Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: 8.8 earthquake in Japan, plus tsunami

Post by dancercotillion »

Apparently Daiichi 3 is having cooling problems as well, but Daiichi 1 is effectively dead now. They have to wait a week or two for the fuel to be cold enough that it won't start abruptly melting when removed from the water. I'm not sure what they're doing about 3 at the moment, but considering the triple-punch of bad things that rocked the first reactor, I'm sure they'll be able to salvage 3 eventually.

Apparently a hydro dam burst, too. Japan just isn't getting a break. Losing all these power generators is just another slap in the face after a big disaster like this. Rolling blackouts across Kanto are going to be the rule for a while.
kamenriderG wrote:i hope my 2 friends are ok :( havent heard since that day from them so im already thinking the worst T-T already called embassy looked on google and nothing.....they wanted to come back to texas this year and this happens....life is so unjust :(
You checked this site?
KivaWataru
Go Go!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Double/Kiva
Dreamy: Philip/Joe Gibken
Favorite Actor?: Aiba Hiroki
Favorite Band: Kimeru/Gackt
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little... and broken... but it's good. Yeah, still good..."

Post by KivaWataru »

I really hope your friends are okay kamenriderG.
"...you take a boat in the air that you don't love she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down, tells you she's hurting before she keels. Makes her a home."
kamenriderG
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: W, OOO, 555, ZX, etc
2nd Favorite Series: all the letters an #
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Disgaea!!!!
Quote: "put your hand in the oven 1 minute and it feels like and hour, watch OOO for and hour and it feels like a minute"

Post by kamenriderG »

i already left the profiles there and still nothing.....just in case ill leave the names here who knows maybe somebody knows her: ryoko ishii and midori kayaba...thank you
joker_joker_extreme
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider W, kiva
2nd Favorite Series: shinkenger, den-o
Dreamy: Akiyama Rina
Favorite Actor?: Scott McNeil
Favorite Band: tetra fang
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: all kamen rider
Quote: ore...sanjou!

Post by joker_joker_extreme »

I just heard on the news that another tsunami is on the way to japan. WTF, haven't they suffered enough nature? on top of that, the Fukushima Daiichi reactor suffered a hydrogen explosion, fortunately little radiation escaped.
kamenriderG
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: W, OOO, 555, ZX, etc
2nd Favorite Series: all the letters an #
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Disgaea!!!!
Quote: "put your hand in the oven 1 minute and it feels like and hour, watch OOO for and hour and it feels like a minute"

Post by kamenriderG »

today i just found out one of my friends is ok :D :D :D she barely escaped....im still half happy i hope the other one is ok :(
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

kamenriderG wrote:today i just found out one of my friends is ok :D :D :D she barely escaped....im still half happy i hope the other one is ok :(
I'm happy to hear your one friend is okay, here is hoping that the other is okay too. So much of Japan is with out power and communcation right now it might be a long time before loved ones are reunited.

I been catching up on news since I have been away from the internet all day and things still look so poor for Japan. It scares me to think if this was any other country BUT Japan the result would already been Apocolypic (sp) levels already. Japan keep fighting many poeple are cheering for you!

I keep looking at pictures, and it just gets sadder. You got people isolated because they are still waiting for rescue. You got people isolated because they were exposed to high levels of radion. Food and water is running short. Rescuers, god bless their souls, have to go through shattered houses and busnisses but have to look in every boat and every car in hopes of finding someone alive.

Remember redcross.org if you want to do anything to help those in Japan.
AncientLemurian
7X
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Daimon Rinko
Favorite Actor?: Takayama Yuko
My boom: Tetris

Post by AncientLemurian »

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 75/1/.html

It looks like Unit 3 was not damaged, and that a residual heat remover for Unit 1 has been restored.

Things look like they are getting better.

Anyone with additional information?
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

AncientLemurian wrote:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 75/1/.html

It looks like Unit 3 was not damaged, and that a residual heat remover for Unit 1 has been restored.

Things look like they are getting better.

Anyone with additional information?
Just more news on the 3rd reactor that lost cooling.

I want to change the subject kind of, to point out people have been protesting Nuclear Plants. What those people need to know is that nuclear power is the cleanest way to make power. Yes, of course if things go wrong radiation has come out. We already know what happens in the worse case possible, it happned in Russia. Years later people started returning as tourists and afew have risked to settle back in. However mothernature has made huge steps with in those years to claim the town. Mothernature seems to not care about the radiation. And that is the worst case senario.

Are nuclear plants really that evil to people that they want to keep burning fuels or building dams? Solar and Wind energy can only do so much.
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

DrowningFishy wrote:
kamenriderG wrote:emember redcross.org if you want to do anything to help those in Japan.
Like having 80% of your donation going to getting the other 20% to Japan? :|
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

JSoup wrote: Like having 80% of your donation going to getting the other 20% to Japan? :|
Do you even understand what the redcross does? I love to see one natural disaster that the red cross did not rush into to help. BTW Red Cross has been around since late 1800, you think if they were selfish bastards they'd been around more then a hundred years?

For about the nuke plants
http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/index-e.html
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

guess no manga, anime and toku in the next year .... well, for now saving people comes first.

I heard some volcano in J becomes active again, and when supermoon happens another shitload of disaster will be for free .__. Now we only need nuclear fallout to have a complete broken Japan.

Damn.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

OH god you never want to read this headline "Tide of 1,000 bodies overwhelms quake-hit Japan"
Spoiler

This is the first time this moon phanominon (oh god sp) has happned in 18 years. I don't think the world is just going to end. No that's for December next year XD

Holy sh!t Shinmoedake volcano just erupted, damn Japan is not having a good time.

A volcano in southwestern Japan erupted Sunday after nearly two weeks of relative silence, sending ash and rocks up to four kilometres (two and a half miles) into the air, a local official says. …
The 1,421-metre (4,689-feet) Shinmoedake volcano in the Kirishima range saw its first major eruption for 52 years in January. There had not been any major activity at the site since March 1.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 6939.story

According to LA times I should sleep less cause apperently was posted 11:08 am my time yesturday.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

And look how the governor of Tokyo has responded to the terrible event (link 16+ NSFW!!!!!)

Spoiler

Yes now THAT's how you troll
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12733393

3rd reactor has gone critical, things are not looking good
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

squashy wrote:And look how the governor of Tokyo has responded to the terrible event (link 16+ NSFW!!!!!)

Spoiler

Yes now THAT's how you troll
::Face twitch:: and I thought the Pearl Harbor/Whale thing was bad. Squashy you win. ::Hands you a cookie;:

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”