Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Re: KR Decade 02 released

Post by 大変身 »

- i'd rofl if Old Man Hikari was the Previous Decade that destroyed all the Riders and somehow his memories went onto Tsukasa

- woot, Mario Bros are back

- how appropriate, Kick Hopper fighting a Green Rider (Kuuga Gun Form) and Punch Hopper fighting PinkRed Rider (DCD)
Twitter
iamawesome.com
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

takenoko wrote:>Anyone notice his kick looked EXACTLY like the Royal Straight Flush??

Except for the kick instead of a sword attack and the disappearing between the dimensions? XD
I thought it looked more like one of Agito's Rider Kicks, but that little disappearing act was a nice twist. I wonder if he's invulnerable during that last part? I mean, most Riders usually get knocked out of their Rider Kick at least once in a series, but this one could actually be foolproof.

Anyway, this episode surprised me a bit.
Spoiler
I was sort of expecting Onodera to be Godai 2.0 - even more thick-headed and warmhearted than the original character, since he looks a lot younger. But this guy seems like more of a hot head than anything else. I kind of like it this way, though - at least it's something new. And since he's supposed to be a bit different anyway, I can deal with a new version of Kuuga, rather than an exaggerated caricature of a character I actually liked.

I laughed for a good minute or two when Decade got punched by Kuuga. He acted so surprised - as if he didn't think that punching the other Rider's friend would earn him a knuckle sandwich.
I was kind of expecting him to turn slowly towards him, and then PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH. Y'know, like Tendou. Wait, who am I fooling with this tiny text? You know, like Tendou.
Last edited by KRendBlade on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

I admit Kuuga is the only series I've not seen (but one episode), so I guess the different actor doesn't really bother me. I don't know how I will feel about substitutes for the ones I've seen. I suspect we won't see many of them out of costume, so it might be easier to get the originals if they just have to do voiceovers.

I'll take your guys word for it that those were the original hopper's voices. Like some others, I thought punch hopper sounded right, but kick hopper didn't and he has a more distinctive voice. So if I can't recognize the originals like I thought I would, substitutes probably won't be noticeable. (I don't think Hibiki sounded right in episode 1 either, but that was mostly just grunting).

I'm a little unclear about the "you have lost something" aspect to Decades cards. Does he have to defeat the other riders to get their card back? Can he only use each one once? I guess answers will be coming soon.

Old photo shop guy certainly seems to know more than he's letting on. Either that or he is completely oblivious to everything around him. They keep talking about other worlds around him and he doesn't find it odd + he seems to be the keeper of the magic world-changing backdrops.
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Well if it's true that he has to beat them to gain their abilities, and he had three in the first episode (Kabuto, Faiz and Hibiki) then I think they may end up remembering him.
Tsukasa: Hmmm hey are you....Kabuto?
Tendou sucker punches Tsukasa in the face.
"Obaachan always said, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice and I kick your @$$"
Soldat Veritas
PinoyCruger
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Hibiki and Kabuto
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
My boom: FACEBOOK!

Post by PinoyCruger »

Is the episode aired in HD?
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

lesovikk wrote:Young riders are in for the Heisei era.
Eh, sorta. Kiva and Leangle were young, but Hibiki looked to be in his 30s, and Garren couldn't have been younger than his late 20s. *shrug*

At work today I went over the episode in my mind, and y'know, I'd love to see a scene with Shinji talking to Yaguruma and Kusaka saying "We're fellow Riders, we should work together, not fight!" That'd be kinda funny.
James Orlando wrote:I don't think Hibiki sounded right in episode 1 either, but that was mostly just grunting
I thought that too, and yeah, while there wasn't dialogue, it still didn't sound like Hibiki's grunt.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I think with the voice for Kick Hopper, remember that it's been two years since he's done that character, so he may not be able to remember just how raspy or how deep it originally was. And watching himself doing it doesn't help either because we sound different to ourselves than what is heard by others / in recording equipment. If he watched himself to get back into character, then he's probably just overdoing it by accident.
ImageImage
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

Ok....were the hoppers brought into Kuuga world or were Decade and Kuuga taken to them in Kabuto world?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

kaemmerite wrote:I'd love to see a scene with Shinji talking to Yaguruma and Kusaka saying "We're fellow Riders, we should work together, not fight!" That'd be kinda funny.
i can see that scene right now in my head ...
Shinji: We're fellow Riders, we should work toge ---
*gets kicked in the face before finishing his line*
Yaguruma: Are you laughing at me!? GRRRR!
flame13th
Honey System
Favorite series: Supernatural
Dreamy: Shishioh Guy
Favorite Actor?: Kato Keisuke
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Genesic GaoGaiGr

Post by flame13th »

Love the episode but kinda sad for the Hell Brothers to entered the scene at the last time frame. Gah! I hope Yaguruma and Kageyama are the Hell Brothers, if not.... I think I'm going to sit down at the corner over there... >_>

I think that Tsukasa might come from another world because he's seems to have several abilities in him (understanding Grongi's language?).

Fuck guys, stop talking about spoilers, okay?
-take
Once A Rider Stays As A Rider

darkhawk5
Train man
Favorite series: Doragon Bōru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Raidā
My boom: supa saiyajin!

Post by darkhawk5 »

[quote="flame13th"]Love the episode but kinda sad for the Hell Brothers to entered the scene at the last time frame. Gah! I hope Yaguruma and Kageyama are the Hell Brothers, if not.... I think I'm going to sit down at the corner over there... >_>

I think that Tsukasa might come from another world because he's seems to have several abilities in him (understanding Grongi's language?).

Here what I heard:
Do you want a ban?
-take
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

KRendBlade wrote:I laughed for a good minute or two when Tsukasa got punched by Agito.
has someone been time travelling? O_o :lol:
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!
SolarGomz
Go Go!
Favorite series: KR Faiz, Abaranger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito, Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka
Favorite Actor?: Handa Kento
My boom: Animation!

Post by SolarGomz »

What can I say that already hasn't been said, lol! Freakin Awesome! That episode was probably better then the first. Probably, lol!

Okay, so he hit her. Big deal, he saved her life, let it go, lol! No I am not sexist, but it wasn't really a big deal. Had he continued then yes, it would be very wrong, lol!

Really it was just those last couple seconds of the episode when the Return of the Hoppers showed up! Those were 2 of my favorite characters in Kabuto. And having the original actors repraise their voice roles was awesome! Can't wait for the 3rd episode now!

I was really excited to see Kuuga subbed at some point and I still am of course, but I feel like everything I needed to know about him was shown during this episode. I know he is not the original and his charcter and story were slightly changed for Decade, but it really feels like they gave enough info about him even if there are a number of us who haven't seen Kuuga.

Like I said, Hope that Tvnihon does get around to finishing subbing Kuuga, but not really in a rush now at this point. I've seen all the Heisei Era Rider's Series except for Kuuga, and Ryuki. And thankfully, tvnihon is subbing Ryuki as we speak, and I am enjoying that series, and hopefully Kuuga will be the next Rider series they finish subbing after Ryuki.

But, awesome episode, Can't wait for the 3rd, and of course the HD version of 2. And one last thing, can anyone tell me if there is a player I can download to play the HD version? I would be very thankful!

Thanks tvnihon for the awesome episode and keep em' coming!
With Great Power Comes the Ability To Kick Butt!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Curse them for ending on the really exciting part Kuuga & Decade vs. Kick & Punch Hopper. Anyway excellent episode the story is really digging deep into the mystery of what exactly is going on. It's interesting to compare the Grongi in Decade to the ones in the original Kuuga, it's only been 9 years since Kuuga premiered and suit making has obviously improved, they look so different now but still maintain a sort of classic simplicity that would make them fit into the original Kuuga. Can't wait for episode 3 to be released.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

I suddenly wonder for the character image songs...I hope we get remixes of Riders' themes.
Soldat Veritas

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”