Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Decade Net Movies released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Wiki

Join the Rider in Pink and his posse in funny misadventures.
Spoiler
Narutaki can be funny without saying "Damn you, Decade." all the time. Slightly confused on why Tackle is the exec of Toei. People realized that DiEnd only runs and doesn't have a bike at all. It had lots of interesting trivia about the Riders which I liked. The Decade helping people do the henshin motions was great especially Amazon's and the Decade one himself. Also watch the Complete versions of 01 and 25 to see what was cut out initially.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Decade Net Movies released

Post by takenoko »

I loved these movies. It's hard not to when it's so full of Rider trivia in them. (Although I think Faiz being based on a shark is a bit BS)

At first I was annoyed with the "transform into xxx Rider" segments, but they turned out to be really funny. In the making of you find out that it's all Narutaki's actor in different outfits. I totally didn't recognize him. The goofy smile on his face when Decade spreads his arms out is priceless

The only thing that I didn't really enjoy was the Rider race, which seemed pointless
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I can barely count how many shades of awesome all of this is XP I would really have to try hard to find a part I actively disliked of these movies. Even the race segments are, for me at least, funny enough for me to like them. spoiler]I mean, that Kamen Rider Black walk... even if he lost the race, he won in my book.[/spoiler]

This, is truly a great release, that is my final attack ride XP
Last edited by takenoko on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary use of spoiler tags
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

Who are you?! Onodera Yuusuke?!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

7/11 Henshin? Easily my favourite part.
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I totally have tried to henshin with my PASMO card just like Narutaki did XD

...Also, I practiced Ryuki's henshin.
CarterSensei
Gao

Post by CarterSensei »

OK, quick show of hands. Who else started practicing their henshin poses while watching this?

Yeah, I thought so. :)

Just a few quick thoughts.
I didn't think something so repetitive was going to hold my attention, but it did. The race segments were silly, but it was clear that the suit actors were having fun with it so I enjoyed it.

As for Decade's armor being poiler]Magenta instead of pink . . . I have to call bovine fecal matter. The fact that Decade can wear pink and still be an unholy badass was a large part of his charm to me. Also, I grew up as a Bret Hart fan, pink and black are ass kicking colors[/spoiler] but that's just my opinion.

It was cool to see inside the world of the suit actors. I've said for years that humans are better than CGI at almost everything and the suit actors make up a lot of the appeal of tokusatsu for me. I'm an ALT and my Japanese is not great (JPLT 3) so "tricks of the trade" of any kind of voiceless entertainment is instructional for me. On a side note I'm also an amateur magician and the decade card flip is a great way to end a card trick.

Thanks TV Nihon. I can't wait for the full movie.
Last edited by takenoko on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary use of spoiler tags
fazril6333
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: agito
2nd Favorite Series: faiz
My boom: ps2

Post by fazril6333 »

Narutaki was soooo comical !!!!!!! Best performance by the cast...lol
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know, I kind of liked Natsumi's wink. Although she's pretty skinny, I don't think she would weigh anything if she lost another 10 kg. Poor fat ShinkenGold, no one appreciates your beer belly
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
Favorite Band: Altima, TM Revolutio
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Dead Frontier

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

because of the net movies, I tried to look for the Showa henshin poses. they're alot more complicated than the Heisei ones, I tell ya. xD

I thought it was already proven that Decade is really pink. Didn't that Hibiki arc episode show the kanji for pink when Decade was playing Rock Band with the Oni?

Natsumi's henshin! So hot and cool at the same time.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

I was surprised that Tsukasa-tachi didn't get scared/disgusted/surprised by Shin's appearence, he was scarier than any heisei kaijin I've seen... :shock:
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:because of the net movies, I tried to look for the Showa henshin poses. they're alot more complicated than the Heisei ones, I tell ya. xD

I thought it was already proven that Decade is really pink. Didn't that Hibiki arc episode show the kanji for pink when Decade was playing Rock Band with the Oni?
Might have been messing around but...I can confirm that Decade's figuart is magentaish but becomes a lighter shade closer to pink when you take pics of it. Has to do with the lighting or something. Kinda like Knight becoming black under certain lights. People may disagree but then the whole Diend being cyanish makes sense as well.
Squizz
Infinity
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live

Post by Squizz »

Narutaki made this XD such an otaku, he was such a ham I loved the technician guy with the fan. I loved seeing all the stunt actor stuff, Kamen Rider wouldn't be the same without them. So it's beer after all thats responsible for Shinkengold's beer belly and not to much sushi? lol

To me Magenta kind of is pink, though I know Wiki isnt the most reliable site in the world but I had seen something there about the Cyan and Magenta and the CMYK process colour choices being related to the photography theme. Though they also mention how Kuuga Ultimate Rising form is yellow and black.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

This was entertaining. I definitely enjoyed the trivia and seeing the suit actor's, also Narutaki strangely works as a commentator playing with the rider figures.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

These were so much fun to watch. You could tell that the entire cast had a blast filming them. It was amusing to see everyone flip back and forth between completely in-character commentary and then break the fourth wall. Seeing the suit actors, especially in a way that let them cut loose and play around a bit, was also great since they're so important to the franchise.

Jirou's Black-style walk during the race was appropriately awesome and silly.

I'm so glad that Tsukasa pointed out to Natsumi that she met L'Arc to counter her complaint that she'd never met a female Kamen Rider, because I was thinking the same thing. And if she met L'Arc, that means she also met Amaki. Silly Natsumi.

It looked like Daiki really hurt himself during the Ichigou Quiz. A little too enthusiastic, eh?

Hmm, I think they gave the wrong answer for the Big Vehicles quiz. If RX technically counted as Heisei for the weapon quiz, shouldn't he count for the vehicle quiz too?

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”