Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Decade 17 released

Post by Arigomi »

I couldn't really accept the Mayu plot. It just felt too weird to hear them accept her without any sense of loss or grief about the real Mayu.

Grandma: The flavor of our broth has permeated every part of her body.

That line is so creepy. It even surpassed Grandpa Hikari's lipstick moment. For someone who is supposed to have a zen-like attitude, her insistence on keeping everything at the oden shop exactly the same reminds me of a mother who refuses to clean up the room of a dead child. I guess it could be construed as enlightened but it left me feeling dissatisfied.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

zheyao wrote:^Obviously they're the same actor. Perhaps the eyepatch really does make a difference.
ryuzakiumi wrote:I don't understand why Souji disappeared at the end. Someone wanna explain it to me?
Simple, Kabuto was stuck in the clock-up dimension due to some kind of malfunction. The clock-down system the badguys built was designed to pull him out of that dimension and thus return him to regular speed. However, once he and Decade destroyed the clock-down system, everything was returned back to normal and he was forced to return to the clock-up dimension./quote]
It's worse than that, he's dead Jim.

No really, he's probably dead. The human body wouldn't be able to handle those speeds without disintegrating. The only thing protecting him was his suit, and his transformation canceled out before he ended up in Clock Up again. Oh well, he was probably half starved/half dehydrated to death already anyway.

Unless Clock Up doesn't speed up the user, it slows down time around the user. In which case, he's ok, and he can still eat and drink.
ImageImage
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

^ Well, they did sort of show him turning into Kabuto again before he disappears. Then again, maybe it was supposed to be symbolic, so who knows.

They probably should have described the nature of his Clock-Up system malfunction. It would probably explain if he stays henshined the whole time or not (and begs the question on whether he's capable of nourishing or relieving himself, like KickHopper mentioned).
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

@Kickhopper. Good explaination KickHopper, actually I didn't get that first.*

*When watching toku, my mind turns into of a five year old. Maybe kids did not get it too the first time.

Yeah, Grandma is creepy in person.

Since Kabuto is my favorite series, I'm kind of disappointed of them not focusing Souji's greatness arrogance. Oh well, at least this Souji focused on his family-mindedness.
Last edited by monritche on Wed May 20, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arigomi
Save the life

Post by Arigomi »

KickHopper wrote:Unless Clock Up doesn't speed up the user, it slows down time around the user. In which case, he's ok, and he can still eat and drink.
Either way, you have to account for the effects of time dilation. If he stays in the Clock Up state too long, everyone around would noticeably age much faster than him.

It is a little sad to see Kaitou's IQ plummet with every subsequent episode. I'm surprised that Tsukasa's explanation about the pepper was historically accurate.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

For some reason, I thought that Souji was in more than a state of being clocked up. Didn't the newscaster also say he was being swept through time. For some reason I just feel like he's just going so fast, that he exists at every point in time or something
TNshadow2
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva

Post by TNshadow2 »

takenoko wrote:For some reason, I thought that Souji was in more than a state of being clocked up. Didn't the newscaster also say he was being swept through time. For some reason I just feel like he's just going so fast, that he exists at every point in time or something
in a sense that's true, since being in clock up feels like going through time. i'm actually in the middle of going through kabuto series again, so i might be able to give a more accurate answer later.

in the end of the ep. it was good, yet sad at the same time.
Spoiler
Tsukasa = Tendou Souji (similar)
Kabuto has to return to the Clock Up world
Mayu returned to the Oden
Narutaki = Oni in Hibiki's world (maybe?)

the 'symphony' version of the Gackt's song was appropirate for the ending, too.
Last edited by TNshadow2 on Thu May 21, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Arigomi wrote:
KickHopper wrote:Unless Clock Up doesn't speed up the user, it slows down time around the user. In which case, he's ok, and he can still eat and drink.
Either way, you have to account for the effects of time dilation. If he stays in the Clock Up state too long, everyone around would noticeably age much faster than him.
Actually, it's the other way around.

Time is SLOWED down when one is in Clock up. Kabuto would be aging faster than the world around him instead.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thinking about it more, this is assuming that time is flowing at a different rate inside the suit than outside. It could just be that Kabuto is moving really quickly, but time still flows the same for him as the outside world
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Speed is relative to time - this is the scientific theory that are currently looking into as means to travel in space. When things move at incredible speeds, it's natural that everything else around is slowed down, but that also includes one's own aging progression. We can't see the difference in reality because none of us are moving even close to those speeds, but if we're to assume that Clock Up is moving near the speed of light, it will have an effect on the user's age as it moves on a different rate than the rest of the world's.

I'd find it hard to believe that Kabuto's user, inside the suit, is still aging at the same rate as the outside world. For the suit to be used in a "Clock Up" dimension at that speed, you'd also have to speed up it's user.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really don't think they're moving anywhere near the speed of light. It's somewhere between moving at speeds faster than the human eye can perceive and that, since regular people can observe them, albeit as blurs. And I think the time relativity theory only applies when at speeds on the level of speed of light
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

I agree, and I mentioned that in the last post.

We really don't actually know how fast everyone is going in Clock Up though. As everyone already mentions, it's inconsistent.

But what I want to consider is how long Kabuto's been in Clock up. I think someone mentioned previously - If a minute in Clock up is 1 second in real-time, then we're looking at one hour in Clock Up being a minute in Real time, and a day being 24 minutes.

Even if it was half that time, or quarter, it's still pretty significant is Kabuto's been in that state. It still has an effect, IMO.

Anyway, his disappearance is drastic regardless if we follow this.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm still not sure that analogy works at sub-light speed levels. Let's say it takes 1 hour to travel 1KM for person A and 60 hours to travel 1KM for person B. No one would say that time must be moving faster for person A just because he's faster than person B
Arigomi
Save the life

Post by Arigomi »

I should have known better than to bring up the topic of time dilation for a kids show. :( It is one of the least intuitive concepts in physics besides the uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics.

Time dilation happens all the time in normal life but the effect is so tiny we don't notice it, can't measure it, and don't care. That is why physicists like dealing with situations at least 1/10 the speed of light.

WoZ is trying to point out that the equations deal with the size of the time interval you are measuring. As the time interval gets larger, so will the effects of time dilation.
Shin Dragon
7X

Post by Shin Dragon »

Don't you love how they snuck that little homage with Kabuto pointing to the sun at the end in there? And the part where Tsusaka says he is stronger than everyone? :shock:

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”