Fuuma No Kojirou Live 12 released

By the creator of Saint Seiya. A drama about a ninja that comes to save Hakuou Academy from the evil Eight Yasha Shogun of Seishikan. JOS:
"This was the best musical about a show about men fighting to the death over high school sports ever."
Forum rules
Wiki Link
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Fuuma No Kojirou Live 12 released

Post by XIII »

The penultimate episode
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Re: Fuuma No Kojirou Live 12 released

Post by Sho-saka »

Best fight scenes I've ever seen, since GARO's final episode and its Beast of White Night. Shinobi vs. Shinobi and girl fight (though it's too bad it's only lasts for one quick scene)!
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Artimid »

Hrm, I disagree. I actually think last episodes fights were better, or at least the one that lasted a few moves. :p

I think I am liking everyone except Kojiro, he just... doesn't seem to be the right actor for this. When he hits people with his club, it twists and turns, and I am convinced that Mibu is just resting after having the wind knocked out of him. I mean, at worst it is just a few broken ribs. :p
The actor for Kojiro has annoying facial expressions, annoying yells, and so forth... plus the way the story is going so far, there is no reason that Kojiro should be "fated" to have a match with this Musashi. Musashi is superior to him in every conceivable way, I expect the clips from the next few shows to be on Robot Chickens "Most one sided fist fights" skits soon, unless something happens to suddenly make this less one sided.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

...there is no reason that Kojiro should be "fated" to have a match with this Musashi. Musashi is superior to him in every conceivable way...
Uh, you do know this is loosely based on a Japanese history, where the real Musashi and Kojirou fought each other (until Kojirou lost to Musashi) and then that 'fated rival' match became one of the most used events in every media possible, right next to the Tale of Genji and the Sengoku period, right?

Like Samurai Warriors 2 (and to its least extent, Xtreme Legends, where Kojirou has his own storyline), Brave Fencer/Samurai Legend Musashi, Vagabond, the original Japanese Pokemon (where Jessie was Musashi and James Kojirou); etc. For more info, either go to that first FnK episode or probably that link below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_M ... in_fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_ ... ojir.C5.8D
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Artimid »

I am extensively familiar with Musashi and his story, as I have done much research on him and practiced his style of Swordsmanship. As this story unfolds though, as such as my argument said, there is no reason Kojirou should be fated to fight Musashi. The real Kojirou was a very awesome swordsman and had his own legends. He just had the misfortune of living in the same generation as Musashi. This Kojirou doesn't respresent like this Musashi does. This Kojirou just swings his club around like a caveman, whereas all the other ninja's were highly skilled, masterful, and much more deserving of the title of "Fated fighter" against Musashi.

So yes, yes I do know, and I hope I misread that possibly snide remark in the way that was phrased. I don't need a lecture on history and legends, as what I was saying was based on the show. If you want to discuss the life of Musashi and Kojirou, then we can make a thread to do so. I was commenting on the show, and the actors. Welcome back to topic.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I've never read the manga or the anime, but from what I can tell, Kojirou is supposed to be the brash, naive ninja who is just learning the true meaning of what it means to be a ninja.

He's impulsive, doesn't understand the rules, gets himself hurt over his excessive hubris. But in later episodes he realizes the weight of his mission, falls in love, and shows he does have a serious side.

One of my favorite scenes in this series is in episode 12 where he's talking to his dead friends and talking about what he's learned, including how to swing the weighty Powerful Sword. He shows some brains when fighting against Mibu. He's not the neanderthal that you portray him to be
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Kojirou is just undergoing the natural character growth that many protagonists follow. It is easy to forget that while he may act goofy, he does have talent. The first few episodes shows that he has aptitude for a wide range of skills and tricks. Kojirou just has a problem with acting immature.

Yasha-hime is pretty creepy now that her world is falling apart around her.
Dark Shadow

Post by Dark Shadow »

Great job on this series. I really enjoyed this show. Keep up the great work.

Return to “Fuuma No Kojirou Live”