Language, food, entertainment, we like it all
- ZAIA Tool
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm
- Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
- 2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Location: Plain Old Texas
Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution
FULL ARTICLE HERE
When it comes to Japan’s economy, there’s actually two of them.
In Japan A, an urban-industrial corridor stretching about 300 miles from Tokyo through Osaka, you’ll find cutting-edge businesses and world-class wealth. In Japan B, which is just about everywhere else, small cities and towns are dying as people move to Japan A in search of opportunity.
While other major developed economies are headed down a similar path, Japan has a head start on them when it comes to aging and depopulation, making it a cautionary tale for policy makers across the globe.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
- Team Baron
- Posts: 30206
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
- Male: Yes
- Favorite series: All of them
- Alignment: Neutral
- My boom: stick
- Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
- Type: ISFJ Protector
- Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Move out of the way for the young people, old people
- Posts: 4817
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
- Male: Yes
- Favorite series: Kyoryuger
- 2nd Favorite Series: W
- Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"
This is going to be a problem in most first world countries in the coming decades as medical advances allow people to live through more chronic conditions.
I feel like Japan had a jumpstart on this issue due to the fact that their diets and nutrition appear to have been better for a while.