... To be able to bring HIM back,
Spoiler
Minami Kotaro
into the show, that was one huge point to gave the show 5 stars.

Not to mention every world that Decade and co visit, made me search and download the original series (Heisei Rider), thus bring me to Tv-Nihon.

It was really a journey through the Decade for me.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

While the story was a mess (They never seemed to acknowledge why Tsukasa had amnesia, how he traveled to Natsumi's world, why he knew how to fight in the first episode, etc.) There were a lot of great moments and fights that made up for it. Additionally, while the story was poor, the characters were always enjoyable to watch.

Fittingly, Decade was more about the journey than the destination.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

My image blog for Decade if you want to refresh your memories:
http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Decade
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

5 - Only because it was the first Season into Kamen Rider goodness. And yes, there has/have been better Season after DCD and even before it.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”