Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Re: KR Decade 08 released

Post by KickHopper »

I liked that they needed approval to transform. Think about it, if they cause collateral damage, that'll cost the company money. So they have to get approval from both the accounting department and president and such. I also liked that they used the original Board alarm from the end of Blade Episode 1. The whole demotion thing really didn't make sense, I mean was he just supposed to let the Undead kill Mutsuki? And can Mutsuki really not transform unless he's an Ace level employee, even if it's to protect himself from the Undead? Also, Kivala being turned from CG to a model was really bad. It was worse thannKivat in the Net Movies. It's also weird that no one questions Decade.

One thing I really didn't like, and this may not bother people too much, shouldn't the Paradoxa Undead look like Chalice Wild Form? I mean, when Hajime slides a card into his buckle, he's supposed to take on the form of the Undead. On top of that, the Kings are supposed to look like more epic versions of the Ace Undead, and it was confirmed in the series that Chalice's Rider Form is in fact the form of the Ace of Hearts Undead. And I could've sworn that Paradoxa's Undead form here was a reused Imagin, maybe one of the Anthopper.

I liked the nod to Kamen Rider G's beverage puns here with Tsukasa doing the cooking puns. That was spot on.
ImageImage
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

just actually watched it fully you know i always love it when the japanese speak some of the words in english especially when tsuaka did it seriously funny "Rare, Medium or Well Done" I like my undead well done please and also in response to kick hopper how do riders cause conciderable damage when all the locations they've fought in have always been sucluded:
warehouses, abandoned places e.t.c.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Isn't Wild Chalice a combination of all the heart cards and not just the King?
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7

Post by KickHopper »

Is it? They never really said, which is why I figure it is left to assume that it's what Paradoxa would look like since it was established that any card that Hajime slides into his buckle he turns into that Undead. I always thought he was the opposite of Blade. Whereas all the Spade Cards turn into Blade's King Form, Chalice's Wild Form turns all the Heart Cards into one card. I dunno, it's all just assumptions. And I don't need someone to point out while that may have been the case in the original Blade, this is AU and they can do just about anything they want. Next thing you know Chalice is going to actually be a human instead of an Undead. Just you wait, they'll screw with us like that.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Don't all the cards come out and combine with him in the transformation? I don't think he just slides it and he bursts into Wild Chalice mode the way he does with Chalice and his other forms
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

I just re-watched his transformation. You are correct. Still though, it just didn't look quite right to have Paradoxa look so different from Mantis. They could've maybe modified the Chalice Wild Form costume to not be so bright and colorful and then just make some other changes, or something. I dunno. It still bugs me lol.
ImageImage
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Yeah all king forms force the user to combine all cards in their suite.
Spoiler
Which is why Blade had that issue with his form later on.

Not sure if that was spoilerish or not.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Well you only see two "King Forms" unless you count Mutsuki turning into the actual Tarantula Undead, which then refutes that theory, but still.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I don't like the Paradoxa Undead design either, but I don't think there's a reason for it to look similar to Wild Chalice
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I like the Paradoxa Undead's design. But I hate the actor who plays his human form. He looks gayer in this ep than the last with that supid laugh of his.

And have you guys seen a real Paradoxa mantis? It is sick, in a very awesome way.

Mutsuki would've gotten King(or Jack) form if he wasn't so weak willed. He would've been badass.

Btw, didn't he get over that little issue and literally tamed his Ace? He could've used Jack/King form any time, providing he gets his own absorb rouzer. Or maybe Jack/King forms aren't really part of his powerset?
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Cool episode of Decade

Decade being a ''salaryman'' was kinda off-point and Blade-tachi have to get approved to henshin was cool except this Kazuma was a little more gung-ho then the original but everything was acceptable.

Also I noticed in the past episodes, Decade is actually using his Decade Kick more then the previous Rider series.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
den-o
7X
Favorite series: Den-O 電王, Kabuto カブト

Post by den-o »

BOARD's boss here looks kinda like Taiga/Saga imo...
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

den-o wrote:BOARD's boss here looks kinda like Taiga/Saga imo...
Um... no. If anyone, he definitely is more reminiscent of a meaner Tadokoro from Kabuto.
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Another good episode. Tsukasa's reaction to getting a bonus was hilarious.

I am a little annoyed over the fact that Kuuga has been demoted to cheerleader. And before the people say that I should just watch Kuuga, my thing is that they brought him along for some reason. In a series that revolves around all the Heisei riders, would it really be a stretch if the one former rider we're going to see every episode some how got more involved? Especially considering that Kuuga is one of the more powerful riders.

It's still early in the series though, so hopefully there's more of a role for Yuusuke.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:In a series that revolves around all the Heisei riders, would it really be a stretch if the one former rider we're going to see every episode some how got more involved?
That's how I feel about it, more or less. Why bring along a Rider and then have him not be a Rider? I'm not saying I want to see him fight alongside Decade every episode, maybe not even henshin every episode. But he can certainly do more than stand around and watch everything happen.

As was said in the thread about the episode, they could've done a great gag where Yuusuke turned into Kuuga and ran at a mirror to try to enter Mirror World, then slam into it or bounce off or something. But they didn't even do that. I dunno.

It's not a big deal, really. I'm not mad about it, and it doesn't make the show suck. It's just weird, like Yuusuke forgot he's a Rider too. Or maybe even if they had said he can't use his Kuuga powers in other worlds, but since he used them in Kiva's World, they can't even do that.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”