Feel the power of Decade
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
NeonZ
Adventure

Re: Decade Movie: All Riders Versus Dai Shocker

Post by NeonZ »

jolly_old_saint wrote: ...You know what the worst part of this movie was? We still don't know how Decade can tell what is and isn't a grongi.
What? We know. He traveled between worlds since he was a child and he was leader of an organization with various kinds of monsters, including Grongis and Unknowns.
If anything, it made it worse. Original RX appearing I can understand, given he appeared in the series as well. Original Agito? While I liked the appereance, it made no sense what so ever.
I guess they wanted one Showa and one Heisei representative. The Showa one was RX because he even appeared in the Decade tv series, the Heisei one probably was Agito because he was the oldest Heisei Rider there (Considering how there was no Kuuga in the movie besides Onodera).
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

NeonZ wrote:
jolly_old_saint wrote: ...You know what the worst part of this movie was? We still don't know how Decade can tell what is and isn't a grongi.
What? We know. He traveled between worlds since he was a child and he was leader of an organization with various kinds of monsters, including Grongis and Unknowns.
If I believe that part of the story, though, at some point during the series one of the villains would've mentioned something to him. Or at least stopped asking who he was. Unless they were trained to feed him passing-through lines. Even having worked with grongi, though, I doubt Decade would be able to smell what's not a grongi. Unless that's his way of being racist. Which is plausible.
I guess they wanted one Showa and one Heisei representative.
Yeah, but no, they were being cheap.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least he knows that he's not a Grongi :D
Wolf-man
7X

Post by Wolf-man »

This movie was beyond epic and awesome! I have to say that I think it is the best Rider movie to date! I do agree that there were some stupid things in the movie such as the moon thing and Gackt's random scene. I mean if I had not read that he was supposed to be Riderman then I would have thought that his scene was just random and he had a cool robot hand. Despite its flaws I loved the movie. The thing is I think people may have gone in with the wrong attitude. I went in with the thinking "No matter how much they screw it up it still will be an epically awesome movie." So because of that I just enjoyed geeking out over all the riders being in one movie. Double's scene was really awesome and a great intro to a new rider. J's scene at the end was one of the best scenes of the movie. His giant rider kick with the cards picturing every rider was so epic. I think my favorite part was when the riders first come to help Decade and DiEnd. It was a scene straight out of a showa movie. Decade and DiEnd were on their last legs and about to be defeated when you see the dimensional wall and the music play and you know what's about to happen. It's like your waiting the whole movie for this scene then you see Rider 1, 2, and V3 and I just cheered. Then the Rider walk just so cool! I actually liked the Den-O scenes. I know he has been overused and I do agree that other riders need the spotlight but it makes sense from an economic standpoint. I mean Den-O makes the most money so why wouldn't they use him. I loved the scene at the end where Agito and Black's original actors, and Momo had their little thing as they were leaving. All I know is that I love the movie and will watch it again and again. I can't wait for Rider War 2010!
NeonZ
Adventure

Post by NeonZ »

If I believe that part of the story, though, at some point during the series one of the villains would've mentioned something to him. Or at least stopped asking who he was. Unless they were trained to feed him passing-through lines. Even having worked with grongi, though, I doubt Decade would be able to smell what's not a grongi. Unless that's his way of being racist. Which is plausible.
If this movie is in continuity with the series, there's more than one Kuuga World, Kiva World, etc. The Hibiki here had an adult's voice. So, he could know what is a Grongi in general, but didn't know about the specific worlds he traveled through in the tv series.

Besides, it's kind of a catchphrase too. Even in the last episode, Apollogeist was asking him about his identity. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Dai-Shocker logo with the DCD was shown in the tv series, so, even if this movie isn't in continuity, his real origin can't be very different from this.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Cheetah wrote:Also did you guys see Tsukasa's evil shoes? His evil pointy shoes! Gah! :lol:
I've always wondered why Japanese people think tough guys wear shoes made for Santa Claus' slave labor at the North Pole.

This movie felt very campy to me. It felt like the Shinkenger crossover influenced it. Normally, Kamen Rider tries to avoid giant kaijin battles.

I'm not sure how anyone can take the trapdoor-into-the sewer seriously. Don't evil villians usually have their trap doors lead to something life threatening? A pit full of spikes or poisonous snakes? I was surprised that it was used more than once.

You would think Tsukasa was a Rockette in his spare time from the way he flamboyantly crossed his legs while sitting on the throne.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the jet-propelled, suicide Dai Shocker henchmen? Their synchronized swimming routine in the air was hilarious. I guess that explains why they were crying during the promos.

Ambassador Jigoku's henshin through gargling was strange on its own. The writers certainly upped the ante with that Squid+Beer pun for Professor Shinigami. It reminded me of a lot of the typical MOTW from super sentai.

Momotaro's comment about him being super busy at the end was great. He's obviously too busy with another Den-O movie in the works.

You could see the cast try to make the dramatic moments come alive. Unfortunately, I couldn't help from giggling at the cheese oozing from the movie.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Arigomi wrote:Why hasn't anyone mentioned the jet-propelled, suicide Dai Shocker henchmen? Their synchronized swimming routine in the air was hilarious. I guess that explains why they were crying during the promos.
In addition, the BGM leveled up the lolness... :lol: :lol:
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

Leonite Rider wrote:I just realised why Decade dosen't use the K-Touch in the movie. If he pressed the Kuuga button, that would assumingly transform Kuuga back to Ultimate form (or Red eye Rising Ultimate) and effectively break the spell Kuuga was under.
Remember, the Riders only think strategically when the writers want them to.

/lolhomonyms
Zefonse
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Bleach
Favorite Band: skillet
My boom: Rider kick
Quote: This is My Pride, My love, My Anger, and all my sorrow....... RIDER KICK!

Post by Zefonse »

To me after rewatching the show again was a better ending to the show, *sigh* I know it was made somewere in the middle of the show and the true end of Decade is going to be in the upcomeing movie so for right now All Riders seems better then the infamous ep 31 of decade end *hateing cliffhangers* ik also loved the epic feel when DiEND and Decade hear *vroom then Kamen rider Ichigo, Nigo and V3 come out followed by the rest of the riders* When i shall that All i did was saying out load there going to be a overkill in the movie very quitly, and sure enoth Shadowmoon got rape by the All rider kick, really one rider kick can kill a monster in one hit, two can send you flying till you die, three makes a mine nuke, but All riders!? that the wrose case i be in if I was a bad guy seeing that come to be i be more like *covers butt and pray to whatever god there is for a painless death*
1 2 3 RIDER KICK!!!!!
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

More or less just great for the continuous fangasm is gave me. About a week ago I realized that if I watch clips of this before I go to bed I have Kamen Rider related dreams.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Nnnkingston wrote:More or less just great for the continuous fangasm is gave me. About a week ago I realized that if I watch clips of this before I go to bed I have Kamen Rider related dreams.
Hilarious. lol

Also I rewatched this series and put the movie in place of the Amazon arc; totally works. As long as you can ignore the difference in the backdrops from the end of the RX episodes and when the movie goes to the Hikari studio, and why Decade doesn't go into his complete form; it works fairly well. It helps that the first Rider Decade fights is Amazon too. Let's just all think of the movie as canon and that Amazon's world is AU to the decade universe. PLEASE.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

holy! weee its finally subbed...i've been waiting for this!!!Image
thanks to the staff of TV-nihon!!Image
HUH?!?
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

In case anyone was wondering, the Director's Cut of All Riders is coming out on June 21st with 13 minutes of New footage.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-3240
Last edited by Deka_Hero on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

hopefully that DC version will make this movie much better... i felt hanged with the storyflow... IMO all except that factor of the movie was awesome... heck the super den-o movie was more better in this department
Ryousha
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

Thirteen minutes? Sounds cool.

By the way you think Decade is like haxing with the Final Attack Ride, the immediately do illusion? I mean illusion does do some damage, but copying the effects of Final Attack Ride is like he should've done that in episode 31 against Kazuma.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”