Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Best and worst world in Decade?

Post by Dengar »

I like to call myself an adult, yet Den-O appealed to me. A lot.

Well, I admit I am sort of a kid inside, but everyone should be like that.
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Yamitama wrote:
Dimension-Crash wrote:9. Den-O
Personally, I felt that Den-O was the worst world. Not that I hated the original series - actually, I like it a lot, and I have the Sword Form sound as my ringtone. However, Decade didn't take the Den-O world seriously at all. It was just screwing around with Momotaros, and a lot of cheezy slapstick. It was stupid, and while Den-O could get pretty silly at time, it was never stupid.
people have different ops on the different series as it appeals to certain ages. Kuuga was more for adults than it was for kids. From Agito-->Hibiki the levels start to differ Agito was becoming more of both and on Ryuki it was trying to appeal a lot on teenagers. However in Faiz the story becomes a bit more adult again as the fighting and the races makes the story feel very teenage to adult. Blade was trying to merge the audiences together therefore it appealed to both. However in Hibiki the story gets a little more one sided as this new changes to the kamen rider is different from the other genres. This also brang in animal creatures for children for the first time such as disc monsters.

However in Den O this constant stuggle experimented alot on left winged story line so therefore it did not really appeal to more adult audiences and concentrated marketing on children.
It may be true that Den-O mainly targeted a younger demographic in Japan... but that doesn't really mean that they had to fill the Den-O story arc in Decade with ridiculous slapstick. Personally, rather than summing up the series, I thought they were making fun of it. They seemed to focus more on beating up Momotaros and making fun of his personality rather than the "plot" of rediscovering Momo's self-image.

As I said before, Den-O might be silly at times, but it was never stupid. The Den-O arc in Decade? That was stupid. It was almost Shin-chan stupid.
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
hisakuya
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral

Post by hisakuya »

Hibiki is the best because it retains most of the elements that made it unique.

I can't comment which is the worst since I believe that they can be much better if the writers based the stories on the elements that made

that series unique, rather than senselessly adding things that they liked on that series.

For examples, Kiva world would be much be better if they don't introduce Wataru's father. Following the theme of the episode, it is better

that the young Wataru attacks the fangire that attacks human and in turns attacked by humans that attacks him because he is a fangire.

This puts him in dilema since both sides are hostile to him.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Weird how my perception of the Den-O arc is quite the opposite of what some people think. Den-O was exactly like that.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

archer9234 wrote:Hibiki for me was the best one. Getting most of the cast back. Along with Asumu and Akira becoming oni, was great.
Worst one I say is Blade. They go from this epic fight, Blade turning into the second Joker, to jackasses that care about ranks and segregation. WTF?
My thoughts exactly. I didn't like with how all the Blade Riders got turned into corperate ladder climbing jerks to the point one of them used the other as a shield and showed little appreciation that one saved the life of the other which costed the other his rank. Mitsuki.... :evil: Plus did Mitsuki and Tachibana die in the end? I'm just gonna assume yes cause the AU versions deserved it.

Hibiki got my vote for the best with Kabuto a close second. Kabuto has a monopoly at second because we got to see Accel VS Clock-Up. Eeeeeeee :) Although Faiz was pretty funny cause we got to see Tsukasa's actor play tennis again. Did you know he use to be in the PoT musicals? Hilarious. I could hear the fangirls scream.

Hibiki was pure awesome. I'm with the camp that thinks the AU was closest with how the original series should have end and wanted to end. Having Hibiki tragicilly turn into a monster would have been a great plot twist even if Blade had done the same thing just the season before. Having all the pupils turn into onis; honestly who didn't want Asumu to become an oni? And an original song for when they all work together rather then all the individual songs overlapping each other. Grant it was neat having multi finishers, but the group song was awesome.

Oh, and as a former trumpet player the Ibuki part isn't too hard. It uses a pretty standard scale, doesn't reach into the high high notes of the trumpet, and should be well within the range of a average player. Probably the hardest part would be that little fast part towards the end of the song. It'll probably sound a bit sloppy at first until you get a sense of how the notes move.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Solid Ronin
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: NO FEAR! NO PAIN!

Post by Solid Ronin »

I absolutely adore Kabuto... But I hated those episodes. In fact I think its because I love Kabuto so much that I didn't like it.

I liked actually being able to see "Grandmother" but the whole thing just felt. so. And Tendou (while I know its a different universe) just wasn't Tendou. But The Clock Up battle between TheBee and Decade Faiz Accel was awesome.
RidderWannaBe
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai

Post by RidderWannaBe »

i really like kabuto and faiz world when they when to faiz and kabutos world it gives me the feeling of what i felt like when i watch them years ago

least favorite would have to be ryuki and kiva those two worlds doesnt seem to appeal to me much
ikaritheflamezephyer
Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

I enjoyed the Hibiki world even thought its probly one of the lowest on my overall list.
The song at the end that they played to destroy that big crab thing brought it back.

I also liked the Den-O world. Its made me want to watch Den-O now.

Hated the Kabuto world so much i had to pause it and take multiple breaks between it to preserve my sanity.
Yeah sure we saw Tendou's grandma but i hated how Tendou turned out.
I disliked the new Kagami.
Where was Tendou's "Walking the path of heaven, to rule it all!" and "Grandmother said this...."
I would have liked to seen Daisuke and Tsurugi also. (i know time constraint most likely played into this one)
I really really disliked how they took out the little soundbits after the cast off.
I.E. Change Beetle ect.
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
arcane91
Go Go!
Favorite series: KR Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Haga Yruia
Favorite Actor?: David Tennent
Favorite Band: Epik High
My boom: Walking Cellphones?

Post by arcane91 »

ikaritheflamezephyer wrote: I disliked the new Kagami.
That was really the only problem i had with this world i didn't even mind that they messed around with Tendou
Just...Kagami was supposed to be this act first think later type of person. He would of been the first one to rush in the stop any schemes that were going on.

Also TheBee Zecter follows leaders who are about the team and keeping things together. Isn't it that it would leave as soon as the person became selfish?

Currently watching : OOO, Double

Completed : GekiRanger, Kabuto, Kiva, Blade, decade , den-o, 555, Garo, Ryuki, samurai sentai shinkenger, HIbiki , Ketai shousaken 7
Tetra_Urataros
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O wins this one.
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Faiz
Dreamy: Yuri from Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Hajime's actor.
Favorite Band: Home Made Kazoku
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kuri-sama...

Post by Tetra_Urataros »

Here's my assumption of my best and my worst..

I believe Den-O was the best world because they stuck to the usual schtick, most of the original actors were back and a bit better than ever, the original idea of what the Imajin were after, and it had remnants or elements of Final Countdown and Chou Den-O. Also, the opening was changed for the movie with Decade and Den-O. After the Urataros and Kuuga (was it) fight, the action sort of went downhill. Why? It had gotten really boring and random after that. It's as if they lost interest in explanations and what Kaitou was truly after.. However, what made up for the lack of story and seriousness, was the Natsu henshins. Also, I think that it was a fair fight from the start between Decade and Den-O because Den-O has four forms with the exception of Liner form,
Spoiler
Chou form
, and Wing Form.

The worst in my opinion would be Kiva. There were a lot of holes in the story than from what I've seen in the actual series. What also ticked me off was the fact that Otouya was a fangire, and his mother was not. It was also weird with the entire story as far as the fangire goes. What I thought they were going to do with the episode(s) was utilize some of the ending of Kiva--you know...the future Kiva and the storyline there. It didn't entirely let me down, but there were a lot more ideas they could/should have used.

I was also on the edge of putting Kabuto on there, but after all of what happened, it changed my mind. I thought about the whats and whys, and I was rewarded with a decent plot and ending. A mediocre episode was the Hibiki episode.
"A thousand lies, lie behind each word. A million truths isn't as interesting as one lie."
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

I've been pondering about this for quite awhile now...
I find that judging which world is the best or worst by comparing them to its original world and saying that the worst one is the one that deviates farthest away from the original is really not the best criticism.
I mean, how can you say that the world is the worst just because it has the least count of original actors in it or how they don't have the 'feel' of the original?
Tell me which one's better, the AU world where all the actors are recast, with different settings but still maintains the original shows concept and has a kick-ass storyline, OR, the world where all the actors, settings and atmosphere are retained but has the dumbest plotline.
I know 2 episodes are not really enough to make a good arc, but still, it should be judged/critisized in of itself. Comparing it to the original may be good as a different perspective, but it shouldn't be what a judgement is based on. IMHO.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I think I'm one of the very few people who actually liked Ryuki's world. Not only that, but I actually prefer AU Shinji over OU Shinji. He was less whiny in my opinion.

But my top spot is a toss up between Agito and Kabuto. Kabuto was my first and favorite Kamen Rider series and Kabuto World was very faithful to the original. Agito World actually made me want to go out and watch the series. It seems like a very interesting series.

Worst. Eh. I'm going to have to go with Kiva. It was rather boring. I didn't mind that they made Kiva into a kid, but it just didn't seem to capture the essence of the original show like the others did somewhat.
redcat5

Post by redcat5 »

i like den-o
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

Kurow wrote:Decade already have the 9 cards and the journey around the worlds is over.(.
Trust me man, the journey around the worlds is not over, i think some more riders are gonna be seen.
"Lady Luck is smilin"
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Your favourite Decade World

Post by AeonRanger »

So what was everyones Heisei world that was re-created in Decade. For me it was Ryuki because even though the idea for having a rider trial was weird it actually played out pretty well. so what was everyones favourite world out of the 9 heisei riders.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”