2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Re: Decade 18 released

Post by CrimsonJoker »

Great episode. Im sorry if I sound like a noob here when I asked this, Ive not watched much Hibiki.

But, what is with all the naked people?
Image Image
Image Image
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

CrimsonJoker wrote:Great episode. Im sorry if I sound like a noob here when I asked this, Ive not watched much Hibiki.

But, what is with all the naked people?
from what i heard, they burn/rip their clothes off when henshining
Twitter
iamawesome.com
Ryu Serpentine
Adventure
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Ryu Serpentine »

Ok i just started Hibiki, so I don't know much. But th thin I did notice was the Kanji coming on screen like in Hibiki.

What I am more interested in actually has to nothing to do with the Hibiki world. It seems like Diend summoned the actual Momotaros. Though i guess it could be a puppet that(for a lack of a better phrase) had the personality downloaded into it.

Edit: almost forot the facepalm I did at "Granpa said this"
Last edited by Ryu Serpentine on Thu May 28, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah their clothes disappear when they transformed into their oni forms but they can control how much of the oni outfit can be removed one time. I'm glad that Decade did reference the aftereffect of the oni transformation sequence.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

It wouldn't be possible for Diend to summon the original riders. All the summons so far are ready to engage in combat, if they were the original, there most certainly be a moment of awkwardness before they fight. Try imagine yourself being a rider and Diend suddenly summons you while you're in the toilet, how would you feel?
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

StagBeetle wrote:Try imagine yourself being a rider and Diend suddenly summons you while you're in the toilet, how would you feel?
I'd feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Twitter
iamawesome.com
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

大変身 wrote:
StagBeetle wrote:Try imagine yourself being a rider and Diend suddenly summons you while you're in the toilet, how would you feel?
img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... rTaiga.jpg[/img]
I'd feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Bad joke is BAD!

From what I recall of Hibiki, their Oni forms are their real forms, so they actually burn away both their clothing and their human flesh to show off their true selves. Their human flesh is a disguise that they form around them to blend into society when they're not fighting. The clothing is not part of their ability to disguise themselves though, so when they reform their human flesh, they are naked. Which is why they often opt to just form the human face and not the whole body.

So what they really mean by Masked Rider in Hibiki is that their human face is actually their mask.
ImageImage
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I like the idea of dueling martial arts schools in this story. So they brought in Momo for the whole Oni thing with Hibki not very surprising, but i'm surprised he actually held his own their without Decade kick his butt.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

KickHopper wrote:
From what I recall of Hibiki, their Oni forms are their real forms, so they actually burn away both their clothing and their human flesh to show off their true selves. Their human flesh is a disguise that they form around them to blend into society when they're not fighting. The clothing is not part of their ability to disguise themselves though, so when they reform their human flesh, they are naked. Which is why they often opt to just form the human face and not the whole body.

So what they really mean by Masked Rider in Hibiki is that their human face is actually their mask.
Something like that. I have to admit as much as I love Hibiki and have watched it thru several times, how that worked was never really clear to me. I do remember that Todoroki and Zanki seemed to have the most trouble with ending up naked (and no one was following them around with the Shinkenger's screens)

I've got a soft spot for Todoroki, he's just such a energetic but bumbling but well meaning guy. Its good to see he's not changed. It does bring an interesting question though...as someone pointed out, he seems to still be Todayama(?) here, so who was the Todoroki that was summoned earlier in the series to make things go boom and then disappear?

Zanki I'm disappointed in...it seemed like Mr. Matsuda forgot how to not be Jirou...Zanki was much more laid back than that...but it is nice to see him alive again.

I loved that they included that title cards in the middle of scenes. For the most part they did this episode very very well and I'm really happy with it. I wish they hadn't gone so young for Asumu, but he did an ok job with it. I'm even ok with how they took Hibiki himself, I think...he always had a sort of "I really just want to relax and retire, but I'll fight because I'm supposed to" attitude...this was just a different aspect of it.

Something looked different about Ibuki and Akira, but I can't put my finger on it. I had to look twice to be sure they were the same actors...I think they were.

A little disappointed they went with the guys in costume Makamous (summer type) and not the big scary crabs and things, but that's ok. Also I'm sad that there was not one disk animal in the whole episode.

I can't wait to see where they go with it after Hibiki world...just keep watching for Natsumi to put on that pretty white dress, that's when the big fight starts.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Do we have to explain how the series works AGAIN? When Riders are summoned, as has been seen before, they appear to be summoned from the Original Universe (OU) worlds, rather than the Alternate Universe (AU) worlds that Decade has been traveling through. This was evident with the Hopper brothers in Episode 2 still having the same voices (assuming the same people as Riders) and the same demeanor. Same with Kaixa in Episode 4 and IXA in Episode 16. So it's safe to assume that the Todoroki summoned before was the original Todoroki.

That also means that the Momo summoned in this episode is the original Momotaros, and not the AU Momo that Decade met and fought with. Which explains why he so readily attacks Decade as well as everyone else.

I have to wonder about the Ryuki being a bullfighter thing. Is it because his suit is predominantly the brightest red of any of the main riders?
ImageImage
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

KickHopper wrote:Do we have to explain how the series works AGAIN? When Riders are summoned, as has been seen before, they appear to be summoned from the Original Universe (OU) worlds, rather than the Alternate Universe (AU) worlds that Decade has been traveling through. This was evident with the Hopper brothers in Episode 2 still having the same voices (assuming the same people as Riders) and the same demeanor. Same with Kaixa in Episode 4 and IXA in Episode 16. So it's safe to assume that the Todoroki summoned before was the original Todoroki.
Ok...I'll accept that until something contradicts it.

Final Form Ride - Giant drumstick? Giant drum? Giant disk bird?

The Hibiki band needs a keyboard Oni...they already have drums, guitar and trumpet covered.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

KickHopper wrote: From what I recall of Hibiki, their Oni forms are their real forms, so they actually burn away both their clothing and their human flesh to show off their true selves. Their human flesh is a disguise that they form around them to blend into society when they're not fighting. The clothing is not part of their ability to disguise themselves though, so when they reform their human flesh, they are naked. Which is why they often opt to just form the human face and not the whole body.

So, it must be different for this AU. When Zanki & Ibuki got their ass kicked and was on the ground, I heard something like a siren and their followers quickly cover them up. To me, this seems like they're reverting back to human form. If their Oni form is their true form, then there shoudn't be any problem maintaining that form and don't have to worry about changing to a naked man when they got beaten.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

StagBeetle wrote:
KickHopper wrote: From what I recall of Hibiki, their Oni forms are their real forms, so they actually burn away both their clothing and their human flesh to show off their true selves. Their human flesh is a disguise that they form around them to blend into society when they're not fighting. The clothing is not part of their ability to disguise themselves though, so when they reform their human flesh, they are naked. Which is why they often opt to just form the human face and not the whole body.

So, it must be different for this AU. When Zanki & Ibuki got their ass kicked and was on the ground, I heard something like a siren and their followers quickly cover them up. To me, this seems like they're reverting back to human form. If their Oni form is their true form, then there shoudn't be any problem maintaining that form and don't have to worry about changing to a naked man when they got beaten.
Yeah that bit was interesting. Reminded me of classic Ultraman. Maybe because they're humans who became Oni, they can only remain as Oni for so long before sealing that form away under the human form?
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>You'd think Toei wouldn't care as much about this world given how the Hibiki season doesn't exist to them

According to the anti-fans :p People talking != fact

>Mr. Matsuda forgot how to not be Jirou...

Agreed. But at least we know why he didn't appear in Kiva world

>Something looked different about Ibuki and Akira, but I can't put my finger on it. I had to look twice to be sure they were the same actors...I think they were.

Yup. It has been 4-5 years. Remember you can see Akira's actress in Keitai 17 and 34

Overall, I don't feel like DiEnd summons anyone any more than Decade becomes a Rider. It all looks like hologram technology (see Momotaros or Decade hitting the wall, then disappearing into a puff of light)
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Sarcasm much?

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”