2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: Decade Epilogue Film?

Post by That Guy »

Destroyer-Double wrote:whoops :lol: supposebly the epilogue film was supposed to be released but they dropped it and instead released the one in the double feature
What happened was that that WAS the movie they were advertising, but like NONE of the footage or concepts from that quick preview made it into the final cut of the film. That little preview is basically a separate story that never came to be.
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

And thus must be the reason why many of the fans was disappointed. Although setting aside that they were kinda in a hurry to finish the series, the movie ending would be much appreciated if just as I've said, were given the benefit of elaborating certain foreshadowing in the series.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Diend stole the footage and so they had to reshoot. They blamed Decade.
ImageImage
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

KickHopper wrote:Diend stole the footage and so they had to reshoot. They blamed Decade.
Kinda remembered this from the crossover with the world of Shinkenger.
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

KickHopper wrote:Diend stole the footage and so they had to reshoot. They blamed Decade.
Damn you DiEnd!

As I thought. It doesn't feel right.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Do You Think The Series... *Spoiler*

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

*Spoilers for Movie War 2010 Follow*

Do you think the series would have been better-received if, instead of Yusuke joining the group, Natsumi had become Kivala in Kiva World and filled his role of inexperienced side-kick?

I mean, the writers never really went anywhere with that whole "Kivara is Narutaki's right-hand bat!" (Or anywhere with Narutaki, period). Speaking of, while we're tossing around hypothetical revisions, how about "Narutaki caused all the bad stuff in the various worlds to kill Tsukasa to stop the worlds merging?"

Granted, this wouldn't stop all the fanboy whining about the story's legitimate choices like the alternate universes angle (Perfectly alright to be disappointed when you learn about it, less so when you're declaring the series or even the entire franchise ruined forever because of it) or Decade's suit containing the color pink (If you're above the age of five and you've earnestly complained about this, you are officially the worst kind of fan... Okay, second worst, the worst is the kind who act like people who confuse Kamen Riders 1 and 2 are functionally retarded.), but would the show's reputation be as bad?
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Re: Do You Think The Series... *Spoiler*

Post by kiyominai »

That's an interesting idea but I think Kivara giving her the "power to beat even the devil" in the Decade Ending was fitting since it looks like Kivara only gave it to her to stop Tsukasa...even though he already destroyed all the Riders.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

That wasn't the main reason viewers were upset with Decade. They were pissed that the TV series ended on a cliffhanger while putting the end of the story in a movie. People wanted closure, not a cheap attempt to get more people to watch the movie.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Arigomi wrote:That wasn't the main reason viewers were upset with Decade. They were pissed that the TV series ended on a cliffhanger while putting the end of the story in a movie. People wanted closure, not a cheap attempt to get more people to watch the movie.
I recall there being a lot of haters even before the end of the show left the story hanging, and Kuuga's underuse/abuse was one of the bigger whining points.
kiyominai
7X

Post by kiyominai »

Agree, there were a lot of reasons.

I have a gripe with the inconsistency. In the first episode Wataru tells Decade, who asks himself why his cards "disappeared", that "It's because in the past, you lost your powers"

...but in Movie 2010, Wataru tells Natsumi and Kaitou that "Decade has no story"

I thought the All-Rider vs Dai-Shocker movie was a little more accurate in conveying that lost plot point, but then again, it's not canon (as far as I know)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i don-t understand why they needed Kivara to be the one to defeat Decade, was to give her a bigger role? then you should made her a Rider in the series instead of the finale. I'm sorry, but i can't believe someone who got her powers at the last minute could be able to defeat someone who just minutes ago defeated Friggin Kuuga!(yeah, i know this one isn't nearly as powerful as the original, but still, i can't believe it)
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

locuas wrote:i don-t understand why they needed Kivara to be the one to defeat Decade, was to give her a bigger role? then you should made her a Rider in the series instead of the finale. I'm sorry, but i can't believe someone who got her powers at the last minute could be able to defeat someone who just minutes ago defeated Friggin Kuuga!(yeah, i know this one isn't nearly as powerful as the original, but still, i can't believe it)
Then would you believe that he let her kill him?

As much as I like the headcanon that Natsumi is the most powerful Rider ever (Her limited screen-time as Kivala meant they never had time to write in a scene where she lost), it's quite clear Tsukasa threw that fight and more than likely would have taken her apart if he really tried.

That's probably what I like best about that scene; It takes going up against the person he cares for most to snap Tsukasa out of his "They started it so whatever I do they brought on themselves" attitude.
kiyominai
7X

Post by kiyominai »

Tsukasa got poked by Natsumi's stick and died lololol

Off tangent but, Does anyone think of Decade being his own dark Rider in the series a pretty cool thing?? As much as I like the All-Rider vs Dai-Shocker ending mislead, where he's Dai-Shocker's leader, I think I prefer the Movie War 2010 Tsukasa tbh, I really felt that Decade truly became the devil, the kind of devil that Narutaki warned the riders about throughout the series.

Especially that scene in the beginning, where he destroys SkyRider,Kabuto, and Super-1, he looks at Kabuto's horn fragment and just tosses it in disgust. Then looks at the cards he retrieved and slowly crushes it. Then the narrator says "Now that he's become the enemy of all the Riders, what does he see in those eyes"
Doonie
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Natsumi Hikari :)
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: 1000th on TV-Nihon

Post by Doonie »

Decade was my favourite series right up until the movie.

While I though Decade needed a full series, and needed a much more epic last episode, and having Amazon as the last rider to be introduced was a mistake.

But unlike a lot of people I liked the original cliffhanger ending with Diend shooting at Decade.

I was also very excited for the film.

However the film we saw advertised looked completely different to the one we got.

I can only feel disappointed, when the finale is shared with another film and has a lack lustre ending which resolved next to nothing from the series.

I suppose I will have to wait until 2020 :(
About Den-O:
Batman "It's over Joker!"
Joker "Over? Why my dear delusional Dark Knight. It hasn't even begun!"
Spoiler
Why would you want it to???
nini5
Gao
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: super sentai
Dreamy: marvelous
Favorite Actor?: too many to tell
Favorite Band: depends on the song
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: internet
Quote: I may not know what I want,but I know what I don't want!

Re: Decade/W Movie: Great Rider War 2010 topic

Post by nini5 »

The whole meaning of Decade is a methaphore for people's memories and changing generations.
I mean,as Wataru said in the pilot,the worlds of Kamen Rider would eventually be forgotten(destroyed),and through movies like all riders vs. Dai Shocker,and shows like Decade the next generation would know for what their parents and grandparents are talking about.

As for Decade's distruction,it is part of the magic.

And if you notice Decade began at 2009,and the big recession was right at the end of 2008.Since Japan is a very developed coutry,it was hit too,although it managed torecover enough in time for KR W

:!: :!: :!:
Last edited by nini5 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”