Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 44 released

Post by takenoko »

One thing I'll give the writers for Fourze. They're doing a pretty good job at setting something up that has a payoff several episodes later.

I have to admit that I don't think I cared so much about the Yuuki subplot. Yuuki's fine in short bursts as comedy relief. Having a lot of drama involved with her didn't work out so much for me since I knew she was going to be okay no matter what.

I liked that they brought back Gorou just so that they could ransack a room around him while he tries to sleep.

I'm a lot more interested in seeing the stuff set up in this episode with Kengo's "mysterious power" (I think we all know what it is at this point) and Libra's growing fear and desperation. Upcoming episodes should be good.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR Fourze 44 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

I was a bit surprised to see that the actual Yuuki did transform into the Horoscopes. Nobody else besides Kengo realized that there was something obviously wrong with the Horoscopes being so weak.

Also, Kengo's new power is surprising. Can't wait for the development on that.

Aww, looks like more Tomoko and Ryuusei shipping at the end.

Next Episode
Spoiler
Looks like Libra is switching sides. Kinda expected for a while since he's been doubting Gamou for what he's been doing. Also, glad that they brought back Ran. I almost forgot about her to be honest.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Satisfying conclusion to the arc. There were quite a few creepy elements to this plotline, but I thought the writer(s) did a good job of balancing the gravity of the situation with Fourze’s normal tone. Although the more I think about it, the more the amnesia element to the battle between Light and Dark Yuuki doesn’t make sense. Dark Yuuki never seemed to suffer from that type of problem. Did the writers realize that they didn’t meet their quota for having an amnesia storyline in this series and threw it in?

Kudos also to the director and stunt actors for the late episode melee. Maybe it’s because I’m just now catching up to watching Fourze on a weekly basis again, but it really struck me how much was conveyed through creative staging and minimal movement - ie, Libra surveying the battle lines before slinking away from the fight, and Sagittarius shrugging off Fourze’s attack by merely tilting his head to dodge the blade of his sword, and then ignoring the rest of the battle to stare at the Club while they retreated after the mysterious blue energy protected them. Little things, but they really showcased what was going through the minds of the characters in those moments.

And speaking of that blue energy, well, I can’t say I’m entirely shocked. Assuming the force field came from Kengo (which seems like a safe bet), I’m very amused that it appears to have given Capricorn!Leo a headache not dissimilar to what Kengo would collapse from in earlier episodes. Nice use of the headache trill sound effect as well. I’m not sure why it underscored the entire last scene in the Rabbit Hutch, though. It was kind of distracting from Yuuki’s ticket antics and the teasing over Nozama making a move on Ryuusei.

Funny how Ryuusei did not look happy about the implication of receiving pair tickets with Nozama. Then again, Yuuki was a bit creeped out by Nozama at the start of the series, and their friendship improved significantly. We’ve still got plenty of time for him to get used to the idea.

Oh Libra...is it really just sinking in now that you’re expendable? It’s like you’re suffering from selective amnesia of events from previous story arcs.

I wonder if this “Presenter” is something that will stay off screen or if it’s the foreshadowing of the final opponent Fourze and company will have to face. They spent a lot of time talking about it this episode for it to be dropped.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Huh. Unless they’re trying to fake the audience out, I guess that means the last Switcher’s identity isn’t going to be much of a secret. That’s fine. Let’s face it - a mystery over identifying the last Switcher isn’t important at this point in the series - it’s building a climax for the existing characters. For the same reason, I’m relieved that it appears the final Horoscope Switcher isn’t a completely brand new character.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

PHurricane wrote:Oh Libra...is it really just sinking in now that you’re expendable? It’s like you’re suffering from selective amnesia of events from previous story arcs.
He knew he was expendable since the Cancer arc, but he thought that if he still did what Gamou had asked, he would be safe; now he's just all "Well... crap!"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I agreed with take about Yuuki since I don't think Yuuki works well as a character with drama. She's actually better when she's a goofball and not really a major character. I really like JK in this episode and had some good lines. Being the secondary Rider gets you a chick look at IXA and Accel. Ryuusei has a good thing going.

Next Episode

Spoiler
It would be interesting for Ran to be Pisces especially what she dealt with Haru being a Zodiarts.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

takenoko wrote:I'm a lot more interested in seeing the stuff set up in this episode with Kengo's "mysterious power" (I think we all know what it is at this point)
One thing I really liked is that it was Leo's use of Capricorn that invoked Kengo's power. I'm kind of surprised they actually remembered that plot hook, actually, I'd pretty much forgotten it until physically seeing Capricorn in the flesh again reminded me.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Gen having the balls to take on Four Horoscopes at the same time, three of which stomped him one on one is pretty neat. Also, I like how they remember the plot point of the Storm switch being able to redirect cosmic energy.

Yuuki seems to be a TomokoXRyusei shipper as well.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

look, genta's grandpa is still alive!
so, meteor's lame finisher is gemini's weakness? but i'm kidding, because when genta used it, it became frickin AWESOME!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Please excuse me while I have a manly fanboy moment....

*SSSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! RyuseiXTomoko KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!*

*AHEM* Carry on...
Last edited by Lunchboxx on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

A universe-scale Space Kita. I didn't think we'd get that until the finale, so now I'm all the more curious what they'll give us there.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Gen brought out the Sado combo to hit Yuuki when she was gemini...

Onore Sagittarius, getting a young girl to be your partner... And evil Yuki looked good.

So Yuki made Tomo x Ryu official.

This arc was pretty good.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Considering there'ls only a few episodes left, guess they had to kill off a lot of Horoscopes quickly now. No wonder Libra's getting pretty nervous.

I might missed the point of Meteor Storm being a Switch that can absorb energy, when did they mention this?

Well Ryuusei, you might want to scram. I saw a samurai sword is being sheathed in your old school.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

toni2212 wrote:I might missed the point of Meteor Storm being a Switch that can absorb energy, when did they mention this?
When Meteor Storm defeated Cancer Horoscopes. Compared to Fourze who had to launch all the previous supernova powered Horoscopes into space, Meteor Storm was able to defeat Cancer on the ground.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

oh yeah, Meteor Storm's debut. way too back.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

What's with Yuuki getting all excited going into space and inviting everybody along someday. I thought they can already go any time they want via Powerdizer launcher mode or Rabbit Hutch (though limited only on the moon surface).
Could a mere astronaut/cosmonaut invite her own family or friends into the space shuttle or the whole going-into-space stuff will even have the chance to be put into commercial business in her life time? I can understand her friends' acts in playing along responding nicely to her dream, though.
Anyway, did Leo use Virgo switch to retrieve the Gemini switch drifting around the space?
Magenta wrote:One thing I really liked is that it was Leo's use of Capricorn that invoked Kengo's power.
>>> It doesn't necessarily need to be Capricorn's hissatsu to invoke Kengo's power. Any attack directed toward Kengo will invoke it, I think.
ViRGE wrote:A universe-scale Space Kita. I didn't think we'd get that until the finale, so now I'm all the more curious what they'll give us there.
>>> This reminds me with the Unicorn arc in OOO series where the Yummy showed us Eiji's dream which covers the entire planet earth. Judging from this, can we conclude that Eiji's dream is "smaller" than Gen's?
m4rc0 wrote:Gen brought out the Sado combo to hit Yuuki when she was gemini...
>>> That hissatsu of his looks like only barely hurt Yuuki.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”