Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kamen Rider Popularity vs Super Sentai

Post by rizefall »

I dunno if anyone of you has there answers but which one is superior overall in japan nowadays? Kamen rider or super sentai? These shows probably would be enemies but does not look like they are at all. Team up episdoe, team up at the cinema etc.

I also wonder how the rest will look like for Kamen Rider, like the 20th year anniversary. HAHA might be a Decade X2 (LOLZ)

What kind of riders do you wish to appear in the future?
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Kamen Rider Popularity vs Super Sentai

Post by Dengar »

I want a rider who starts out with amnesia and then turns out to be someone who is exactly the same as he was before he got amnesia.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I imagine that if people look at the ratings, Kamen Rider would probably be more popular. It's probably not all that different than looking at the stats on the tracker or the post count on the forums

I was actually thinking about doing a post like this, but I was going to also include a question about why Rescue Fire wasn't doing as well. I think a big part of it is that it's not as well established as the other two series. People do tend to like things that they're already familiar with
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

rizefall wrote:I dunno if anyone of you has there answers but which one is superior overall in japan nowadays? Kamen rider or super sentai? These shows probably would be enemies but does not look like they are at all. Team up episdoe, team up at the cinema etc.

I also wonder how the rest will look like for Kamen Rider, like the 20th year anniversary. HAHA might be a Decade X2 (LOLZ)

What kind of riders do you wish to appear in the future?
AFAIK it's Decade, but the older generation of fans are pulling it up in the ratings (though a buddy of mine in Japan says kids are loving Shinken. ^_^)

as for the NEXT aniversary series (which would be for the 40th) I just they can do something like that last bad-ass aniversary series, which as Dengar knows, contains bad-ass amnesiacs.*secretly hopes that's TN's next project ^_^*
IKKAN KENJO!
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

rizefall wrote:What kind of riders do you wish to appear in the future?
Kamen Rider Planet. Five elemental riders fuses into one rider. Instead of having an amnesia he has a Dissociative Identity Disorder.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

takenoko wrote:I imagine that if people look at the ratings, Kamen Rider would probably be more popular. It's probably not all that different than looking at the stats on the tracker or the post count on the forums

I was actually thinking about doing a post like this, but I was going to also include a question about why Rescue Fire wasn't doing as well. I think a big part of it is that it's not as well established as the other two series. People do tend to like things that they're already familiar with
Sorry for taking thattpoic from you, i dunno if i post in in a bad place, but well here it is!!!
monritche wrote:
Kamen Rider Planet. Five elemental riders fuses into one rider. Instead of having an amnesia he has a Dissociative Identity Disorder.
That sounds pretty cool actully!! xD
"Lady Luck is smilin"
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Kamen Rider has been around 5 years earlier than Super Sentai.

As for the future and doing another Decade esque/ anniversary theme show thats pure fanservice......who knows hell the heisei shows could be put to rest again for all we know one day.

As for a new rider.....as long as the story's good and the character development we'll be fine.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

monritche wrote:
I like it. Captain Planet with multiple personality disorders. One minute he's a evironmentally sensitive white guy; then he's a black man from the motherlands; then a weak willed, kind heart south american; then he'll bust out in a random brooklyn accent and occasionally slips into the mindset of a russian woman; all tied up by an asian chick personality. It'll be like Den-O minus all the trains and latte`.

Personally I'm not sure why Rescue [insert tag] or the Justi-type stuff never grabbed me. I like the CG in Rescue and all but something about the suit actors or film quality bothers me. Also not a fan of the fights and chorography. That probably bothers me more. And for series like the Justi or whatever they are, I love the suit designs but again, fights and chorography are a bit of a let down.

I think a cool rider would be a mystic one based off the 4 gods in Japanese or Chinese lore. I forget the details but the ones about the for directions: North, South, East, West; with the 4 spirits or gods: Dragon, Phoenix, Turtle, and Tiger. It would be cool if it was 1 rider who got all those powers or if they divided them and made 2 or 4 riders have those powers. Or it be cool if one was those 4 gods and another rider had like Raiden, Suuijin, and all those elemental gods as his power set. Then so on and so forth taking from Japanese folklore. We can even have a bug one that switches from Beetle, Mantis, Spider, and Grasshopper. Then the bad guy can be Yamato no Orochii or something. Unless they've already done all that, in which case I need to pick up on some older series.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

TG23 wrote:North, South, East, West; with the 4 spirits or gods: Dragon, Phoenix, Turtle, and Tiger.
Firstly it's not the phoenix, it's the vermillion bird. And it's a tortoise not a turtle.

North Black Tortoise, South Vermillion Bird, East Azure Dragon, West White Tiger.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I always assumed they were fairly equal. The fact that Kamen Rider and Super Sentai is still here while some of the other toku genres have died out (Metal Heroes comes to mind) gives credence to that theory.

Which of the two is more popular depends on the series I suppose.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Hmm, when I was talking to the guy who installed my air conditioning, he acted like it was fairly normal for an adult to be into Kamen Rider, but he didn't make any mention of sentai.

Also, when I'm at the supermarket, there's a ton of stuff marketed to small kids that's Shinkenger, but I don't actually think I saw anything besides tissues and some candy toys that were Decade. Comparatively, Shinkenger had hand towels, pillows, cups, chopsticks, rice bowls, and toys. I wonder if it's maybe more acceptable to still like Kamen Rider as opposed to Sentai even when you grow up.
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

I really hope it becomes big over here for older folks, like if adult swim aired subbed kuuga or agito.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

takenoko wrote:I was actually thinking about doing a post like this, but I was going to also include a question about why Rescue Fire wasn't doing as well. I think a big part of it is that it's not as well established as the other two series. People do tend to like things that they're already familiar with
I can say from personal experience, that I don't watch it because of sort of the very reasons you described. Popularity begets more popularity also. But I can say that with most of the other tokus you guys do, I wait for the recap episode and then watch that to see how it'll go, if there's a recap episode. If not, I wait till I have nothing else to watch or if I want something really different. That's how I got into the J-Dramas.

Personally, I like Kamen Rider more than Sentai. I think maybe Kamen Rider might be more mature or something, I dunno. There's just something about it that's more captivating to me than Sentai. Of course Sentai can be so drastically different every year that it's really hard to say sometimes.

I've worked on various ideas for Kamen Riders, usually some really good ones. If I get this latest joint project done with my girlfriend you'll get to see my mind's ideals in the flesh, so to speak.
ImageImage
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I gave up Sentai when I found Kamen Rider. I found that, IMO, after seeing Blade, there was simply no reason to waste anymore time on a comparatively immature series like Dekaranger. I watched a few episodes of Magiranger after that, but really have not gone back to Sentai since.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Farkov

Post by Farkov »

This comic panel reminds me why I prefer Rider over Sentai.
Spoiler

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”