Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIP
My boom: HENSHIN!!!

Re: Best and worst world in Decade?

Post by Inferno_Angel »

For me, the best world is Hibiki. :D
The worst world?
I think Kiva world is the worst world....
通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!
Tōrisugari no Kamen Raidā da, oboeteoke!
Just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!

Henshin!

KAMENRIDE
DECADE

gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I loved Hibiki world the most. I think the worst was Agito. Even though making the 3 guys into one character was an ingenious idea. The guy didn't do the henshin pose very well, and the story was kinda weak, comparing it to the others.

2nd best would've been Kuuga's. Kuuga's first appearance was really epic, jumping through that crowd ready to punch a bunch of grongis in their faces.

Kabuto was okay, I guess. Grandma wasn't as awesome as I figured she'd be(even though this is AU), in the end Souji didn't say atleast one 'Obaa-chan said this', even so, they kept with the original story with adding Mayu as a mix between OU Tendou's real sister and obaa-chan sister.

Ryuki world was abit weird, since when I watched it, I recently just finished watching the last season of Ally Mcbeal, so putting law into the hands of various people through the Rider Judgement Battle was kinda wrong. for me.
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Ranking from Worst to Best...

9. Den-O
Personally, I felt that Den-O was the worst world. Not that I hated the original series - actually, I like it a lot, and I have the Sword Form sound as my ringtone. However, Decade didn't take the Den-O world seriously at all. It was just screwing around with Momotaros, and a lot of cheezy slapstick. It was stupid, and while Den-O could get pretty silly at time, it was never stupid.

8./7.
After that, it's a toss up between Ryuki and Blade... leaning a little towards Blade though.

Blade
I didn't hate the Salaryman Kamen Rider system of Blade's world, but I did hate how Tsukasa didn't actually do anything to fix Blade's problems until the very end, or when he had to step in for fights. In fact, Yuusuke had to constantly step in for him and do some liberal interpreting in order to convince Blade to believe in Tsukasa. And suddenly, Tsukasa makes a little speech and Blade believes in him? What? No. I require better storytelling, sir.

Ryuki
I didn't hate the Kamen Rider Trial sytem of Ryuki's world either... but I did think it was awfully silly. No, scratch that, it was stupid. Especially if this is supposed to replace the order and process of an actual court trial. I mean, how long do you think it would take to process each crime? Do they have to do this every time, even for open and shut cases? Why don't they just have the prosecutioner and the defense attorney battle each other to determine the outcome? And why would they let people who are obviously connected to the crime/accused in on the battle!? Ugh.

6. Kiva
Next up is Kiva. Now, while I do hate horror-themed stories/shows/books/comics in general, and vampires especially, I read enough good things about Kiva that I am willing to try to watch the original series. However, when Decade (the show, not Tsukasa himself) brought in a little kid and introduced him as Kiva... you can bet your bottom dollar I was a confused little viewer. It didn't help that he was a whiny little emo kid in a suit who couldn't play the violin either. The violin music and the decent story behind the arc helps place it out of failing range, but it definitely has no place in my top 5 list.

My Top 5 Favorites

5. Kuuga
Kuuga's story was well done in that it introduced us to the whole world-travelling concept, and did a good job of setting up both Tsukasa's and Yuusuke's characters. A little more noise could have been made about how Yuusuke's Henshin supposedly places a strain on his body, but there is no harm in its absence either. I also liked how Yuusuke's relationship with the police lady selfishly defined his view on how he acted as a Kamen Rider, but was also the catalyst for Yuusuke working to save more people as a Kamen Rider as well. It goes without saying that the continuation of that story is the reason why number 4 is...

4. Agito
I think the way the Agito/G3/Gills characters were all combined into one person was well done. Running away from your problems because of your evolution into some kind of monster... The reaction was very humanist, very understandable. And Yuusuke's frustration with his attempts to please this world's analogue of his "Ane-san" was also relatable as well. It was a little confusing seeing both Grongi and... uh, whatever the Agito creatures were called in the same episode, but I thought the story was well done.

3. Hibiki
I know, I know... the final battle concert thing with the giant enemy crab was friggin' awesome. And actually, the story wasn't all that bad either. However, the Hibiki that I knew wasn't so... uh, mid-life crisis. That was really just dumb. If the battles in this arc weren't so epic, this would've placed below Agito.

2./1.
My top two favorite arcs are a toss-up between Faiz and Kabuto, with leanings toward Kabuto.

Faiz
I love the Faiz world in general. The concept of only allowing the monsters to transform into the Kamen Riders has some strange, compelling attraction to me. And the translation of the Smart Brain corporation into the Smart Brain highschool was pretty well done. It was pretty unfortunate that not a lot of time was dedicated to how Orphenochs kill their victims... or, for that matter, all the interplay between characters that made the original series so dramatic. But as someone else said, the introduction of Diend was pretty epic, and while the story was shortened to make room for Kaito's introduction, it was still a well done arc that displayed the values of the Faiz world - "Protect Dreams!"

Kabuto
I've never watched Kabuto, but I really, really want to after watching this arc. Kabuto doesn't even really show up properly until the second half of the arc, and the story still works out amazingly well. The identity crisis of being a Worm, the relationship between the girl and Kabuto, Grandma's teachings, and Kabuto being made an enemy of the state for being trapped in the Clock Up dimension. Just... just epic. And then the resolution of the problem, the Worm who created the Clock Down system, and Kabuto's re-integration into the Clock Up dimension... that was beautiful. I really liked that world. Tsukasa did good as a passing through masked problem solver in that world.

So, to summarize:
9. Den-O
8. Blade
7. Ryuki
6. Kiva
5. Kuuga
4. Agito
3. Hibiki
2. Faiz
1. Kabuto
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

Dimension-Crash wrote:It was a little confusing seeing both Grongi and... uh, whatever the Agito creatures were called in the same episode
They are called "Unknowns"...yeah, technically that's not a name, but its what they were called.
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Iaatix wrote:
Dimension-Crash wrote:It was a little confusing seeing both Grongi and... uh, whatever the Agito creatures were called in the same episode
They are called "Unknowns"...yeah, technically that's not a name, but its what they were called.
Thanks... I'd forgotten. ^_^;
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Hibiki for me was the best one. Getting most of the cast back. Along with Asumu and Akira becoming oni, was great.
Worst one I say is Blade. They go from this epic fight, Blade turning into the second Joker, to jackasses that care about ranks and segregation. WTF?
stoopidphukr
Gao

Post by stoopidphukr »

the best one to me was probably hibiki's world (even with tsukasa's hair >.>)
it was the first time i was exposed to hibiki.
i was always discouraged to watch the series from the suit designs but after watching the 2 episodes, i was hooked. The way they incorporate music is very interesting.

the worse was probably blade and ryuki
i dont know about you guys but i think the storylines for the 2 worlds shouldve been switched.

ryuki
3 different companys each with their own 4 riders competing with each other to defeat mirror monsters so they get paid
ryuki trying to inspire/unite the company to fight for peace instead of personal gains

blade
4 rider court trial (more practical than 13)
blade uses spade 10 (time) to travel back.. better than making up a time vent.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Yeah, but then how would Paradoxa Undead be Abyss?
stoopidphukr
Gao

Post by stoopidphukr »

paradoxa can be himself in the new blade world as someone that wants to frame an innocent guy and right before he gets killed by blade, he escapes into new ryuki's world and becomes abyss. In ryuki's world, he can cause confusion, making the different companies have misunderstandings and targeting one another.
sorry if this is off topic :oops:
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

For me the best world is currently the "Nega" World (Add it in the poll please), there's just so much funny scene between Tsukasa and Yuusuke

And all the cool "Dark" Riders are there, and even Otoya is there

The second best world would be Hibiki, liked the story and the "7 finishers" at the end

The third best world would be between Kabuto and Blade, Blade's story was pretty funny, and in Kabuto we get to see Accel Faiz vs. Clock Up System

The worst would be Kiva I guess, no it wasn't the kid that ruined it, but I think the story was just too random for me...
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Rider Tristan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: The current Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Double/W
My boom: Decade's Conga Beat

Post by Rider Tristan »

stoopidphukr wrote:better than making up a time vent.
...wha? You must not have watched enough Ryuki. Of course there's a time vent! In fact, there's a whole episode based on the effect of the usage. Also I'm pretty sure Spade 10 only freezes time. Maybe. That's how the monster worked, anyhow.
There's a reason why Decade AU Odin's user has not been shown...
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Of the 9 worlds, my favorite arc turned out to be Kuuga. Ironic, since it's the only Heisei series I still haven't watched. I enjoyed it the first time around and, upon subsequent re-watches, I find more and more to like about it. The characters are so dynamic, especially given that we're still getting introduced to them. There's lots of action, lots of foreshadowing, the introduction of what will become staples of the show (most notably the first use of Decade's catch-phrase and the world lesson speech) and an ending that truly took me by surprise.

Least favorite arc is probably Blade. It wasn't bad, but it didn't have a storyline that I found very interesting. I also had a hard time restraining from comparing the recasts to the original actors, which really annoys me because I adored Hiroki Suzuki in Fuuma. He had some good scenes in the second episode, but not enough to make me think the story wasn't weak.

The only other world I had a hard time engaging in was Kiva, which I blame squarely on how close it aired compared to the actual series. Young Wataru didn't bother me (if anything, I thought it was a great decision to amplify the pressure that was on his shoulders), but I couldn't connect to this storyline either. I think I'll try re-watching this arc soon and give it another try.

Loved Den-O, but then again I loved the series and all of its subsequent incarnations. Imagin hi-jinks (almost) never fail to amuse me. I'm curious if the Den-O/Decade movie might make me re-evaluate its success.

Hibiki was another world I enjoyed. Yes, the concert finisher was epic and really stole the arc's thunder, but the entire reinterpretation was great. It could have backfired very easily if the story wasn't written as well as it was. Of course, it was great to see so much of the original cast returning.

Kabuto was okay for me. Of all the worlds, it seemed to be the most "true" to the original plot. It felt kind of like watching the whole series in a fraction of the time.

Kamen Rider Legal System, aka Ryuki, automatically won a dear place in my heart because of the crazy premise of the alternate world. It also featured one of my favorite world lesson speeches and Decade pretty much doing Ryuki's Final Vent.

What's left? Agito? Dunno why, but I liked it. Nothing particularly special, but it was a solidly good story. The Yuusuke/Daiki showdown in the garage was awesome.

Faiz? Not long before this aired, I remember reading a complaint about the villains in the original Faiz being too focused on maintaining their clique and not being any scarier than the popular kids at a high school. With that in mind, I chuckled through much of this arc. I don't know anything about TeniMyu, but I enjoyed that the writers worked in such a blatant reference. It was nice to see DiEnd in action after his introduction in Blade's world, but I did not like Ride the Wind following the Decade henshin the first time I heard it. (It's grown on me quite a bit since then.) Like Kabuto, this arc did a pretty good job of encapsulating the entire series in two episodes. Actually, it was really well done.
kamenzero
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akihabara@deep
Dreamy: Maya sama
Favorite Actor?: yuuki sato
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: J-Dramas

Post by kamenzero »

Kuuga's World: other than Yuusuke's touching good bye to detective Yashiro, it was mainly crap... I mean nothing interesting what so ever.

Kiva's World: If I ever quit watching decade, I will blame it all on kiva's world.... of all the worlds, I think this is the closest image of what would happen if Decade becomes a Yaoi live action show... just the thought of it scares me!

Ryuki's World: The best world to live in, in my opinion, you decide everything in the mirror world, and you don't die in the mirror world(unlike the original series).

Blade's World: if I was a greedy kamen rider looking for money, this is the world I would go... Kamen rider salary man (perfect)

Faiz's World: damn, I want to steal a belt from the rubble... why can't there just be a destroyed building filled with abandoned kamen rider belts...

Agito's World: other than Kuuga's world, I have not seen another world which is as boring as this world is...

Den-O's World: it was a funny world to be in, especially when Ura, Kin, and Ryutarosu all went into natsumi and tsukasa, that was awesome how the show change of characters look.

Kabuto's World: scary thought of being stuck in the clock up world still haunts me...NOT

Hibiki's World: there is a matsuri everytime when the riders have to fight

and here is my ranking accordin to the above
Hibiki > Blade > Den-O > Faiz > Ryuki > Kabuto > Kuuga > Agito > Kiva
Which are you?:
Fuuzu no michi o iki, fuuzu ni ikiteru
Tadano Hito
or
Aitou no michi o iki, tsubete wo aishiteru no yaro
Ero Oyaji
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The best world for me would be Kabuto's world as the episodes really had the feel of the original show. Plus, the storyline was very interesting especially about Kabuto being stuck in Clock Up mode. The second best world would have to be Hibiki. Besides most of the original actors being in the episodes, it had the feel of the original series as well. Plus, I felt that the two eps gave a better conclusion compared to what was happened in the original show.
Goty
Adventure
Favorite series: Faiz/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Jetman

Post by Goty »

Dimension-Crash wrote:9. Den-O
Personally, I felt that Den-O was the worst world. Not that I hated the original series - actually, I like it a lot, and I have the Sword Form sound as my ringtone. However, Decade didn't take the Den-O world seriously at all. It was just screwing around with Momotaros, and a lot of cheezy slapstick. It was stupid, and while Den-O could get pretty silly at time, it was never stupid.
Pretty much summed my thoughts up. Den-o's world was terribly painful to watch: just a bunch of random silliness going on with no tentative of plot AT ALL. Agito was quite disappointing also.
Personally i thought Faiz and Kabuto were pretty good, but Hibiki was the best - and that was a pleasant surprise.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”