Goodbye Heisei

Language, food, entertainment, we like it all
Forum rules
Wiki Link
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28552
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Goodbye Heisei

Post by takenoko » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:09 am

https://kotaku.com/japan-says-goodbye-t ... 1834406452

I liked your Riders

[03:09] <&Lunagel> watched the ceremony this afternoon
[03:09] <&Lunagel> the emperess's dress was so pretty
[03:09] <~takenoko> how did the new emperor take the power from the old one?
[03:09] <~takenoko> is there a beheading like highlander?
[03:09] <&Lunagel> that's tomorrow

Crimzonite
Gabu
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:41 am

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Crimzonite » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:16 am

takenoko wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:09 am
https://kotaku.com/japan-says-goodbye-t ... 1834406452

I liked your Riders

[03:09] <&Lunagel> watched the ceremony this afternoon
[03:09] <&Lunagel> the emperess's dress was so pretty
[03:09] <~takenoko> how did the new emperor take the power from the old one?
[03:09] <~takenoko> is there a beheading like highlander?
[03:09] <&Lunagel> that's tomorrow
I figured it would happen in the style of a Rockman boss fight. :P

It's kind of weird seeing the Heisei era end. I was around when Showa ended, but I knew almost nothing about Japan at the time.

User avatar
Aeikozz
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Contact:

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Aeikozz » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:35 am

i feel honored. i shall eat 24 waffles in celebration
Image

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 4335
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Wait, I thought this was the end of the Neo-Heisei period that spanned 2009-2019?

KRDangerousZombie
Infinity
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:25 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by KRDangerousZombie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm
Wait, I thought this was the end of the Neo-Heisei period that spanned 2009-2019?
Neo-Heisei only exists in kamen rider. Which is also ending once Zi-O finishes airing i think.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Kyuuranger
Kamen Rider : Black-Ryuki, Kiva-W, Fourze, Ghost & Ex-Aid
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zi-O, Ryusoulger, Den-O

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 4335
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 pm

The Joke
-------
Your Head

ViRGE
Save the life
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by ViRGE » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:53 pm

Hello Reiwa

njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:52 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by njb » Wed May 01, 2019 2:21 am

Question: the ceremonies of Emperor Akihito's abdication and Emperor Naruhito's ascension did not take place one shortly after another, that is, there were several hours in the middle of the two ceremonies.

During that time was Japan under Heisei era, or Reiwa era?
Currently watching:
- SS Ryusoul, Deka
- KR Zi-O
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Busters, Kyoryu, Toq, Jyuoh, Kyuu, LuPato, Saikyou Battle
- KR Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Ghost, Amazons, Drive, Ex-Aid, Build

User avatar
msf232
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by msf232 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

njb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:21 am
Question: the ceremonies of Emperor Akihito's abdication and Emperor Naruhito's ascension did not take place one shortly after another, that is, there were several hours in the middle of the two ceremonies.

During that time was Japan under Heisei era, or Reiwa era?
I highly doubt that anybody cares about this particular thing... but I'm guessing Reiwa started right after the abdication
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger-LVSP
Kuuga-Build
Ryukendo
スパイダーマン
Akibaranger

User avatar
hiro9796
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: TOQger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by hiro9796 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:30 am

Bye bye Heisei Welcome Reiwa.

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 8254
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Lunagel » Wed May 01, 2019 3:46 am

msf232 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am
njb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:21 am
Question: the ceremonies of Emperor Akihito's abdication and Emperor Naruhito's ascension did not take place one shortly after another, that is, there were several hours in the middle of the two ceremonies.

During that time was Japan under Heisei era, or Reiwa era?
I highly doubt that anybody cares about this particular thing... but I'm guessing Reiwa started right after the abdication
Heisei era officially ended at midnight, Reiwa started immediately afterwards.

Howeverrrrrrrrrr, technically during the interval between the abdication and the succession there was no official emperor. The news people still referred to the old emperor as "emperor" and new emperor as "crown prince" right up until the ascension ceremony though.

User avatar
msf232
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by msf232 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:16 am

Lunagel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:46 am
Howeverrrrrrrrrr, technically during the interval between the abdication and the succession there was no official emperor. The news people still referred to the old emperor as "emperor" and new emperor as "crown prince" right up until the ascension ceremony though.
So, if we're being nitpicky, Reiwa started after the ascension?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger-LVSP
Kuuga-Build
Ryukendo
スパイダーマン
Akibaranger

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 8254
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by Lunagel » Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 am

If the Heisei emperor had died then the next day would be the start of the new era, regardless of time of death. Usually the ascension ceremony is after the funeral anyway. In this case, the abdication serves the same purpose, so regardless of the time he officially resigned, the new era began the next day at midnight.

A couple cities left their city halls open late so couples could be last married in Heisei/first married in Reiwa. Which kinda sucks for the government employees who had to be there until 1 am, but hey, you got an unforgettable anniversary.

ViRGE
Save the life
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by ViRGE » Wed May 01, 2019 5:20 am

Lunagel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 am
A couple cities left their city halls open late so couples could be last married in Heisei/first married in Reiwa. Which kinda sucks for the government employees who had to be there until 1 am, but hey, you got an unforgettable anniversary.
It's all a cheat anyhow. This is really all the newly-minted husbands wanting to make it easier to remember their anniversaries. :lol:

User avatar
hiro9796
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: TOQger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Goodbye Heisei

Post by hiro9796 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 am

Lunagel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 am
A couple cities left their city halls open late so couples could be last married in Heisei/first married in Reiwa. Which kinda sucks for the government employees who had to be there until 1 am, but hey, you got an unforgettable anniversary.
Seriously, this part can be too exaggerating :roll: :? . Regardless what date you get married, it's plenty special already. Just having a little bonus of being on the last day of an Era or the wedding being on your own birthday does not make it extra special in any way in the look of others. I think this is not necessary to have a married life of happily ever after like in Fairy Tales ending :|

Post Reply

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”