Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Re: Decade Movie: All Riders Versus Dai Shocker

Post by bobgoesw00t »

YAY, THE TVNIHON GODS HAVE BROUGHT US THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS THIS MOVIE, WE MUST BOW DOWN TO THEM IN THANKS! *gets on knees and starts to bow down to the TVNihon gods in thanks while chanting "thank you, thank you so very much"* ROFL, god I crack myself up sometimes.....anyways thanks again for releasing one of the few things I REALLY look forward to downloading each week, you guys here at TVNihon REALLY bring joy to my heart each week, not just because your sub one of my current obsessions (which is Kamen Rider of course), but because you do an AWESOME job doing it. Now, I don't know if this is true, but it seems to me that each time you sub an episode of Kamen Rider or Super Sentai, you put all of your heart and soul that fuels your insane fandom for Japanese television, and you have NO idea how much I thank you for that. OK, I'm done blabbing on about that crap I just talked about now, before I go play Modern Warfare 2 however, i just have 1 question about the other movie that was released with this movie, Shinkenger The Movie (sorry btw if this is off topic, but this has been bothering me for a little bit and I think since the Shinkenger movie was released with All Riders vs. DaiShocker, that it's KINDA on topic). [snip]. Thanks in advance for any info and a HUGE thanks to the TVNihon Gods, for releasing this GREAT movie.
Last edited by XIII on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: are you seriously wanting to go there, check our track record, for that matter look at amazon japan,
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

yeah im not sure this guy knows what he's saying but this movie only had a few good points, none having to do with the plot. W scene was kinda good. Would have been better but i guess phillip has to go back to his pointless research and shoutarou has some half boiled egg to eat. Kamen rider j didn't have the k-touch, but the final kamen attack form ride was amazing. the whole fight scene was great, the daishocker thing was a mess, some might say the end part was the best where it ended
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

I love this movie, I really do although I should have seen the whole 'Tsukasa is (semi) evil' thing coming, the true evil one behind his sister *he has one?* was a nice nod to KR Black besides showing both Black and RX.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I just found this to be weird how they accepted Tsukasa and Grandpa so quickly after what they have done. Guess they were very forgiving friends or something.

This is type of movie that made me go "Huh?" until the end. After the movie, I realized it's an AU movie, I went like "Oh! Whew!" Lol.

I think the idea of main character, bad rider turned good, type of plot is cool but it was short lived since it was being used in AU movie.

Overall, I do enjoy the movie despite going "Huh?" the most of the time. Well, I need to see this movie again but with full benefits someday.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Well I'd say the director's cut will probably be a bit better then this version. Anyone remember the kiva movie? Anyone?
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

He's just a sweet transvestite-rider from transworld Transylvania.

Tsukasa always looked a little....confused, but now he just looks like a drag queen.

So Grandpa just mysteriously decides to become evil for awhile...then becomes undestroyed and good-ish again.

That was a very confusing movie. They didn't waste much effort on pointless things like plot..I guess that's typical for Decade. too much den-o
NeonZ
Adventure

Post by NeonZ »

This is the second time I've watched this movie, and I still really enjoy it.

Anyway, I don't really get the accusations about this movie's lack of plot. It fills in many details that had been left open by the tv series while also fulfilling some of the foreshadowing that had been given previously (Decade as the destroyer, the DCD on Dai-Shocker's emblem, Black's comment about someone creating bridges to allow Dai-Shocker to conquer the worlds)...

Now, it's true, the villains lack proper motivation, but, considering how this lasted only one hour, and they're all homages to previous "pure evil" type villains, I don't think that's such a glaring problem. We know that they're Dai-Shocker, we see them attacking that cities and killing people... It's not like we're just supposed to assume that they're villains because we're told about it. Shadow Moon is a big deal not because he's based on an old character (the Fangire King was among Dai-Shocker's troops, but he had no relevance at all to the movie), but because in this movie he manipulated Tsukasa's sister and took over Dai-Shocker. His connection to Black and RX was utterly irrelevant here. They didn't even meet face to face.

The pacing was jumpy, but that's pretty natural in first release of Rider movies. I think only Den-O's didn't suffer from that, but Den-O's movies have very little plot anyway. Plot-wise, the biggest problem is that this movie just doesn't stand by itself. The way we're introduced to Tsukasa's world hopping group, it's clearly expected we already know those 3 and the main plot from the tv series.

As for it being AU or not... I highly doubt it is an AU, even though the tv series didn't have a direct tie in. We saw Shadow Moon walking around, we saw the DCD Dai-Shocker emblem, we saw the Dai-Shocker castle rising from underground at the end of the Amazon world. Several scenes connected to this movie... There's no way they'd go back and cover half of this movie again for Decade's true ending.

Its placement? I'd say between the Amazon and Rider War World. Apollogeist suddenly didn't call for any Dai-Shocker reinforcements in the Rider War World nor did Tsukasa complain even once about not finding his world. I think those are pretty clear signs that this movie takes place right before the Rider War. There's also how, at the last scene of the Amazon World, they never really show the wall paper very well, before the Rider War one drops.

It could go like this without removing basically anything
Amazon World (until the last few seconds, right before the wall paper is dropped) -> All Riders -> Amazon World (last few seconds, with the Rider War wall paper dropping)

It IS somewhat weird, if these Riders are meant to be the same ones from the Rider War (and they probably are, considering how this Agito seemed to know about Decade's journey), but it's not a true plothole.

If the Director Cut can fix the pacing issues, this will easily become my favorite Rider movie.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I cannot stop giggling throughout the movie.

As a KR fan at heart, I've looked forward to this movie since the first ep of Decade. And here it is. Subbed in all it's glory by the awesome staff of TVN.

Tsukikage. They couldn't have picked a better surname for him. Tsuki = Moon, Kage = Shadow. But you guys already know that! How awesome is his transformation sequence? xD

Ikadevil's transformation sequence was scary. I mean. Wow. So that's the reason he covers his face with his cape all those years ago.

So Tsukasa's sister became Bishium. Bishium btw is another KR Black villain, though her design in the original series was scarier. I mean, she had a shiny face then.

BOOM instant All Rider reunion! We'll walk for now because the badassery of that is immeasurable. And then run to Tsukasa and Kaito's sides. 'Coz we're awesome. Ichigo wasn't voiced by Hiroshi Fujioka, but he still made a pretty good impression. Shin looked less monstery, more goofy in this movie. Why'd Decade have to FFR Den-O into Momotaros? He could've held the Kiva Arrow as Den-O. That was unnecessary.

The battle was pretty well done, all the riders doing their thang, except for Kabuto who didn't clock up. Why couldn't he clock up? Why?

And woot! Rising Ultimate Kuuga. The suit design was ok, but it felt and looked to bulky to move around in. I feel bad for him though. I mean, his 'strongest' form yet and they couldn't even scratch Shadowmoon.

And then Double comes in. He's pretty badass in here. Obviously to hype up his series at the time.

AND ZOMG ALL RIDER KICK. That was pretty awesome. Even Hibiki was all 'f*ck yeah! RIDER KICK!* lmao

lol @ King Dark. Call the Shinkengers, quick! We have a Daikaijin predicament here! DiEnd to the rescue! KAMEN RIDE: J! FINAL FORM RIDE: DECADE! (how useless would that FFR be if there wasn't a giant J walking around?)

LOL at the end where Eijiro is back in the Photo Studio and Natsumi was like 'Eh!? *tilts head* Meh, Whatever. *shrug*'

I believe there is a DC version of this. Much of the scenes felt rushed. And there are quite a few continuity errors within the film.

In the end, it would've been more meaningful a film if they managed to get more original actors back for that 'final words' scene after the battle. It would have upped the nostalgia factor so much that it would've been a better movie for me altogether. Not that it wasn't good enough. It was awesome!

Thanks TVN! You guys are real-life Kamen Riders. xD

EDIT: lol everyone's writing essays for this movie. xD
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I've always thought Decade could travel to OU and AU Rider Worlds. Its just that we've seen only AU worlds in the series. I'm sure they intended all the riders in this movie to be the original OU riders besides Kuuga. But yeah, its really hard to see how this fits into the series canonically. I was thinking this movie was going to lead into the 2nd movie but it seems the 2nd Decade movie will be canon and this one not since it looks like the 2nd movie picks up where the TV series ends off. But can't say that for sure until we actually see the 2nd movie. Both movies could end up being canon. Or neither. But I do think the 2nd one is canon at the least. BUT at the same time this movie can be canon due to the fact of the back story revealed about Decade, Diend and Grandpas even though they don't acknowledge the info in series. But that's fine if this takes place after the end of the series. Or it could be that this movie takes place at the end while the 2nd movie comes before it. The only thing that would bother me is that this movie isn't canon, but the freakin Den-O Decade one is. :( That just seems wrong.

But I loved this movie. Ultimate Rising Kuuga was a let down at the end; wish we saw more rider vs rider stuff rather then just Decade owning everyone and Gackt's scene seemed really pointless. But I guess since grandpa was a bad guy they needed someone else to do the pep talk. Couldn't really expect Narutaki to do it. Although when that ending theme kicked in; I got goosebumps. Speaking of themes it was awesome to hear more of that Decade latin theme. Usually they just loop the first part. Also that theme when W showed up was awesome too! I was hoping we would get to see more of the riders unmasked towards the end though. But Momotaros was hilarious at the end none the less. Thanks for the great surprise guys. Didn't expect this movie for a while.

Oh and a weird random note: If you read the Kamen Rider Spirits scanlations while listening to Gurren Lagann music, you'll cry. Oh, and essays are awesome gh0stwrit3r.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I actually thought based on all the promo stuff that Riderman was going to be a central character, instead Gackt is in the movie for like 3 seconds. I actually thought his scene was the best in the movie, because I went "Oh look! Maybe the real plot is going to start here!", but nope. This movie is just too all over the place for it's own good. I was hoping for a genuine ending for the series. Maybe the next movie will do that. As for the action, that was good. I actually think that this was one of the most violent Heisei rider movies. Lots of merciless killing, Gackt's whole arm getting cut off thing, ect ect. So that was good.

On the whole though, movie didn't really do anything for me. Try again, Decade.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Sigh, this was...disappointing. I love all the battle scenes and Shadow Moon and W in there, but it seemed...eh on how it all came together. It's like, where the hell did he come from? Then he just leaves with out another thought, it's rather...not cool. I do like how bad ass Shadow Moon is. I didn't see how having Gackt in the movie was so great, he appeared for about half a minute. The RiderMan in the All Rider scene didn't even have the cannon arm. Sigh, but overall, it was pretty good.
I lost The Game!
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

I call bullshit on Decade's win against the 3v3 fight
Twitter
iamawesome.com
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

How did people think this was going to be the true end of Decade, did they forget this one came out DURING Decade's run?
We won't see the Decade Epilogue till Movie Taisen 2010 hit's DVD in 5-7 months.

Anyway, on to the movie.

The plot was really a mess, it just left loose end's everywhere:

GACKT as Riderman? On-screen of less than four minutes and never henshin's.
Old man Hiakri as Dr. Shinigami? Never explained how or why he became the Dr.
Narutaki a good guy? He hate's rider's, so why is he working with them to defeat Dai Shocker?
Original actor's return? Only for Agito and Black RX, on-screen for less than 20 seconds.
W Cameo? Show's up, easily beat's the villain, then leaves.

All ill say is, don't watch the movie for the plot.
Rider-on-Rider action is about all this movie is good for.

6/10. Watchable, but overall unimpressive.
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

this was, by far, the worst movie i've ever seen in my life :(
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

I am quite surprised so many of you hate this movie, for me I really enjoyed this movie, then again I wasn't being anal over every single scene as some of you seem to be doing.

I had no expectations of the movie so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed by it, and I wasn't, the movie did a good service to the past riders, they showed them off the best they could in the time limit they had for the movie, if they were to show off each and every single rider and do a roll call we would be looking and a 3 hour movie, then you would be moaning its too long.

I thought it had quite a good plot to it, only two things really weren't answered and that's cool, most of the things your complaining about being left unexplained were, you were just over analysing things to see the simple things in front of you, remember its a kids film so things will be simple and you will miss them.

The scene where the riders arrived was pretty cool, would have been even more awesome with all the secondary riders as well, but that's asking a lot really XD

The ensuing fight scenes were great to watch and nicely done, not to over the top and not under rated that you would fall asleep to it,

Heck even the King Dark and giant Decade scene was well thought out and nicely put together to make it look good, and why shouldn't Decade have a Final Form Ride.

The All Rider Kick was pretty dam cool, sounded even better with the surround sound on the Blu-Ray rip I encoded, especially the ensuing explosion,

This is ranks quite highly on my fav Rider films list, I highly enjoyed it and glad I shelled out for the Blu-Ray of it.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”