XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Begin's Night DC

Post by XIII »

gmottl wrote:will there be an HD of this anytime soon or ever.
No and never

Toei doesnt release the DC cuts on Blu-Ray for some strange daft reason
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
GekIDan
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Eri/Rika Sato
My boom: Yuriko Shiratori
Quote: "Saa Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!"

Post by GekIDan »

Azazel wrote:
gmottl wrote:will there be an HD of this anytime soon or ever.
No and never

Toei doesnt release the DC cuts on Blu-Ray for some strange daft reason
And I see your avatar getting pissed at this. :P
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

thanks azazel, that's kind've dumb of them though, considering how much people love hi def, and i am dating my playstation 3 by the way, it's a bluray player first for me. thanks for answering my question without too much hellfire.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Supernova-IXA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Den-o
Dreamy: Touko Asano
Favorite Actor?: Nakamura Yuichi
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Aruku Keitai
Quote: "My Appetite is Huge, but My thirst for Adrenaline rush and Kamen Riders is even bigger."

Post by Supernova-IXA »

The only cool added scene that I liked was the part where Tsukasa blocks an attack from Kazuma, Decade's right arm mysteriously appears and Henshins. It's something I didn't expect and when that happened, wow...

I disliked how they would swap the 2 movies, with Double(W)'s Begins Night in front and then Decade's Conclusion at the back. That doesn't make it "Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Decade & Double(W) Movie Taisen 2010"

That 'episode 31 trailer' part right when Decade's Conclusion started was well fitted into the story, since Natsumi has dreams about Decade anyway. Plus Tsukasa did died, that really matched her 'Six Sense' dream. Looks like all those who hissed at the missing part is pretty much now a happy camper.

Also in Begins Night, the scene where Death(Dummy) Dopant visited Asami was somewhat unnecessary, but it's alright since it pretty much tied the scene at the back.

I also really liked how they showed how Akiko was doing the investigation on her own. It was sort of like she took on the shadow of her father.
YouTube Channel(Full of Reviews, Specials and MVs): http://www.youtube.com/SasukeKenzan

Takoyaki, Kobe, broth... There are 3,543,280 related results. What an interesting way of eating.

'W' Results in 5,937,631 related searches...
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

Only thing that seemed like a nice add was The kuuga-esk arm block.
Thought I did kinda like Begins Night first, since it seems like the stronger of the two movies.
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

[kuronogantzryu] wrote:^ It still doesn't do the original trailer justice but it's certainly better than nothing.

Personally, I liked Decade's portion better since it connected the series with the movie, unlike the original.
Just watched the DC. But the addition of the original footage was so... disappointing.
man. shudn't have expect much.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was enjoyable watching Begin's Night again especially after seeing the entire series. So yeah Decade is still a horrible movie & shoving the aborted trailer scenes into the beginning doesn't really help explain the Decade storyline.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Well speaking about music videos being canon, I consider the Yuki Joji music video with Gackt to be canon, it's not like it hugely affects the story in any negative way and gives the character a bit more time for us to know him. And likewise, while no one has to agree with me I consider the Nobody's Perfect to be canon if only because we get to see Skull in action. They're just little side stories.
Soldat Veritas
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

Well, at least there's an added info about some of the things that we saw in the series that never got an answer from the previous movie. I was just hoping they'd make a statement about Decade's Violent Emotion and so far, no explanation about sea cucumber was added. Kaito's statements was also never backed-up when he said he slightly knew Tsukasa's life.

As for the Begin's Night, same with other's idea, I was guessing that the Lost Driver did came from Shroud. I'm just happy that my wild guess was correct all along. :lol:

No HD for the DC. How sad. But still nice release though.
icecreamhendrix
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Band: The Jimi Hendrix Exp
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Transformers
Quote: There's no time to waste! I must summon the Justice League to an emergency meeting! It may well take our combined powers to battle the awesome menace of Starro and its starfish-deputies! - Aquaman
Location: What's the point of this, everyone else just writes something snarky

Post by icecreamhendrix »

I've only seen maybe 4-5 episodes of W, but if this movie is any indication of the show, I might start watching it again. The only part is, Akiko seems a little annoying and useless. But then again, I have little tolerance for hyperactive obnoxious characters who mug every chance they get. That said, Shoutarou and Phillip seem really cool.

Decade's movie, however...

Spoiler
This is a perfect example of why I think Decade, as a show, was disappointing. It answers a few question (like how Professor Shinigami and Natsuki's grandpa are one in the same), but raises a bunch more. For instance, what was Yuusuke's deal? At the end of Decade, he was bitten by Kivara and it looked like he was brainwashed, but it seems he's still in his right mind in this movie. Yet he still has the dark eyes for Ultimate form, and says that he's "become a devil to kill a devil." Dude, no you haven't You didn't "become a devil" by choice, so why are you implying you did? And what was Tackle's deal? I can kind of understand why she partnered with Decade, and it seemed like the writers wanted to give Tackle a little resolution, since, from what I've seen, she wasn't treated very fairly in Stronger. But she didn't kill Wasp Lady, and yet she said she found her place in the world. .....Care to elaborate that for us, Yuriko?

The final thing was the whole reason he was meant to travel. It was something about the Riders being forgotten (YOU'RE NOT FREDDY KRUEGER! JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS FORGOTTEN DOESN'T MEAN THEY DON'T EXIST), so Tsukasa had to...visit them so he could take pictures of them, kill them, and then, because he took those picture, everybody comes back to life and is fine?! A) These guys saved their respective worlds, and some of them even became pseudo-celebrities, so were they really in danger of being "forgotten?" B) How exactly would killing them help them to not be forgotten? Are they Jimi Hendrix? C) Tsukasa was the one who helped all of them resolve their stories. So if he hadn't come along in the first place, would any of this even be neccessary?

Overall, it was a disappointing end to a disappointing series that, as I said, got too caught up in fanservice to tell its own story, and also switched out head writers halfway through the series, which resulted in a confusing story at that.

Halfway through the movie, when Wataru said that Decade had no story , the first thing I said was "I knew it!"

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”