< Kiva | Decade | W >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Decade 19 Released

Post by takenoko » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 pm

mindwarp wrote:Said stuff.
Yeah, if you could post a picture, that'd be appreciated

Just looking at the Decade webpage, all the human form names are in katakana, while the Rider names are written with kanji

Edit: NM, found it on my own, it does say Amaki:

Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 pm

One of the main things that stood out in this episode was Narutaki's appearance to Natsumi.

In this situation, if we hadn't known anything about Decade or Narutaki, doesn't it seem like Narutaki is the good guy and Decade is actually a villian? Despite his creepiness, he seems that he's trying to genuinely prevent Decade from destroying the world. And what does Natsumi have to do with it all, anyway? The only connection we know, after all, is a dream.

I'm extremely curious now about who Decade really was in the past. Starting after this episode, things will take a step in that direction. I can't wait to see what's next.

Back on episode topic, this final battle = epic.

GIANT ENEMY CRAB

HIT ITS WEAK SPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE

Crimzonite
Gabu

Post by Crimzonite » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Awesome. Just awesome. Akira transforms, lasts a lot longer than 2 seconds, we get a good look at her oni form, and she gets an official oni name. This more than makes up for her brief stint in the original Hibiki series.

This is one of the reasons why I like Decade. We get the chance to see stuff we never got to see (or in this case, stuff we barely got to see).

And Decade, Diend, and the oni teaming up to defeat the Bakegani? Nothing short of epic.

Battra
Humongous
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2ndFavoriteSeries: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Nice twist for this episode making Kaito the one to get Hibki to pass his powers down to his student, and ultimately giving Decade the Hibiki card.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Chabii-
Mega
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:50 pm

The final battle was just... idk. I was holding a spool of thread in my right hand and the end at my left and just stared at the screen, amazed... until I saw the kanji cards for sea cucumber and pink flash through my screen. Srs biz is srs. What is a sea cucumber, anyway.

The song they did was kinda familiar. It's not from the two Decade songs; I think it's from one of Hibiki's. brb, will be comparing to the first opening.

Random, but 'Tenki' means 'heaven oni/demon', right?
Hen... shin... TOH!

kuru123
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by kuru123 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 pm

this ep considered one of the best so far .. IMO
final battle plus with the music is superb.

what will happen next...
hope that the story get interesting more and more ...

kudos to TV-Nihon for the episodes! :D

TNshadow2
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider Kiva

Post by TNshadow2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:41 pm

the ending for this episode was very good. even though i haven't seen hibiki series, this sounded like a good way to end it. the riders all coming together in the end was nice.

the preview for the next episode...

[WoZ delete]

...which shouldn't be discussed in this thread, even if wrapped in spoiler tags. Please read the rules.

looks so epic

thank you TV-Nihon for subbing early this week

Sanki

Post by Sanki » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 am

Despite the little issue of the Tenki/Amaki bit, I loved this episode. I don't mind a little slip up like that, since without furigana on the main site, or in the episode, it was basically a shot in the dark. though with the last name of Amami in the original series, the Amaki reading to me made sense.

But it's not that big of a deal, it's not like they said her name, and had the subtitles saying something else.

I know from the magazine scan that it's Amami, so to me that's all that matters.

I love her design. Since they didn't give her some totally original outfit. After all when she did her attempted transformation in Hibiki, she had the same undersuit and gloves, as Ibuki, no chest armor, and I don't think we got to see the head.

spoiler]And to those who say it's the same as Ibuki, it's slightly different. In the scene where you see both Ibuki and Amaki next to each other you can see she has more padding, and thus her vest/chest armor is open more than Ibuki's.[/spoiler]

As for Asumu, I would of preferred if the passing of the torch was handled differently.
spoiler]Like if He went from the silver outfit of Asumu Henshinform/Kirya's Oni form, to the Hibiki suit after receiving Hibiki's Tuning fork, during the heart to heart moment between Asumu and Hibiki. I think that would of looked pretty cool.[/spoiler]

Well now to look forward to the next part of Decade, and the mysteries that await us, since it's probably not going to be an easy to figure out 2 episodes of Series X followed by 2 episodes of Series Y, like the past 18 episodes were.

zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 am

Like everyone else said, Hibiki's Final Form Ride Battle/Orchesta was simply superb. Having played the trumpet before, I especially enjoyed the trumpet line.

That line-up shot of all Seven Riders after the battle was pretty cool too.

TNshadow2
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider Kiva

Post by TNshadow2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 am

TNshadow2 wrote:the ending for this episode was very good. even though i haven't seen hibiki series, this sounded like a good way to end it. the riders all coming together in the end was nice.

the preview for the next episode...

[WoZ delete]

...which shouldn't be discussed in this thread, even if wrapped in spoiler tags. Please read the rules.

looks so epic

thank you TV-Nihon for subbing early this week

sorry for that, still new at to the forum and in need of rereading the rules

KusakabeHaine
Favorite series: Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: Faiz
My boom: Cosplaying Kabuto

Post by KusakabeHaine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:59 am

I've watched a few episodes of OU Hibiki. But this AU felt like the original one.

Hibiki arc was the exclamation point of this 9-world-rollercoaster-ride. lol

And they showed kaito's "soft side", erasing his anti-hero aura.

How did narutaki obtain the tuning fork to begin with? @__@;

After saying "let's see what the next world is" and pulling down the next backdrop intentionally, i think old man hikari is starting to show his true colors now.

Squizz
Infinity
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Cutie Honey the Live

Post by Squizz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:11 am

This is my favourite Decade world easy :D I'm glad they didnt use the original Hibiki, as I couldn't have watched him die.
I feel like I got the Hibiki ending I always wanted, Akira and Asumu finally becoming Oni. Mind you the original Hibiki cast must have the record for most appearances in other Kamen Rider shows now easily. This to me also feels like a huge we're sorry , we shouldn't have meddled with the end of Hibki, here have your Kanji screenshots back :lol:

Blame Doctor Who, but I can't help thinking Diend's done this all before Decade.

ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:09 am

Great epsiode, nice ending for the Hibiki World... Some thoughts about the episode...
- If Tsukasa can just change into Den-O without turning into Sword Form first, then the "Nakerude" card was useless (and so are the other Den-O attack ride cards)

- The younger generation taking over their masters is a great story, although if Zanki and Ibuki gave their henshin device, how come they can transform again at the final battle? Perhaps that explains why only their head aren't transformed?

- The final battle was awesome, 6 musical finishers!

Also... For some reason I can see a lot of Mots material in this episode... hmm...
And I want to go and see the Kamen Rider Musical Live Show!!!
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"

Kuro
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kuro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:40 am

Warrior of Zarona wrote:I didn't get to take a look at it yet since I'm at work, but all the Oni's names are what they're actually called outside of it, right?

Hibiki the oni is Hibiki the man. The same with Ibuki and Zanki. Even Todoroki.

I think I remember them mentioning Akira's full name in the last episode. I'm assuming her surname is also her oni name, isn't it?

Can someone confirm that?
I don't know her surname but going by OU logic most certainly not. In OU once an Oni completes his training he discards his normal name and is henceforth known and called by his oni name only. For example before Zanki inherited his oni name he was called Zaitsuhara...something...I don't remember his complete name...
However this is going by OU logic so it could all be null and void in Decade

kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2ndFavoriteSeries: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:42 am

ShadowX7 wrote:- If Tsukasa can just change into Den-O without turning into Sword Form first, then the "Nakerude" card was useless (and so are the other Den-O attack ride cards)
Yeah I guess Tsukasa just got unlucky with his cards when he used Den-O in Kabuto World. Now we see that Den-O is actually useful. XD He also seems to remember the fight against Axe Form in Den-O World too, since he decided to use that one to stop Gyuuki from charging.

Anyway, wow. This episode blew me away. I don't think I could have asked for anything more. Well, except maybe Ouja actually doing something. And the whole Bakegani thing was weird. "The legendary Makamou couldn't defeat you, but this giant crab will!"

So yeah. Absolutely fantastic episode. Even better than the last, and I didn't think that was possible. I'm still listening to that final battle song even right now as I type this up. XD

Man, I think I'm gonna rewatch Hibiki again...

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”