Fuuma Musical Released (Release 2100)

By the creator of Saint Seiya. A drama about a ninja that comes to save Hakuou Academy from the evil Eight Yasha Shogun of Seishikan. JOS:
"This was the best musical about a show about men fighting to the death over high school sports ever."
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Fuuma Musical Released (Release 2100)

Post by Gunzy »

LanEvoXRacer wrote:On the front page, why is it that you guys switch the names of the toku heroes?
For example: Super Sentai Decade but not Kamen Rider Decade?
It's a joke...it wouldn't hurt to laugh.
ImageImage
hassei and shirei
Gao
Alignment: Neutral

Post by hassei and shirei »

@Chabii- : I can do Yasha dance. lol I really shock at the first time, but now I able to dance it. Me and 2 of my friends dance it when we cosplay as Yasha ^^ Btw I also think about how poor Reira on the stage covered with 'snow'. lol

@All : Btw, so happy Tv-N also subs the song. It really make me happy. All my friends as FnK fans also happy. I cant download from torrent, but my friends already help me.

I even use "Shien and Byako scene" as my siggy. I love them. How they act is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
When Byako scream "SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!" I get goosebumps.
Fuuma no Kojiro and Ultraman Agul Lover
LanEvoXRacer
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Back-On
My boom: Cardfight!! Vanguard
Quote: "Henshin!"

Post by LanEvoXRacer »

It's a joke...it wouldn't hurt to laugh.
I know it's a joke. But thanks XD.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Finally found the time to watch this!

I'm so glad you guys took the time to sub it. Ever since watching Fuuma no Kojirou and finding out there was a musical, I'd been wanting to see it, but I didn't think any group would take it on. Then the awesome staff at TVN does. I've never been more happy to be wrong!

Honestly, I have seem some pretty goofy musicals. The Prince of Tennis musical comes to mind. .__. The Air Gear musical was pretty goofy... and I just recently finished doing some work on a musical called Frogs which was just... a ha ha ha.. ha... anyway.

As far as musicals go, this one was really good. I was kind of amazed at how well they did compacting the story. And the fight scenes were really well choreographed. My only complaint would be that for a musical... there was a lot of... not musical ness? I guess that the ending song sort of counted as the finale, but there was a long stretch there without any songs. XD

Anyway. It was great. I loved it. And it made me smile at the end.

Uhh. I had more things to say about this, but I can't seem to remember. I swear Suzuki Hiroku/Reira looked deranged while he was singing. I love him, and I don't have anything against the song, but the "O__O" face was really starting to get to me.

Oh yeah. Man... Shindo Gaku/Ryouma's background as a dancer was really obvious at certain points. Especially in that first scene. Just the way he moved during the fighting choreography... lol. Good stuff.

Last but definitely not least, the karaoke? INCREDIBLE. Props to you guys. I was completely stunned by the effects.

Wow that was some rambling... it's like I've had too much cocaine sugar.... :shock:

To sum it up... I liked it. A lot. XD Awesome work.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I love musicals. I don't think I can emphasize enough how much I love musicals. That said, I wasn't really expecting much from a Fuuma musical. I enjoyed the live-action, but they used lots of special effects and plots that I figured would be hard to reproduce. And, although for the most part they cut those, this adaptation worked surprisingly well. The songs were slotted in pretty well, the story moved at a good pace and it was great to see this cast again.

Lovely karaokes. I had a lot of fun singing along. Kind of wish it wasn't so obvious that everyone was lip-synching, but at least it sounded good.

I have to quibble with calling what Yasha did during Musashi's song "dancing" - it was more like synchronized movement. Considering that these actors had to be pretty flexible and quick on their feet in order to accommodate the fight choreography, I was surprised there wasn't more dancing. At least, more intricate dancing.

Reira and Kojirou take the prize for funniest scene. They played off each other great with the timing for the honorific debate and I love that Kojirou basically summarized the date episode. Reira, adorable as he is, also creeped me out with his bug-eyed stare during his song. (That lovely artwork didn't help, take.) But poor Reira and Mibu. I would have been annoyed if I had to play dead for a good 15 minutes on stage while people were still fighting around me. At least Mibu was far enough back on the stage and covered by the set that it was harder to tell if he twitched or something.

The slow-mo clash at the end was pretty incredible. I started laughing during it, mostly out of disbelief that they were actually simulating slow-motion on stage, but I really respect the effort that must have gone into rehearsing it to make it look right.

(Oh - Fire-2 was in this show?! As the yo-yo guy?! Woah!)
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

PHurricane wrote:Reira and Kojirou take the prize for funniest scene. They played off each other great with the timing for the honorific debate
That was probably one of my favorite parts. I had to watch it twice because I was laughing so hard. It also amused me because there was a similar running gag in the Frogs musical, but I think it was much funnier in this one. Probably just because Reira and Kojirou were such a great comical pair. And ending back where they started with "Kojirou-kun" was classic. XD
PHurricane wrote:The slow-mo clash at the end was pretty incredible. I started laughing during it, mostly out of disbelief that they were actually simulating slow-motion on stage, but I really respect the effort that must have gone into rehearsing it to make it look right.
Same here. When they first started I was like, "...they are really doing that, aren't they?" But after a while I was like, "Man, that is actually pretty convincing in places."

hassei and shirei
Gao

Basicly Kojiro and Reira is a best friends. maybe because they have similar age.
I almost cry again when hear "Kojiro-kun.. tanoshi..." Gyaaaaaaah.......

Oh.. Kagerou is a brain. I just understand it now. thank you thank you. I like him so much. lol
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

Decided to watch this tonight after watching the pranking in the rehearsal room. I didn't think it would be bad, but I wasn't expecting to like it better than the drama. I appreciated how they compacted the story, and some of the songs were just awesome. Especially Ryouma's, Mibu's, and the ON/OFF concert at the end (So I guess that means the twins got one song each, even though they sung duets?). :lol: Reira's song was just awful, though. I saw the wonderful collage someone's made, and it was creepier watching it live! Wonder who taught that guy that he needs to open his eyes so "expressively" as to convey to the audience that he's a total nutjob? The lip-syncing was obvious some songs more than others so it wasn't so bad. I'd rather have lip syncing than epic fail live singing. Someone asked why only Mibu had a mic. Maybe he was actually singing live? :lol:

I ended up skipping through the slow mo fight at the end, because it was kind of dull and I did get a bit bored watching the fight scenes. They were cool but I have a short attention span.
PHurricane wrote:Reira and Kojirou take the prize for funniest scene. They played off each other great with the timing for the honorific debate
Loved this scene too! Possibly the best moment of the entire musical?

(Watching this also reminds me of how crappy a role that Kojiro/Yuusuke has in Decade. So sad!)
hassei and shirei
Gao

Gyaaah I really love the karaoke effect ^^ really
The skill effect also amazing.

I really enjoy watching it again

*Get Fuuma no Kojiro Syndrome again*
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

Just finished watching it. I stopped around half coz musical's really not my 'thing' but finished it anyway. I would say not bad. I don't like the lip-synching but the coreography is ok. The drama almost... almost got my sensitive side. All in all, it was quite good.

I'm currently watching Ultraman Nexus as well, and just realized that Musashi is played by the same actor who played Komon Kazuki in Nexus. Yeah, a wig can make a huge difference. He's quite good IMO.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

I've been slowly getting my mother into Japanese dramas... and I figured that considering her love for musicals, she might like the FnK myu. So last night when she got home we sat down in front of my computer and watched it together.

She really liked it. XD I was amused that her favorite character was Mibu, and she got so mad when he died. She liked Musashi, too... I guess my mom has a thing for villains.

Though she complained a lot about how girly some of the actors are. XD "What have Japanese people done that their men have such pretty faces? Their men and women are all starting to look the same. These boys need to work out or something." And in regard to the On/Off twins: "They need haircuts!"

I liked the musical before, but somehow my mother's commentary just made it a more hilarious experience. XD When Ryouma and Musashi were fighting, she was like, "Eyepatch man has to win! He's a good guy, and he has an eye patch so he's at a disadvantage. He has to win, right?"

Great logic, Mom. XD

hassei and shirei
Gao

I like how Ryouma act when fighting. My boarding house freidns said "Is he dance?"
But I really how he scrolling dying with Musashi attack

How Mibu die also cool.

I just regret why they must be lipsync. I never see Myu that lipsyc before. Or maybe because their song has a lot of 'diting' on it? I heard the BG voice like robot or something like that (When I editing it as karaoke mp3)
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

I never knew such a musical could be made. :?

I kept hoping that the people who died in the drama would have lived this time. WAHHH!!! :cry:
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Nope... now they're double dead!

It would have been nice if they hadn't died though....

Return to “Fuuma No Kojirou Live”