Forum rules
Wiki Link
Kaiehc
Gao

Visited the Kamen Rider/Square-Enix cafes and Capcom bar

Post by Kaiehc »

Kamen Rider cafe album: http://imgur.com/a/F9huw#0
Capcom bar and Square-Enix cafe album: http://imgur.com/a/06nZZ#0

The Kamen Rider cafe was a real treat to visit. I had such a blast that I went there twice! It had great atmosphere with Rider memorabilia and props all over the place, and would show all the Rider show's intros on multiple screens. For me the main draw was being able to take a picture of myself on the Shocker throne. I had the Den-O pasta the first time which was alright. On my second visit I had the Kuuga curry rice which looked fantastic but tasted...ugh..

When they bring your dish to the table, they'll play a a little sound clip to go along with whatever you ordered. Most of the clips were the corresponding Rider's henshin sounds.

The Capcom bar was really fun with the main draw being the great staff that works there. Food and drink wasn't just given to patrons, the staff made a show out of everything. I ordered the T-virus (or maybe some other virus, I forget) drink and the brains from the Biohazard section of the menu. When the bartender gave me my drink she joked that I'd turn into a zombie after drinking it. Before she handed me the brains (mont blanc) she gave me a knife and asked me to stab it before eating. When I started eating the staff all screamed "ZOMBIE!!" and pointed at me. Great fun!

The Square-Enix cafe is called Artnia and is located just outside the Square-Enix HQ. Artnia is split into three different areas. The cafe and what I like to call the cheaper goods shop are in the same room. Off to the side is what they call their "luxury area", which is basically a combination of a real life set piece from a FF game and a display room for their more expensive merch. I ordered the caramel pancakes branded with the Shinra logo and a potion. I really wanted to try the Shiva cocktail but I was there for lunch and they didn't start serving alcohol until 5pm. The potion was meh but the pancakes were fucking fantastic. I got myself a pendant Artnia and I'm really happy with the purchase!
Kitana888
Number 6
Number 6

Re: Visited the Kamen Rider/Square-Enix cafes and Capcom bar

Post by Kitana888 »

Quick question, did you have to reserve seats or could you just drop in?

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”