5%

Total votes: 42
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 30 released

Post by takenoko »

Wow. That was probably the best episode of Sentai that I've seen in a while.

And in a way, it sort of reaffirms why Red Buster has to have the kind of personality that he does. It was dramatic, it was action-packed, and the use of the original opening was perfect. It's like they gave us a second rate opening just so when the original opening played here, it would be that much more awesome. And it was. The battle with Enter in his giant mecha was intense.

At the heart of it, it was the Busters making a very difficult decision that had consequences. This is the kind of thing that separates it from children's shows where the message is "if you try hard enough, everything will always turn out okay." Because that's not really how life works. I'm sort of amazed that the story basically has the Busters kill their own parents. And it wasn't cheap either. They always had hope, but they knew it's been 13 years and that the conditions in the subdimension are pretty terrible. Just as the Busters prepared for the consequences of the truth, so had the viewer as a companion on this journey. It wasn't just a concept that was introduced a couple episodes ago, from the very beginning everyone knew that the people on the research center were probably all dead. So this is like a payoff. It's not a happy ending. But it's the difference between being a hero in a mature story and a children's story.

That said, I'm not naive either. There's still 20 more episodes to go. Enter and Escape probably aren't dead and maybe the parents are still alive too. But as far as we know, at this point the Go-Busters were the ones who finished off their own parents.

And just as we got some answers, it raised a bunch of other ones. Like how did Jin not get sucked into Messiah? How did he build J and their Buster Vehicles if he's sleeping beauty?
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: Go-Busters 30 released

Post by butyoumight »

Not at all what one would expect, and especially not right smack dab in the middle of the season like this. Poor Hiromu making that decision. The end with Youko's mom killed me dead. :(

Loved the mech fight, really wish Epsilon had shown up more frequently, since it looks so bloody cool.

Basically intense, and hard to watch as an Enter fan, heh. Not for the first time, my status as a raging fangirl gets the better of me, and catching Enter's actor cutting his hair and nails in the past week or so was frustrating to say the least.

I'm pretty confident that Enter and Escape aren't dead though, if just because there hasn't yet been a picture of their actors getting flowers on the Toei site. I'm really hoping for a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.

Spoiler
Not too excited for the next fortnight, though. I'm ambivalent at best about Gavan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

Another thing that comes to mind is how funny the Buddyroids' roles are in this episode. "Okay, come with us, but stay out of battle!" "Time to have a heartfelt flashback." "Okay, that's done, back to the Buster Machines you R2D2s on legs."
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Damn, this was such a good episode. Tons of amazing stuff. The scene where Hiromu, Ryuuji, and Youko decided that they can't return until they shut down Messiah, even though it might cost their parents' lives was simply moving and astonishing. I'm curious to see how they handle the remaining half of the series now.

Spoiler
Why hello there, Kotoha. Haven't seen you since Goseiger vs. Shinkenger. Also, Gavan appearance? Very nice!
Kairiki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryosuke
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kairiki »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

In a good way, but still... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

It felt like a last episode for some reason. So in the next 20 episodes or so, we'll see a new villain I suppose.

And just as we got some answers, it raised a bunch of other ones. Like how did Jin not get sucked into Messiah? How did he build J and their Buster Vehicles if he's sleeping beauty?
> Maybe cause he was in another section of the building? And maybe the vehicles were built with his avatar?
Yaiba
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Deka,Magi,Kyouryuu
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken,Kuuga,W

Post by Yaiba »

The episode alone is awesome. The action, the resolution to fight, the ORIGINAL opening... everything is awesome. And like it was said above, it was a not black and white decision, it was not a ridning-off-to-sunset happy ending. Things like this make heroes stories linteresting. The scene at the lab is a bit rush though, I'm not feeling the heartfelt moments and the Bulgars are already rushing in.

What happened to the Ace that was teleported into the subdimension with the research center, I was hoping there would be an Ace vs Ace with Enter controlling the other one. Speaking of Enter, he seems unusually happy when Ace destroy the Megazoid, with him inside, perhaps he set up so the explosion will blow up the whole place?

Still, I can't help but wonder, if the series didn't receive a sudden accelerator in the last three episodes and this battle happens at the end of the series, how will it turn out? I feel the avatar subplot had a lot of potential but was scraped. What if they learn the truth before being called into the subdimension? Will attacking Enter and Escape damage the existence of the creators like Jin does? Will Hiromu hesitate to attack? Why didn't Kuroin recognize Enter's face if Enter looks like a scientist he worked with 13 years ago? ...

Oh well, let's see what they have in store for the second half. I do hope they keep the realism part of the series though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I'd rather not assume that the shakedown directly means canceling the main plot and putting a new one in instead. I mean, it's pretty easy to slap on a new ending and change the tone of the series, but it'd probably be a lot of work to just take it in a brand new direction. Since the main writer is coming back after the new 2-ep subplot and there's some unresolved threads, I think we should consider the possibility that maybe the jump into the subdimension at this point was intentional.

That's the problem with rumors and speculation. You can say just about anything and it will come off as plausible in some light.
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I honestly don't know how Go-Busters could get any better. This is a high for Go-Busters, and I almost wish this was the ending so it wouldn't have another 20 episodes to meander. Then they could wrap up some plot threads in Gokaiger vs. Go-Busters or Go-Busters vs. Kyoryuranger.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Jins body is in its 27 year old state when he said it wasn't? Maybe there is more going on that he isn't letting on about.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Jin, you overdid it.

Shouldn't they be in a hurry? I know learning the truth about their parents was important, but they lost a lot of time they should've used in the mission.

Enter's megazord is cool. Resolution Slash? LOL

So Jin is in cryosleep. Nice way to not kill him and make him young so when he comes back from hyperspace they won't need a new actor.

It was a very good episode plotwise. The origin of the avatars and the explanation of what messiah was were interesting. Also, the engineers being data and part of messiah was a good touch. It also was pretty deep for the characters.

I just hope they bring Escape and Enter back for the next batch of villains.

next ep
Spoiler
Gavan shows up to promote his movie while they don't introduce the new villains.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

m4rc0 wrote:So Jin is in cryosleep. Nice way to not kill him and make him young so when he comes back from hyperspace they won't need a new actor.
You know they could just age him up with makeup, right?
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

I can't help but feel a little disappointed with the ending. Although it was well written, and the acting was solid. (I love the character of Stag Buster!) To me though, the ending just felt a bit rushed. I know they had to have a break for the Gaven tie in, but I felt it was just missing that final polish that most Sentai battles like this have. (Magiranger is my fave-rd example)

Don't talk about stuff unreleased

having the surprise appearance in the battle DVD was another good tie in. my only complaint, why didn't he talk, was the actor not available for the recording?

I do really look forward to the next episode.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Digifiend wrote:
m4rc0 wrote:So Jin is in cryosleep. Nice way to not kill him and make him young so when he comes back from hyperspace they won't need a new actor.
You know they could just age him up with makeup, right?
Age him up Dairanger finale style!

Very good episode. As far as the Go-busters know, this was their final battle so it'll be interesting to see what's next.

Any chance TV Nihon will do the Gavan movie when it eventually comes out? PLEASE?!?!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

redfarmer wrote: Any chance TV Nihon will do the Gavan movie when it eventually comes out? PLEASE?!?!
No plans as of now.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”