Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Re: Decade Movie: All Riders Versus Dai Shocker

Post by Alkaid »

Narutaki....1 movie cannot make up for your asshattery; I'm sorry. .0.

There is much to say and yet it is still quite hard to put it all into words.

Honestly didn't think that Tsukasa would have made a fun big brother, especially being who he was but as always, the journey and adventure can change people.

Everyone seemed to at least get either a finisher, a short battle or at least a view in that long line o' riders; though I'll admit I was slightly disappointed that Double didn't stick around to join the line. It also seemed that they were still working out the kinks in Double's "voice" a bit but it was interesting at least to see him show up and help kick ass for a few moments. The scene as Double jets off is pretty neat as well.

Though, I can't remember if we had seen the Dai Shocker logo with the DCD before...otherwise I think someone would have had to look at that and go... "Hmmm...you know, that sounds kind of like your name Decade..."

Also happy that it seems that Daiki (and I know it was slightly before that when it really happened) has officially become "one" of the traveling group members. He seems slightly less of an ass now, but that's cool. He's still Diend. :D
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

This movies plot hurt my head. The story just didn't capture me and that scene with the arm guy wasn't needed at all. My favorite part was when W shows up which is sad cause I had higher hopes for this one. Perhaps if they gave my guy ZO more screen time I would have been forced to like it. :P Oh well, maybe the next movie is where they put all their effort. Or the one after that. :lol:
ImageImage
Nostalgia Critic Parody - Angry Video Game Nerd Parody
http://www.capcam.org - http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4937
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's weird, because I really liked this movie. It had the plot and characterization for the Decade cast that seemed to be lacking on the TV show until the end. I also liked the way the different secrets revealed themselves. Like Tsukikage who had the clue in his name or the flashback before we see Tsukasa's true identity

W had a really cool entrance. It was funny how they were confused about his color at first

The only thing that disappointed me was Kuuga Ultimate Rising Form being useless once he turned good. Also no explanation for how grandpa turned into that bad guy and then survived

Finally, where in the continuity is this movie supposed to take place? Near the end of the TV series?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm sort of torn about this movie. This movie is basically what the series should have been. But in saying that, the movie should have been what the series came to be which is about the other Riders instead of Decade and the crew. I feel that 60 minutes was a bit too short for this movie and needed another hour. I give it props for giving focus on Decade and the crew but with "All Riders" in the title, it doesn't give the epicness of that title should bring to.

W's entrance and having Decade and Shadowmoon being confused all hell on what color he is was great. Yuusuke is like everyone's bitch that can be forced into evil very easily. Narutaki being useful instead of pointing the evil eye at Decade is a nice change. They finally explained how Daiki got the DiEnd Driver. Yeah I just going to assume that old man Hikari is like the three commanders from Rescue Fire. They always survive the massive final attacks. As for the movie continuity thing, I let you guys discuss that.
SuperRicko
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin Belts

Post by SuperRicko »

YATTA! I don't know about you guys, I'm shutting off all nitpicking and just enjoy this geekfest! :lol:

THANKS to everyone in TV-N who contributed in this movie!
You only get 3 choices in life... BE Good. GET Good. GIVE Up.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

Going to get the BR version, of course. Thank you guys, I'll be sure to post again once I've watched it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

While it was a good movie, I saw no relation to the ending of the main series. Giving the time it was released in Japan, I'm sure it would have confused some fans.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

erm thats cause this isnt the end to the series, this is the first movie that was shown, the other one is still a good 6 months away at best
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
H.E.N.S.H.I.N
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
My boom: Trial!

Post by H.E.N.S.H.I.N »

The part where Tsukasa looked up to th moon, and suddenly remembered everything, seemed kind of weird o.o Its like they wanted to reduce th total time of th movie, so they made Tsukasa get back his memories by looking at... The Moon.

Other than that, i feel that th movie was great :lol:
The narrator for th Rider Battles, i like the way he speaks!
Anyone else? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

This movie came out August 8. The TV series didn't end till August 30. It was never meant to be the end
gekisou
Favorite series: Yuushya Oh Gaogaigar
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
Dreamy: Luka Milfey
Favorite Actor?: Kimura Takuya
Favorite Band: SMAP
My boom: Onion Rings
Quote: I don't break rules. I bend 'em... a lot!

Post by gekisou »

Awesome!!!! Thanx for subbing this. However, before I download I need to ask, does anyone know if I can burn the Blu-Ray version into DVD format or will that be format conflict? Just if this question seems stupid but I'd like to know. Cheers.
俺のこの手が光って唸る。お前を倒せと輝き叫ぶ。 シャイニング・フィンガー!!!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

yes, thats a stupid question, DVD can only support 720x480, no where near the 1280x720 of the release
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

gekisou wrote:Awesome!!!! Thanx for subbing this. However, before I download I need to ask, does anyone know if I can burn the Blu-Ray version into DVD format or will that be format conflict? Just if this question seems stupid but I'd like to know. Cheers.
The BR version is the usual .mp4 file T-N uses for HD releases. If you dont have problems burnin their HD releases, you shouldnt have problems wit this neither.
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

Terrific. No. Decaderrific.

Movie sums up what I thought about the TV series: Rider Showcase. Decade is about showing off the Riders.

Shouichi was there at the end! Nice. One line, but I like the guy so much.

W's appearance was cool. Can't help but think that the fact that the Joker side facing Shadow Moon was a reference to KR-Black. The confusion was cute.

I could say a bunch of other stuff I liked about the movie, and I liked a lot, but I have an issue. This just doesn't seem to fit into the TV-series storyline properly.

I thought they were making this to be canon, but... well, I think this movie is AU. An alternate ending to Decade.

Things just don't add up well. I thought, based on previews and synopsis', that this would fit somewhere between RX's world and Amazon's or between Amazon's and Rider War. But that doesn't work.

In Amazon World, the DecaGang doesn't know shit about DaiShocker. So, this movie can't be placed before that.

Then, Rider War... if you fit this movie before that, things get stupid. If we're assuming that the Heisei Riders here are the same Heisei Riders that appear to attack Tsukasa in the war, well, gee. What the hell?

"We'll help him destroy DaiShocker today, but tomorrow, he's DEAD. He's actually messed everything up but we'll pretend to be friendly for now."

If they're not the same, it's doubly dumb. I understand that there could be endless AUs, but it's annoying to have 3 sets of the "same" riders running around. I personally don't think (don't WANT to think) that this is the case.

And let's not forget about Narutaki. It's all his fault! If you place this movie in TV continuity, he goes from cursing Decade, to helping Decade, to sicking likewise wishy-washy Riders on him. I realize that this may be acting on Narutaki's part, seeing how he asks for Decade's help in episode 30, and then switches to Onore Mode in the next, but, ugh. =/

In consideration of the Rider War episodes: Apollo Geist actually has the nerve to try to fight Decade after the leaders and many members of his own organization just got their asses beat?

By placing All Riders in TV-continuity, we have Decade fighting all of the Riders, Yuusuke turning bad, Decade helping all of the Riders, Yuusuke turning good again, and then, going back to the TV-series, Decade having to fight the Riders again, with Yuusuke turning bad AGAIN.

Now, here's how I can things out for myself.
Method 1:
-Place All Riders vs. DaiShocker after Amazon World. Ignore the scene where the Rider War poster
drops down. Rather, the Decade World poster drops.
-Ignore Rider Wars. All Riders plays out instead, ignore Natsumi's vision. It never comes to pass.
-The problem with this method is that I'm IGNORING stuff they showed on the show. I shouldn't have to do that.

Method 2:
-Ignore All Riders. Rider Wars happens instead. Everything is fine because All Riders doesn't screw with my head, and the TV-continuity works by itself.

All of that is why I think All-Riders is AU. In the end though, I think the movie was really, really cool, and I'm not going to think too much about timelines anymore. =/

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”